Cell Phones

Has anyone received a Text from phone number 204-977-2262?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2013 10:12 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
12459 posts
3566 upvotes
Gatineau

Has anyone received a Text from phone number 204-977-2262?

Yesterday evening, I received a very strange/odd/disturbing/unpleasant text from phone number 204-977-2262. At first I thought it was some sort of spam text/etc, but the text message (which I do not wish to share the contents of) contained personal information about me and my spouse and just some very unpleasant words about us.

I replied to the message asking who this person was? I then got an immediate automated text response that showed the following
Thanks for the message. Configure your number's SMS URL to change this message. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Msg&Data rates apply.
At this point, I was thinking crap, I am probably going to be charged for something, but then remembered that I only have a 0.05 balance on my PAY BEFORE account, so I continued with 2-3 more replies asking who the **** is this?

But I continued to get the same immediate automated text as shown above. I googled the 204 area code, and its a Manitoba area code.

I then Googled the entire 204-977-2262 number, and it comes from a city called Brandon in Manitoba (I do not know of anyone within the province of Manitoba). I then began seeing websites of other people who have received strange text messages from the above number.

----

This is now led me to believe that someone I know, who wants to cause some drama/trouble in my life, has decided to send me text messages without wanting to identify who they are. The original message contains information that only people who know me personally would have knowledge of.

There are probably 1-2 individuals that I know of that I suspect to be the sender of the original text message, but I obviously do not want to make any unfounded accusations. So my best plan right now is to figure out what website/app/service uses the 2049772262 phone number.

This is the reason why I have decide to post this here to seek your help on that. I can then continue my personal investigation into finding out who has sent that disturbing text.

Thanks,

djino
"So again, has anyone received a text from the above phone number? Does anyone know what provider/service/website/etc uses that phone number to send outgoing text messages from?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2003
2821 posts
217 upvotes
That number brought me to here. Hopefully that helps you figure out who it might be or could be someone who knows those 1-2 individuals. Good Luck
http://www.hotfrog.ca/Companies/House-Of-Philly-Pizza
:arrow: [url="merged-chrysler-dodge-jeep-questions-answers-897070/71/"[/u]Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat Incentives [/url]

Tung(Tom)Nguyen
E-mail: tung@kawarthachrysler.com
Cell: 705-772-8847
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
12459 posts
3566 upvotes
Gatineau
T-Man wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 1:36 pm
That number brought me to here. Hopefully that helps you figure out who it might be or could be someone who knows those 1-2 individuals. Good Luck
http://www.hotfrog.ca/Companies/House-Of-Philly-Pizza
Thanks,

Though the House of Philly Pizza is located in Washington DC (I do not know anyone there). The phone number on the actual website for Philly Pizza is 202-518-3300.

That hotfrog website you found appears to be listing their number incorrectly.

djino
Sep 12, 2011
405 posts
76 upvotes
Cambridge
Must be someone who knows you and is using an online anonymous testing service.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
12459 posts
3566 upvotes
Gatineau
johnvan wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 2:04 pm
Yup, this is what I have suspected. But what I am after is name of this anonymous testing service. I am hoping that someone who has used such sms application/testing service could tell me since we know the phone number being used by it.

djino
Sep 12, 2011
405 posts
76 upvotes
Cambridge

I sent myself some texts from a couple of these. I'll post if something matches. It's totally anonymous though so wouldn't get you any closer to finding out who it is.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
12459 posts
3566 upvotes
Gatineau
johnvan wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 2:08 pm

I sent myself some texts from a couple of these. I'll post if something matches.
Thanks!
Sep 8, 2007
135 posts
Yup Johnvan has a point. I've sent numerous text messages from online websites as I never used to have texting on my phone. It would always show up as a random number. But, when I did, I used to leave my name at the bottom. Clearly, someones playing a prank on you.
× < >