Has anyone had a mole removal?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2020 10:04 am
Tags:
None
Apr 24, 2005
341 posts
Vancouver, BC
Any recommendations? A beauty salon mole removal in Vancouver. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1982 posts
10 upvotes
Kingston
I had one on my shoulder that was buggin me.
Dr cut it out (froze me first) and it just left a little tiny scar. looks like a mini cigarette burn.
He charged me .......20 bucks I think? Might have only been ten......
Dec 11, 2019
1 posts
When i was 15 years old, i had a mole then i found my face ugly from before and i starting find the best mole removal treatment. I appoint a doctor who was mole surgeon and finish my mole removal surgery. now, i am happy with my face.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1550 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote: Any recommendations on places to go in Toronto?
If its on your face, i would recommend a plastic surgeon-its affordable, and they are very careful and pricise.
If its on another part of your body- maybe speak with your doctor.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12990 posts
1471 upvotes
submalst wrote: If its on your face, i would recommend a plastic surgeon-its affordable, and they are very careful and pricise.
If its on another part of your body- maybe speak with your doctor.
Thanks.

When you say affordable, what rough estimate price range are we looking at?
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
2024 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
I regularly see a dermatologist for skin cancer checks (family history) and she will randomly biopsy moles to check.. they are removed and its free...

Never had to pay
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1550 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote: Thanks.

When you say affordable, what rough estimate price range are we looking at?
like less than $200.
if anywhere else on your body, its not a big deal as others have mentioned- --but if its your face, you may want to have an expert do it. I am sure other doctors can do. If its bothering you to the point that your thinking about it - the peace of mind and confidence- its worth the price.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3925 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto
As mentioned by others, depends where the mole is, on your face or on your body.

Since you indicate that you live in Toronto (as do I) you will have to see a doctor to get a price. The number of moles to be removed will be a factor; how the moles are going to be removed will be factor (burning off or cutting the mole off) - I have had both done. If the mole is on your face, I would have a plastic surgeon do it. However, the surgeon has to determine whether or not the removal of the mole (if on your face) will leave a scar more noticeable than the mole itself. I did have a large, skin coloured mole removed from my face in 2013 - the price was $500.00 and it was removed by a plastic surgeon. There was/is no scarring.

There is a limit on the size of "skin tags" as moles/warts are called that your GP can do - bottom line is they have to be pretty small as in almost non-existent. Generally, your Primary GP will have to refer you to a Derm or a P.S. who will then tell you the cost.

If as in the case of ericlewise91 you have a demonstrated family history of cancerous moles, then that is different, but you would still need a referral and in this particular case you would not have to pay.

This is not a good time for referrals - be prepared, it can take a long time even before COVID-19. OHIP will not cover the cost of mole removal nor are you able to claim removal of skin tags on your income tax even if you have enough bills to warrant the credit.

Note that rules are different depending on the province. I am assuming you are in Ontario.