Shopping Discussion

Has anyone successfully ordered from Sony.com before and picked up at forward service

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2010 8:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50170 posts
15097 upvotes

Has anyone successfully ordered from Sony.com before and picked up at forward service

Hi everyone,

Any recommendations on US shipping address services / forwarding service in the Buffalo area if I was considering purchasing from Sony.com? Also, will sony.com accept Canadian credit cards (and Canadian billing info)?

If not, how do I go about ordering from Sony.com and picking it up at one of the US shipping address services?

Thanks.
So many haters and naysayers here. It's almost as if the EV fans are not really EV fans for the sake of saving the planet, but rather just Tesla fans - Ted Schmitt (insideevs)
2 replies
May 5, 2007
881 posts
140 upvotes
Once you know the American address you're going to use, phone up the bank that issued your credit card and tell them you want to add a secondary address. Voila, you can thereafter use your Canadian CC for US purchases.

Should would just fine for sony.com.

Can't help you too much with a reference for a forwarder/receiver in Buffalo, except to say that if all else fails, The UPS Store will accept packages for you, but they are a little pricey if memory serves. Don't hold me to this, but they may also only hold your package for 2 weeks. If you do end up using them, be sure to confirm all of this when you call them. Don't trust me.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50170 posts
15097 upvotes
MikeyMadness wrote:
Jul 20th, 2010 1:11 am
Once you know the American address you're going to use, phone up the bank that issued your credit card and tell them you want to add a secondary address. Voila, you can thereafter use your Canadian CC for US purchases.

Should would just fine for sony.com.

Can't help you too much with a reference for a forwarder/receiver in Buffalo, except to say that if all else fails, The UPS Store will accept packages for you, but they are a little pricey if memory serves. Don't hold me to this, but they may also only hold your package for 2 weeks. If you do end up using them, be sure to confirm all of this when you call them. Don't trust me.
Thanks for the tip Mikey about adding a secondary address with my credit card issuer.

I think I will contact this package receiving company as some RFD have recommended it:

http://www.cbiusa.com/
So many haters and naysayers here. It's almost as if the EV fans are not really EV fans for the sake of saving the planet, but rather just Tesla fans - Ted Schmitt (insideevs)