Expired Hot Deals

[Harvey's] Free Veggie, Original, or Angus burger. Order via the Mobile App and pickup in-store (TODAY Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2019 7:30 pm
Feb 5, 2012
113 posts
67 upvotes
Woodbridge
Downloaded the app on my android device yesterday (Note 9). It was quite possibly the "buggiest" app I've ever tried using. How did Google even allow this on their app store?

What a piece of junk. I was able to register an account easily enough. After that it was all downhill. Error message after error message. I cleared the cache and tried to sign in with a Facebook account instead. More error messages.

Needless to say, I was unsuccessful in getting my free burger. I went home defeated and hungry and saw there was an update to the app. Hope. I had hope that they fixed the bugs and I'd be able to get my free burger on Saturday.

We all know how that turned out. They built me up only to let me down. I received the email shortly after updating their buggy app that there shall be no free burger on Saturday.

And this is why I will never bring children into this world. You just can't trust anyone. You broke my heart, Harvey's.
Jun 14, 2019
1 posts
Disappointed they ended it early, but going through past comments here it looks like the app was a bit buggy and some people really abused the hell out of it.

I've never had Harvey's before and I'd heard they're good, but the regular prices are a bit high. This would have been a nice excuse to try for the first time
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1063 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Visceroy wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:06 am
Disappointed they ended it early, but going through past comments here it looks like the app was a bit buggy and some people really abused the hell out of it.

I've never had Harvey's before and I'd heard they're good, but the regular prices are a bit high. This would have been a nice excuse to try for the first time
They still have a 2 for $6 promo on original and veggie burgers until June 30. Pretty sure they also have birthday freebies if you sign up for their newsletter.
Jun 14, 2019
1 posts
2 upvotes
I ordered the free burger at 266 Queen Quey's West location. And they don't honor the order.. lot of people complains at the store. We show them the confirmation, lucky we keep the images, but they just don't care, we can't get any help even at the app. Shame on Harvey's... If the company not willing to provide the gift, just don't announce the promotion
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3698 posts
2012 upvotes
So they denied it even though I had a confirmation. Lame.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4678 posts
1887 upvotes
johnnyblayze wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 11:10 am
So they denied it even though I had a confirmation. Lame.
did you just walk out or did you buy something despite the burger-block?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12047 posts
2506 upvotes
RFD
Yikes didn't know they ended promo early, was going to go today as I didn't get a chance to go at all yesterday. Too bad. Oh well I usually never go to Harvey's anyway.
Jun 2, 2016
2 posts
2 upvotes
I also have the order confirmation but the staff said they have not got the order from their machine.
Oct 27, 2017
250 posts
144 upvotes
Holy crap. The whiny entitled babies in this topic. Obviously it was the insane amount of traffic that made their app go down during the lunch and dinner hours. And for the complaint about some store showing close while standing in front of the open store, it's unlikely Harveys head office or the Raptors organization are reimbursing the individual franchisees for the freebies. So after giving away a few hundred burgers, it's not really unreasonable for individual stores to make decision to limit their stock to save for paying customers. The restaurant staff worked off their butt to serve the mad rush. No reason to be mad at them.
Apr 4, 2017
807 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Other deal is gone and now they only have special drink promo.

It was there like an ago, about to place an order and totally changed? Why they keep changing promo every few hours.

Deleting the app now.
Apr 4, 2017
807 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Lol use the skipthedishes dishes to take $5 off today.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3698 posts
2012 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 11:17 am
did you just walk out or did you buy something despite the burger-block?
Walked out with my pride intact
Apr 14, 2019
87 posts
96 upvotes
eelw11 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 11:57 am
Holy crap. The whiny entitled babies in this topic. Obviously it was the insane amount of traffic that made their app go down during the lunch and dinner hours. And for the complaint about some store showing close while standing in front of the open store, it's unlikely Harveys head office or the Raptors organization are reimbursing the individual franchisees for the freebies. So after giving away a few hundred burgers, it's not really unreasonable for individual stores to make decision to limit their stock to save for paying customers. The restaurant staff worked off their butt to serve the mad rush. No reason to be mad at them.
It’s a promotion. Designed to attract customers that ended up being counterproductive. They take your money, for nothing in return and you call that whining? One of those don’t worry about five bucks meanwhile for five of your cents you’d be hotter than a jalapeño.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1698 posts
594 upvotes
I find it funny in here the ones accusing those of whining or the ones who got the free burger. The app was horrible, and the in store experience was even worse. No one is whining, just expressing frustration of time wasted. We can't control the actions of losers who abuse this stuff. If you're going to do a promotion, do it right and take the time.