Shopping Discussion

Has anyone bought anything from Stylo furniture and mattress in mississauga?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2016 10:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
4423 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga

Has anyone bought anything from Stylo furniture and mattress in mississauga?

would like some feedback before i give a deposit in a few days.

thanks

Stylo Furniture And Matte
1456 Dundas E,
Mississauga, ON L4X 1L4
33 replies
Feb 10, 2009
655 posts
27 upvotes
I bought a mattress from one of the furniture and mattress places along Dundas. I visited a few of them, and they are all pretty much to same. Would not surprise me one bit if they all had their furniture built from the same place.

They were alright. My mattress had to be built, took a couple of days. I paid full price as the "deposit". It was ready when it was supposed to be.

They were memorable enough that I don't remember the name of the place I went to. They got the job done at a decent price and it was ready when it was supposed to be.
Jun 18, 2009
74 posts
2 upvotes
do not shop there, one of the worst places..especially the owner"hamid" or whatever..liar..will delay your furniture for 2-3 months, not call you back, avoid you..took me to threaten my lawyer for him
to deliver my furniture. worst experience ever
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
4423 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
kamikazi wrote: do not shop there, one of the worst places..especially the owner"hamid" or whatever..liar..will delay your furniture for 2-3 months, not call you back, avoid you..took me to threaten my lawyer for him
to deliver my furniture. worst experience ever
thanks. now i know i made the right decision to take my business elsewhere.

also read 4 bad reviews on google, all saying exactly what you were saying.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=en& ... CBsQqgUwAA
Feb 28, 2011
2 posts
1 upvote
toronto
You are making the biggest mistake of your life if you go there. They are con-artists and tell lies one after another. As soon as you enter the store, they will make you think that you are dealing with the finest people in this business. But it's only until you pay the deposit that you begin to see their true faces.

Save yourselves, and your money, from these liars.
Feb 28, 2011
2 posts
1 upvote
toronto
TinyTank wrote: thanks. now i know i made the right decision to take my business elsewhere.

also read 4 bad reviews on google, all saying exactly what you were saying.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=en& ... CBsQqgUwAA

Finally I have received my furniture but all chipped and damaged ,I had ordered it in Feb but after so many problems I got it now ,they had promise that there is no delivery fees but I had to pay it as they threat us that they will not deliver it otherwise .when I talked to them they were very rude to me and told me that furniture has to come from china and it could take another 2 months to deliver .I have no any other choice to keep it as I have paid them full price and there sales are final sales no refund no exchange.
very bad experience ,don't get convince of their cheaper prices ,they will give you very attractive quote to get your deposit but don't complain if you receive junk at the end.
Jan 28, 2008
2 posts
Mississauga
Few days ago we bought sofa set there. We ordered bonded leather set but what we got is all vinyl or polyester! We went back to the store to complain about it but they keep saing that it is a bonded leather. The floor model looks like bonded but what they ship to the customer is totally different, we don't know what to do :(
Apr 13, 2011
1 posts
Mississauga
Hi...

The only thing that I want to share is that Hamed and the staff are honest people, I know them they all the time had given me good prices and I had not had problems with my deliveries.... Four months ago I purchased stuff from them and I took that furniture to mexico...

Thanks Stylo furniture... I do not know why some people like to say lies about honest bussiness....

Andres
Apr 14, 2011
1 posts
toronto
BeaMaj wrote: Few days ago we bought sofa set there. We ordered bonded leather set but what we got is all vinyl or polyester! We went back to the store to complain about it but they keep saying that it is a bonded leather. The floor model looks like bonded but what they ship to the customer is totally different, we don't know what to do :(

you have done a very big mistake,these people are con artist ,fake and bad and lie like hell off .Their sales man Hamid is the biggest liar from all of them.
I had very bad experience too and I will never recommend any one to even think to shop there. They were very nice until they got my money as deposit .
Delivery was extremely late .They never return the phone calls ,ignore you and talk to you rudely. Their only interest is to get your deposit money so they can get there commission and after that they don't care about you. There customer service sucks.I received junk at the end ,all damaged and broken parts.
I complained to BBB (better business bureau) and they have resolved my problem. I would recommend you to record your complain to BBB and hopefully
they will find some solution for you.
Jan 28, 2008
2 posts
Mississauga
Thanks ODDO I'll contact BBB. I hope they could help me to resolve the problem.
Mar 21, 2011
541 posts
79 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm yet another stupid customer of Stylo Furniture.

After promising us a solid wood bed and a luxury orthopedic mattress with 20 years warranty they sent us a particleboard-made low-quality bed (not worth the money we paid) and a mattress with "5 years warranty" label.

I have the invoice clearly saying "double size bed, black, wood".

Tried to call them for almost a week - manager Rahat (just Rahat, maybe he's ashamed to show his last name) was pretending to be absent, my phone and name was taken 3 times - and not a single callback.
Last calls from my cell phone even was not picked up!
However, when I called once again from my office phone, they answered almost immediately.

I managed to get to Rahat, he told me that label attached to the mattress is wrong one, so the warranty is still 20 years. As for "wood" written by his hand on the invoice Rahat told me to bring the invoice to the store.

I've sent him a copy by fax - nothing happened.
I called him again - the younger guy did not let me talk to Rahat, telling to leave the name and phone. I refused, wanted to wait on hold, the guy agreed, but in less than 2 minutes told me that Rahat will be busy for quite a long time. I hung up and went to that unholy store.

There I was met by Rahat, telling that label on the mattress is attached by mistake, and he personally guaranties the whole 20 years (he immediately wrote it on my invoice). As for the bed material I was told "wood" means the color, not material. Now I'll check if the leather is actually a leather, not vinyl.

