beerbaron105 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2006 5:12 pm
RPAT*

and im pretty sure its a year wait...
yep 1 year wait

From the RCMP website:
Question: When can I rewrite the RPAB?

Answer:
You must wait at least a year between writings of the RPAB. The reason for this is that writing the RPAT test two times too close to each other leads to potentially invalid results. An adequate amount of time (i.e., 1 year) must go by to ensure valid results. You will be signing a security form indicating that you have not written the RPAB (nor the Telecom Operator Aptitude Test (TOAT)) in the last year. Writing the
RPAB early and signing this security form is viewed as indicative of an integrity problem, and will be pursued as such.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3055 posts
31 upvotes
beerbaron105 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2006 5:09 pm
thanks

and i cant stress go with opp more!!! they told me in 2-3 weeks id get my certificate, well i had my bpad on wednesday, they told me i passed on thursday, and i received my certificate today!! (friday) which means ill be applying to TPS on monday morning!!!

and they dont pressure you at all, you might be intimidated by fellow testers coming in with a suit/tie but thats because they are applying to OPP, i just wore a polo and jeans, no worries.

They include an OPP constable application with my certifcate, but im not going to need it, my tps one is already filled out!
Nice! Guess I'll be going to OPP for the testing for sure! What's the sequence for the testing? It is PREP & PATI on the same day -- with the PATI being first? And the BPAD & WCT 3 weeks later (same as ATS)? I have a friend who lives in Orillia, so I can spend the night there -- no problems. Also, is it advisable to 'split/share' the policeprep.com id/password with a friend, and split the cost, or is it like a personalized testing thing? I will (most probably) be in the August OPC class since I'm applying after school in April to TPS and York .... I'll take either one!
My Heatware: 100% positive
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2498 posts
37 upvotes
Milton
tigger03 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2006 3:53 am
Nice! Guess I'll be going to OPP for the testing for sure! What's the sequence for the testing? It is PREP & PATI on the same day -- with the PATI being first? And the BPAD & WCT 3 weeks later (same as ATS)? I have a friend who lives in Orillia, so I can spend the night there -- no problems. Also, is it advisable to 'split/share' the policeprep.com id/password with a friend, and split the cost, or is it like a personalized testing thing? I will (most probably) be in the August OPC class since I'm applying after school in April to TPS and York .... I'll take either one!
go ahead and split it! its not personalized by any means, as long as u both have the username/pass u can both use it whenenver even at the same time.

its wct/pati - find out you pass, if you pass move onto prep (u can still do prep if u fail, but u have to wait 6 mths to retake a test anyways...so the prep would expire either way)

then about 2-3 weeks later its the bpads/vision/hearing
Your source for training, nutrition, supplement advice!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3055 posts
31 upvotes
beerbaron105 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2006 8:06 am
go ahead and split it! its not personalized by any means, as long as u both have the username/pass u can both use it whenenver even at the same time.

its wct/pati - find out you pass, if you pass move onto prep (u can still do prep if u fail, but u have to wait 6 mths to retake a test anyways...so the prep would expire either way)

then about 2-3 weeks later its the bpads/vision/hearing
Awesome! Thx! I'd rather invest $100 and get the extra help. Keep us posted on how things go with TPS! :razz:
My Heatware: 100% positive
May 6, 2009
1 posts
Yellowknife
The thing about RCMP, is you are devoting yourself to your country, much like the military. Which means you go where they want you to. The reason I've signed up? It is something I've wanted to do, but after losing a few officers here in the NWT, People wonder how they could help. Some people by hosting hockey tourneys, some people by setting up donation accounts for the widow and children, For me, It's to sign up. So I AM doing something, and I will do what it takes.
May 19, 2009
1 posts
Winnipeg
My boyfriend is going for his RPAT test this coming Saturday and he seems really nervous. He really wants this badly. He is in great physical and mental shape. He is 27 years old, and has been supporting himself and working full time since he was 18 but he doesn't have any college/university experience. Would that be a problem.

If you anyone has any helpful hints, as in with memorization for the examination, please let me know.

Thank you, and anyone else wanting to be a RCMP..... good luck. It sounds like an amazing career and thank you!
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
2033 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
RPAT is much more difficult than the written test to get the Certificate of Result to apply to police services in Ontario. I only scored 3.69/5
The passing requirement is 3.20

The RPAT tests you on I think, 9 different areas? I forgot, there is a breakdown when you get ur score back. I think there is info on rcmp website regarding it.

Education obviously helps. They look positively at people who value continuous learning. However, it's not everything. Your boyfriend should have experience dealing with conflict, leadership experience, and involvement with community. The questions they ask during the interviews focus around those areas, among others.

A lot of information regarding policing career is found on www.blueline.ca
Jul 19, 2003
731 posts
4 upvotes
Hey everyone

I just found this thread and coincidentally I wrote the RPAT last night.

It was fair and what you would expect. There are a few help guides online that proved useful. The only tid bit of advise is to watch the clock and make sure you have enough time.

Best of luck
don't forget to neuter your pet
× < >