• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 10:32 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10284 posts
785 upvotes
Mississauga
I flew Westjet to Dublin back in '16, and it was fine. There was a brief layover in St. John's, NF and we left and arrived on time.

I guess the two most common complaints about these long-haul WJ flights are 1) No IFE and 2) No complimentary meal/alcohol. For me, those aren't really deal breakers. I bring my tablet/phone which are loaded up with enough movies, tv shows, music and podcasts to last me a journey around the world. Airplane food in cattle class is mediocre at best, so I just had a proper meal at the airport first. It was an overnight flight anyways, so I wasn't going to eat anything else anyways.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
4745 posts
434 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:31 pm
I flew Westjet to Dublin back in '16, and it was fine. There was a brief layover in St. John's, NF and we left and arrived on time.

I guess the two most common complaints about these long-haul WJ flights are 1) No IFE and 2) No complimentary meal/alcohol. For me, those aren't really deal breakers. I bring my tablet/phone which are loaded up with enough movies, tv shows, music and podcasts to last me a journey around the world. Airplane food in cattle class is mediocre at best, so I just had a proper meal at the airport first. It was an overnight flight anyways, so I wasn't going to eat anything else anyways.
ditto !
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

WENGER IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1086 posts
235 upvotes
heymikey wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:04 pm
Gatwick airport to London Bridge station takes about 30 min on the Thameslink line, and that's not even the Gatwick Express.
Car service > train
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7183 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
I like the 767 for its seating configuration 2-3-2 perfect when your flying as a couple and less problems when flying solo too.

Not a fan of west jet long haul though so considering it's not that long of a hual I'd take air Canada

Forget those crap ice land airlines. Charging for booze narrow body crap and heaven forbid your stuck in Iceland not many ways outta that place
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10284 posts
785 upvotes
Mississauga
GangStarr wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:30 pm
I like the 767 for its seating configuration 2-3-2 perfect when your flying as a couple and less problems when flying solo too.

Not a fan of west jet long haul though so considering it's not that long of a hual I'd take air Canada

Forget those crap ice land airlines. Charging for booze narrow body crap and heaven forbid your stuck in Iceland not many ways outta that place
Considering its tiny size, a ton of airlines actually service Iceland. There are three airlines that fly the YYZ-KEF route alone. KEF should actually expand its size to accommodate all the tourism that is coming its way, as it gets pretty crowded.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7183 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:12 pm
Considering its tiny size, a ton of airlines actually service Iceland. There are three airlines that fly the YYZ-KEF route alone. KEF should actually expand its size to accommodate all the tourism that is coming its way, as it gets pretty crowded.
Still rather be stranded in mainland Europe then in Iceland, those 3 airlines don't have that many planes and run to capacity, even one plane down on any of those airlines (particularly wow) and you can be stuck far longer then being stuck anywhere in Europe or even non hub Canadian cities.

Personally I wont fly any Iceland base airline unless travelling to Iceland.

edit:

Recent RFD'er stuck for 3 days

flight-cancelled-rescheduled-can-i-chargeback-2154311/

Perhaps he wasn't as demanding as he should have been, but considering many people flying this discount airline probably havn't throught about airline insurance (or worse have it but don't use it) get stuck in this high priced country.

Iceland seems like a nice place to visit don't get me wrong. However their strategic position that allows them to use shorter range narrow bodies to hit a lower price point doesn't appeal to me.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2017
112 posts
34 upvotes
heymikey wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:04 pm
Gatwick airport to London Bridge station takes about 30 min on the Thameslink line, and that's not even the Gatwick Express.
You're thinking Blackfriars, Thames link doesn't go to London Bridge and it's 45-60 minutes depending on stops, time of day etc. Done it a few times
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3138 posts
243 upvotes
London, EU
They stopped it briefly during the reconstruction of London Bridge station. Thameslink services to Gatwick airport from London Bridge station have been resumed.