Expired Hot Deals

[Harvey's] 50% off Harvey's Build-A-Bowl

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 5:48 pm
Nov 25, 2013
649 posts
236 upvotes
Well, the employees know this and still trying to screw the customers giving bullshit excuses. Pisses me off .
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7512 posts
842 upvotes
Toronto
tracyxtang wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:01 am
I went today. They are offering it but I agree with shyhermit, it's still not worth your money because they skimp on toppings and the employees are extremely rude.
I can confirm this (with the Yonge/Dundas location). They really skimp on toppings there and the employees seem pissed off after requesting any topping. It's very noticeable after seeing some other pictures posted here.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1339 posts
593 upvotes
Got the buffalo chicken and rice this weekend, and it was OK. At 50% off the price is amazing and I would get another bowl at this price, but at full price I'd much sooner order something else off the menu. It was an interesting experience, but I definitely won't miss it when they decide to move on from this experiment. Definitely worth a shot if you haven't had one yet, since you can't go wrong for the price.
Feb 7, 2017
39 posts
27 upvotes
Had another pathetic bowl at Westney and Kingston location. They really skimp on toppings there and the employees seem pissed off after requesting more toppings. If it sux at 50% , how would they sell this crap for full price. Accidentally met a single mom from the neighborhood in line who had her three kids in tow for supper asking for 50% off the four bowls she ordered. The stupid women at counter gave her a really hard time saying it's 50% off of one order..... After some argument she left with her kids. Harvey's should be ashamed of themselves for not honoring the deal they put together.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3242 posts
1089 upvotes
Onex989 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:13 pm
Had another pathetic bowl at Westney and Kingston location. They really skimp on toppings there and the employees seem pissed off after requesting more toppings. If it sux at 50% , how would they sell this crap for full price. Accidentally met a single mom from the neighborhood in line who had her three kids in tow for supper asking for 50% off the four bowls she ordered. The stupid women at counter gave her a really hard time saying it's 50% off of one order..... After some argument she left with her kids. Harvey's should be ashamed of themselves for not honoring the deal they put together.
So they made the four bowls for her and at the time to pay she refused it?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
7585 posts
1394 upvotes
It actually seems like a pretty good deal considering the high nutritional value you're getting for just $4

I've been fed too well as of late and unfortunately don't have the time or at least the opportunity for fast food so I will probably miss out on this promo
** Yes, I'm Italian! ** 😎
Feb 7, 2017
39 posts
27 upvotes
johnnyblayze wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:16 pm
So they made the four bowls for her and at the time to pay she refused it?
Before making the bowls, while paying...Do they let you pay after giving you the bowls at your location?? Wow !
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2159 posts
213 upvotes
North York
Bayview and Cummer - no problem with the toppings. Cheerfully done!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9716 posts
756 upvotes
sheriffabc wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:51 pm
Haven't gone for one of these bowls but I've gotta say this location anytime I've gone there the staff are very friendly.
Jan 12, 2017
811 posts
110 upvotes
,don't get pickles if you can get the chicken bowl it ruins the taste using Google Voice
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
3904 posts
2734 upvotes
My third bowl since the promotion. I got the sauce on the side to keep the fries crispy.
Images
  • IMG_20170320_180143.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4217 posts
1791 upvotes
Onex989 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:13 pm
What is it to the stupid woman who is serving her? Just ring in 4 separate transactions. Such an idiot.....it's NOT like corporate is going to penalize her. Instead, Harvey's loses customers. I hate those employees that TRULY lack common sense. It's not even "loyalty to employer", it's just stupidity.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4217 posts
1791 upvotes
Onex989 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:20 pm
Before making the bowls, while paying...Do they let you pay after giving you the bowls at your location?? Wow !
I've always paid at Harvey's before they start making anything and getting the order ready. Naturally, it's YMMV, just like the service.
Jan 13, 2017
182 posts
60 upvotes
Driving home from work and drop by the Ajax Harvey's at taunton n Salem to get the 50% bowl....and they loaded the toppings in the bowl. No t many customers and it looks like ppl working there were very friendly. Had the crispy and the Buffalo chicken bowls. Nice spicy Thai and the chipotke sauce with hot sauce. Fries and the other rice base. This location is better than the westney location. Ppl seem nicer and friendlier.
Mar 3, 2017
110 posts
41 upvotes
sheriffabc wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:51 pm
Right beside the catholic high school - I'm surprised they don't skimp on everything.