Careers

Has anyone applied to CSIS for intelligence Officer?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2015 12:13 am
Tags:
None
Nov 15, 2008
785 posts
200 upvotes
Lemig0s wrote:
Jan 12th, 2015 11:29 pm
Im watching Homeland and it made me want to work for the CSIS lmao. Imagine infiltrating ISIS, befriend with their leader and behead him all of a sudden, take his head and run to your plane and bring the head to Harper and Obama.
Prepare yourself for the excitement of pushing paper.

"The fact is that, despite the sleek videos, the job for CSIS’s newbies can be mind-numbingly boring. ...Once you get inside CSIS, the carefully crafted artifice reflected in this batch of videos crumbles. Disappointment and disillusionment set in."

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editoria ... tment.html
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
10597 posts
1895 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't know, giving your consent to be 100% exposed and monitored for the rest of your life, doesn't sit well with me.
Not that it's any better, when they are doing it without your knowledge!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
3990 posts
204 upvotes
Scarborough
Lemig0s wrote:
Jan 12th, 2015 11:29 pm
Im watching Homeland and it made me want to work for the CSIS lmao. Imagine infiltrating ISIS, befriend with their leader and behead him all of a sudden, take his head and run to your plane and bring the head to Harper and Obama.
and then be a drain on taxpayer money due to PTSD, stress, emotional issues, etc ?? LOL
Note: I do not work for any transit system.
Oct 16, 2013
985 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Most spy jobs are desk bound and not like TV.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2005
3879 posts
400 upvotes
I can't believe some of the questions they ask.

Some are against anti-discrimination labour laws.

How do they get away with this?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
2037 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
mystery wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 9:10 pm
I can't believe some of the questions they ask.

Some are against anti-discrimination labour laws.

How do they get away with this?
They want to make sure you are loyal to Canada, and not crazy.
Sales Representative Homelife Bayview Realty
Feb 24, 2013
576 posts
102 upvotes
none of your busines…
nikita4 wrote:
May 8th, 2013 9:35 pm
You know that you are not supposed to disclose all this information...you have signed a confidentiality agreement regarding the selection process. You could be sue for disclosing all that stuff over the web...just saying...
Be afraid. The big bad boogie man is gonna get ya. LOL. Being prepared for the interview process when job hunting is what more often than not helps you land the position.
Oct 13, 2011
188 posts
31 upvotes
Montr
DealSeeker3000 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2015 11:39 am
Be afraid. The big bad boogie man is gonna get ya. LOL. Being prepared for the interview process when job hunting is what more often than not helps you land the position.
That's not the point. It's an agreement you sign before the interview. You are free to do whatever you want, but I think it should be reminded.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
2239 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
summerbreeze1 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2013 12:20 pm
I applied for two positions, including intelligence officer, back in november. I have a masters degree, speak two foreign languages and have several public and private sector internships, and I have heard nothing from them at all. Really surprised.
Why are you surprised? There's at least 10 of you graduating with the same resume as you in every school in the country?
Sep 23, 2011
612 posts
324 upvotes
LAVAL
greg123 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2015 6:04 pm
Why are you surprised? There's at least 10 of you graduating with the same resume as you in every school in the country?
but the guy has private and public sector INTERNSHIPS though!
Nov 15, 2008
785 posts
200 upvotes
Lemig0s wrote:
Jan 14th, 2015 9:31 pm
but the guy has private and public sector INTERNSHIPS though!
I think the non-response is explained by CSIS's policy that they don't want to hire people who are stupid enough to work for free.
× < >