Shopping Discussion

Has anyone purchased anything from Beyond the Rack?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2016 4:53 am
Feb 12, 2010
84 posts
2 upvotes

Has anyone purchased anything from Beyond the Rack?

Hi everyone.
I'd like to share my experiences with the Beyond the Rack and would like to know how you guys handled with them

I've made my first purchase (Gucci Sunglasses) from Beyond the Rack on Jan 26th, and still haven't received my item. I got an email from them few weeks ago about the fact that they received the item from the dealer (Gucci) and that they will ship my item soon. I've contacted them through email, but I'm not getting anything back!!! :mad:

On "My account" and "order history", it only says that my item hasnt been shipped. but nothing else...

Has anyone purchased anything from them?
Do you happen to know how long it takes to get stuff shipped?
I'm really concerned and started to worry that this web is not even legit... :confused:
186 replies
Jun 17, 2006
58 posts
Ordered a few items and shipping usually takes about 3-4 weeks.
Company is legit but their shipping is slow and customer service really sucks.
I'm hesistant to order from them again in the future as they had short shipped me once(ordered 2 items and only 1 came) and they won't let you know that till you contact them. Even getting a refund was quite difficult as they don't answer your emails!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1510 posts
80 upvotes
I have purchased from them once and had no issues. I ordered a purse and got email confirmation right away. Then I got delivery about 1 week later and all that day got emails from Fedex indicating status of delivery. So I have nothing to complain about. But if you do a google search you will see other people have many complaints from late shipping to bad customer service. I'm thinking I got lucky.
Nov 13, 2009
38 posts
3 upvotes
Quesnel BC Canada
I have twice, once it shipped here within a week the next time four. I think it varies depending on the brand s they get it from the manufacturer after shipping. but the items were good when I got them. Another great site like this that is Canadian is frantic fashion (franticfashion.com), I get their items fast as they have them in stock at their location already and it's great prices too, less selection though as they are newer.
[OP]
Feb 12, 2010
84 posts
2 upvotes
thanks everyone! omg, i've been reading some reviews on Google, and it seems like almost everyone is having trouble with this website! only one review i read out of 24 said he/she received the item in 2 weeks, and that was the shortest wait time! many people ended up not even getting their refunds! how am i supposed to deal with this? Is there anywhere we can go to when they don't resolve problems like this? Some customer service?? man i'm gonna cry T_T
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5745 posts
539 upvotes
You're supposed to do your research before you order, not after.
Mar 6, 2006
50 posts
8 upvotes
yup, having problems too. I ordered on Jan 30th and Feb 3rd. I hate that they charge your card before they confirm shipment. I've sent three email and no reply. If they don't ship in the next week I'm going to contact Visa to tell them I never received the product and ask them to cancel the charges. Check out Visa epromise:

Visa E-Promise*: The Visa E-Promise assures Visa cardholders that if they have been unsuccessful in resolving a dispute with an online, phone order, or mail order merchant, they can contact their Visa card issuer directly to resolve the disputed credit card charge.
Feb 18, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote
I ordered 1 sweather and 1 jacket in December and got both in January. It took exactly 1 month to reach me. They didn't sent me any tracking information until the day when it arrived at my house.

From other people's reviews online it seems the problem usually happens with big ticket items? Mine were relatively cheap stuff (both under $100) so I didn't have any problems or maybe I just got lucky.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1510 posts
80 upvotes
dmak0 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2010 1:14 pm
I ordered 1 sweather and 1 jacket in December and got both in January. It took exactly 1 month to reach me. They didn't sent me any tracking information until the day when it arrived at my house.

From other people's reviews online it seems the problem usually happens with big ticket items? Mine were relatively cheap stuff (both under $100) so I didn't have any problems or maybe I just got lucky.
Nope, mine was a big ticket item and I had no problem. And for the poster who said do you research before you buy not after: RFD actually posts their sales on this website. To me, that is a green light that they are good retailers. Nonetheless, I stilll did research on the web and stupid me just googled Beyond the Rack. Not Beyond the RAck bad customer service etc, etc. So I got nothing but reviews that said basically nothing. So I ordered. LIke I said before I had NO issues at all. But sounds like I am one of the lucky few.
Jun 25, 2006
148 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary
I ordered something for a relative in Ontario and there were no problems. Shipping took a while, but products arrived and like someone above mentioned, got tracking info the morning of delivery.

It does say on the site "Your order will ship from Beyond the Rack within 7-10 business days from the time we receive it. Once shipped, delivery within the US and Canada takes from 1-5 business days. Delivery of international orders can take anywhere from 15-30 days, depending on your location. In rare instances, your order may take up to 15 business days to be shipped from Beyond the Rack. In such cases, you will receive notification via email."

My order was on the slow end but still within their estimates (10+2 days).
Aug 12, 2009
6 posts
1 upvote
Unfortunatley their shipping time is way too long. I ordered a purse from on January 7th and I didnt receive it until Feb 2nd (after I made an inquiry into the status of my order).

I was shocked that it them in January It took 4 1/2 weeks for me to receive my item. Im just so used to ordering things from a supplier that have the items in stock. In my opinion is that they dont actually warehouse the items they sell them on behalf of a distributer so they have to contact the distributor that then sends the items to them and they then ship it out to you.

The good part is that the items are exactly as described.

Hope this helps!
Nov 3, 2008
23 posts
1 upvote
I've never ordered, but my sister LOVES them. She does say that she has to wait for delivery sometimes but loves the items. She's never had a problem not receiving her purchase. She also likes HauteLook.
Jan 1, 2010
8 posts
Abbotsford
My order took 2-3 weeks as explained on website. Ordered yoga capri. Love them. Only ordered because I won 20 dollars off the item. So I had to pay for the shipping. The shipping is high but worth the product.
Mar 11, 2010
1 posts
SW USA
Good afternoon: I have encountered a serious problem with my order from Beyond The Rack. Unfortunately, this online retailer takes your money and then takes an inordinate amount of time to ship. Too late after I ordered, I discovered that many of the items they list for sale are not in stock. After you order and your money is taken, this retailer will begin its attempts to gain access to your items so they can then ship them to you. Many retailers will not charge your account UNTIL THEY SHIP. Such is not the case with Beyond The Rack. Your account will immediately be charged, and you may not get your order for WELL over a month or more. I finally cancelled my order (after waiting one month) but still do not have a credit to my account. I urge caution and an extreme amount of patience if you choose to do business with them.
Apr 29, 2009
265 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
My order (less than $100) took exactly one month to arrive from the day I processed the order.
× < >