When I told him that I'm not satisfied and will complain, he said OK, and saying no more left me going into the far corner of the store.

I've made a complaint to the BBB, and will leave the negative feedback anywhere I can.

Once again - avoid this store at any cost, they've made the fraud the integral part of their business plan.
Dec 14, 2011
1 posts
BOLTON
titanic wrote: You are making the biggest mistake of your life if you go there. They are con-artists and tell lies one after another. As soon as you enter the store, they will make you think that you are dealing with the finest people in this business. But it's only until you pay the deposit that you begin to see their true faces.

Save yourselves, and your money, from these liars.

I bought a leather couch. Was told "it's 100% leather. Some places put leather for the seats then vinyl on the sides and back, but this is all leather". I received a vinyl couch. They call it bonded leather, despite never mentioning bonded leather in the sales pitch. Paid $500 was told I could return it for a $75 refund, or take them to court.
Do not sign anything until you are 110% sure you got what you paid for.
STAY AWAY! LIARS! SCUM!
Dec 16, 2011
1 posts
YORK
I read, with outmost attention, all complains concerning the quality of services and products, and I must admit it scared me quite a lot. After visiting so many Furniture shops (small and big ones) I found the twin size bed bedroom set (usually very difficult to find any) and mattresses, exactly what I had in mind. And decided to take my chances. I negotiated a price with Hamid and paid deposit. Fortunately I got what I paid for with slight delivery problem. They forgot to pick up a few items from the factory so I was left waiting for another week. Not a big deal.
I understand some people had a bad experiences but I felt obliged to write something good about my experience and help Stylo Furniture to improve its services based on the bad and good feed backs.

:D :D

Neven
Feb 16, 2011
27 posts
5 upvotes
First and foremost - I don't understand how a business like this exists in Canada. I can expect this form of business in India (I am Indian), but in Canada, REALLY?

I had one experience with this place and based on that, I advise everyone FROM SHOPPING THERE!!!!

My Experience: I bought a soft and the store clerk said it would be ready for pick up in a week. After picking the package up, I realized that Stylo gave me the floor model piece that was missing a leg part. When I called to confront them, Hamid said it was my fault for not un-packing the box at the store (and to notice the missing part). He said he wont give me a refund and offered me the option of exchanging it for another (UGLIER) colour (THIS IS NOT A JOKE).

After 8 MONTHS (!!!!!!!!!!!) and countless visits/complaints, Hamid finally gave me the correct sofa.

STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM THIS STORE.....
Feb 16, 2011
27 posts
5 upvotes
dnovelov wrote: Hi...

The only thing that I want to share is that Hamed and the staff are honest people, I know them they all the time had given me good prices and I had not had problems with my deliveries.... Four months ago I purchased stuff from them and I took that furniture to mexico...

Thanks Stylo furniture... I do not know why some people like to say lies about honest bussiness....

Andres

You seem like a Stylo Furniture Stakeholder..... hmmm?
I wouldn't be surprised if you were hamid. He put up fake reviews on Google Review.
Sep 22, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
ETOBICOKE
I foolishly did not research this company. I will be a regular here now. Stylo fumiture is filled with Pakistani criminals using God as a front for "I am an honest and faithful person". Rahat and his son Mohamed are the most evil people I have ever had the misfortune to have met. The details of my experience is the same as almost all the complaints listed on this thread. I spent 3,500 cash in this vile building and I pray that God reserves a special place for them in HELL FIRE. I have taken steps to have them known for their evil practices within the Pakistani community and all the people and places I can. Thieves, liars and the lowest of criminals. They belong in jail. Rahat your fake tears may they only be multiplied on the day of judgement when all speaks, as you stand alone. I am not done. You will find no peace in your heart until you correct the mistake you made with this very strong Mohmeena.
Nov 30, 2007
10 posts
1 upvote
Hi wasfooled... I am also now on their mercy and stuck. Didn't do the research earlier so bad.... Wondering should we all pool together and disclose their unfair business practices. More people we are more we can go after them and save our other fellows to get ripped off by them.
Dec 4, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
BRAMPTON
Horrible experience overall!! I bought a dresser two months ago, gave my deposit. The guy told me he could have it in stock by a week. But, it was delayed for two months! He made one promise after another, kept insisting I buy a dresser he had on display. After several phone calls, he tells me I could get my dresser only if I make the rest of the payment first. So I go to the store, made my full payment, but the guy kept insisting I buy the dresser on display. Then he tells me he will get my original dresser I ordered delivered that day after I insisted I wanted my original order. I call him an hour later after leaving his store to follow up on the delivery, he tells me they dropped my dresser and it's broken. Again, he brings up the dresser on display and says he could deliver that instead. After much frustration, I go to the store to take my money back, looked at the invoice he faxed to the supplier, turns out my dresser was "discontinued/sold out". Obviously he had to tell me the dresser was broken bc he never had it to begin with! After I confronted him and said this is bad business ethics and they were dishonest, the guy gets so upset with me. Two of the sales associate, yelled at me telling me to get out of the store, swore at me, threatened me and kept my personal information which I asked for...he even kept my copy of the invoice. These people are very dishonest, don't have good ethics, will do anything to get business. Please be cautious of them. I just had this experience and after reading many other reviews, I'm not the only one. They lie to get business!! Beware!!! Btw this happened to me 2 hours ago literally! Horrible people! I will report them to better business bureau!
Dec 9, 2012
3 posts
SCARBOROUGH
hey toronto

I don't understand how people like this do business in Canada. Good luck with your complaint at BBB. Hope they can help you. There rating is F with BBB so not sure whether stylo care or not. One thing you should do, call ontario ministry of consumer affairs to complaint. The more complaint in ministry against them will make consumer affairs take serious action. We all who already suffered with stylo should help others to beaware of them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)