[Harvey's] 50% off Harvey's Build-A-Bowl

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 5:48 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2014
1008 posts
225 upvotes
Alberta
The Harvey's here in Edmonton was generous with the toppings and cheerfully gave more when asked. 51st Ave and 97 street. I got one with rice. It was good and filling for half price. Wouldn't spend 8 bucks on it.
Dec 12, 2010
66 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Good value at half price but some things are laughable, like the spoon they use for corn, and the fact you get whole tomato slices in your bowl. Won't ever pay full price.
Dec 27, 2007
870 posts
140 upvotes
Edmonton
abc123yyz wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:25 pm
The Harvey's here in Edmonton was generous with the toppings and cheerfully gave more when asked. 51st Ave and 97 street. I got one with rice. It was good and filling for half price. Wouldn't spend 8 bucks on it.
I went to the one in South Common today. It was okay. For $4 yeah. For full price never. I got the rice bowl, with Crispy Chicken. When I added cucumbers, the ones she scooped up had a weird ass slime to it, the chick helping me noticed it, went around corner, and threw the cucumers in the garbage and grabbed cucumbers from a different serving station. Technically the slime was in my bowl, so she should of made a new one and was hoping I didnt see but YOLO. Filling yes. But I wont do again.

At this location you paid first before she started making your bowl so I'm assuming cheese is free then?I never got any so don't know
Oct 5, 2006
802 posts
411 upvotes
Calgary
Tried it in the Northgate Village mall, Had the crispy chicken on fries. They were pretty cheap with the toppings. The portion size of the toppings were a tablespoon at best. The bowl was filled to the brim with fries. Overall it was a good deal if you liked fries and a crispy chicken patty, but I probably wouldn't order it again. Not even for $4
Mar 3, 2017
110 posts
41 upvotes
lord wayne wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:08 pm
Tried it in the Northgate Village mall, Had the crispy chicken on fries. They were pretty cheap with the toppings. The portion size of the toppings were a tablespoon at best. The bowl was filled to the brim with fries. Overall it was a good deal if you liked fries and a crispy chicken patty, but I probably wouldn't order it again. Not even for $4
You should have asked for more. Then if it's still not enough ask for even more, and specify the quantity you wanted. That's what I did and I got what I wanted. Most of them don't like to say no, so as the customer you got the advantage.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2017
6 posts
164 upvotes
Employees are told to give you as much of any garnish you want. If you're not happy with the quantity of anything, just ask for more. That's what they are there for.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27674 posts
758 upvotes
Dildo, NL
We haven't been back, who knows, maybe another time this week - but I think I'm done.

Great value at that price, but gotta be creative and make a good meal. I like how they have been trained to build the bowl. Almost like Salad-Barristas. Very artistic.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Banned
Mar 9, 2017
138 posts
16 upvotes
Has anyone tried one of these yet? I keep seeing the commercial, I feel like rice would be the best base
Jul 25, 2013
190 posts
22 upvotes
Kingston
JackDaniels905 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 10:54 am
Has anyone tried one of these yet? I keep seeing the commercial, I feel like rice would be the best base
16 pages of comments but I'm not sure if anyone here has tried one yet...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5908 posts
827 upvotes
TommyM765 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 11:13 am
We just like taking photos of the bowls.. then we throw it out. lol
Banned
Mar 9, 2017
138 posts
16 upvotes
TommyM765 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 11:13 am
hahahaha the people need to know??????????
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27674 posts
758 upvotes
Dildo, NL
canadiankorean wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 11:27 am
We just like taking photos of the bowls.. then we throw it out. lol
#Truth
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Mar 20, 2017
3 posts
Longtime lurker of red flag deals but first time posting. Tried this in Winnipeg for lunch today. Would echo previous comments. It's alright to try for $4.50 but wouldnt pay full price for this. Not a lot of chicken for what you get. And boy are they skimpy with toppings. And it would be nice if they cut up the pickles and tomatoes. They are just too big. But its worth trying once.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
Kab wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:29 pm
Good value at half price but some things are laughable, like the spoon they use for corn, and the fact you get whole tomato slices in your bowl. Won't ever pay full price.
scared to ask for more or something lol, i guess its not for shy people