• Mar 16th, 2017 9:30 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4024 posts
312 upvotes

Has anyone ever used EasyClocking.com or similiar

We are looking for a convenient solution for our business to track employee time (clock in/out, break etc)
An interesting solution we found is easyclocking.com .
The initial costs arent really cheap but so far its the best i could find.

Can anyone recommend other similar solutions or maybe provide a review on this one?

ps. we were looking at the finger print sign in/out device with their cloud service
2 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13871 posts
4424 upvotes
I am not sure the price of their service, but have you considered it might be overkill for just clocking in and out? There seem to be a lot of features in this software and if you end up having to buy the entire package just for the clock in/out functionality, you might be really over paying.

For example, would you be better off with a solution like this if you only want finger print clock in / out?
https://www.costco.com/uAttend-BN5500-W ... 74550.html

I'm personally not sure you want fingerprint - even with my iPhone it does not work all the time and I believe that thing like moisturizer, etc. can cause issues with your fingerprint. Perhaps a traditional code or paper based system might be more reliable because the last thing you want to be doing is dealing with their complaints.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4024 posts
312 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:19 pm
I am not sure the price of their service, but have you considered it might be overkill for just clocking in and out? There seem to be a lot of features in this software and if you end up having to buy the entire package just for the clock in/out functionality, you might be really over paying.

For example, would you be better off with a solution like this if you only want finger print clock in / out?
https://www.costco.com/uAttend-BN5500-W ... 74550.html

I'm personally not sure you want fingerprint - even with my iPhone it does not work all the time and I believe that thing like moisturizer, etc. can cause issues with your fingerprint. Perhaps a traditional code or paper based system might be more reliable because the last thing you want to be doing is dealing with their complaints.
Valid point. The price of the ongoing service isnt that bad, $15/mo or 150 per year and is optional. But the cost of the first year + setup + device is around $800CAD and i dont know if i will have to pay duties on this since its coming from the US.
The reason we want a finger print scanner is to not allow employees to swipe for each other and to be hassle free in terms of not having cards or what not laying around. We tried paper before and an ipad app that snaps a picture of the employee when they sign in/out but didnt work that well for us.

I did not know costco sold these devices, and since they have an excellent return policy i might as well try it out, thanks for pointing that out.