Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2017 1:04 am
Tags:
None
Jan 20, 2016
5 posts
Long time lurker here. Anyone receive any updates from ISED regarding the EC-02 analyst streams? I did a phone interview a couple of weeks back, but no word so far on any movement.
Mar 7, 2011
6 posts
BubblesCat wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 2:17 pm
I applied for the supply officer position but haven't heard anything Disappointed Face. I scored in the 83rd percentile on the PSEE and put that I wanted to work in Ottawa and intermediate french language skills.
Got the e-mail yesterday that I'm moving on to the next step. Anyone have any suggestions for study material for the WCPT-351 test and to improve (refresh) my french language skills? I'm in the Ottawa area.
Jun 21, 2016
99 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal area!
I'm in ongoing process' for 3 candidacy pool right now, and the best advice I can give is to just try and not think about it. Weeks pass, then an exam. Weeks pass, then an interview. Weeks pass then a request for documents. Weeks pass then something else. It's eternal.

I went through the same thing over the summer for 1 pool, and I was congratulated on now being in the candidate pool but it didn't result in a job.

So now I'm joining 3 more, in hopes that one works out.

(Montreal area, entry-level administrative and clerk jobs).
Dec 2, 2014
573 posts
188 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
sandinista445 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 2:06 am
That wasn't my question. In the application it asks for degrees attained. I was wondering if being honest was going to hurt my chances. If they don't care about this information, then why ask in the application?
First sentence, middle paragraph: "Unless it is an essential or asset criteria, in which case that level of study is minimally required/deemed valuable directly relating to the role needing to be filled"

No, it will not hurt your chances. In fact, leaving it out is more likely to hurt your chances than putting it in. In your application you always put in any information you are asked for. HR when hiring does not care about the petty struggles of ego relating to education that some posters here apparently have experienced in the Public Service. They want to tick off their boxes for essentials and assets. If they ask you to list your degrees, list them all. They relate to some sort of criteria that is being assessed.
Oct 16, 2015
144 posts
13 upvotes
If a position only requires a master level of education, a candidate with a master degree only has a better chance to get the job than a candidate with a master and a PhD. Seldom see the jobs require PhD in public service anyway. Some departments/agencies do hire PhDs, such as Bank Canada. And sometimes PhD only. HR who just tick off the boxes do not give a shit if you have a PhD or not. You are just a number. But the hiring managers will react very differently to your PhD. Sometimes very negative. Just base on my experience.
Mar 12, 2017
16 posts
2 upvotes
bread20 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 11:34 am
Long time lurker here. Anyone receive any updates from ISED regarding the EC-02 analyst streams? I did a phone interview a couple of weeks back, but no word so far on any movement.
Hey! I am also waiting to hear from the ISED EC-02 analyst process...however I did a written exam a couple weeks back, not an interview. About 2.5 weeks ago. I did hear from a friend sometimes they do this in waves..?

Good luck, either way and let me know when you hear!
Oct 21, 2016
109 posts
23 upvotes
awagliner wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 12:07 pm
Hey! I am also waiting to hear from the ISED EC-02 analyst process...however I did a written exam a couple weeks back, not an interview. About 2.5 weeks ago. I did hear from a friend sometimes they do this in waves..?

Good luck, either way and let me know when you hear!
Exactly in the same boat did the written test long ago.
Aug 20, 2016
22 posts
3 upvotes
Electric Light BulbQuestion for those in the 2015 IRCC FS-01 recruitment who had interviews over the past two months... During my interview (early February) they outlined the next steps: interviews until end of March, reference checks in April, conditional offers in May with the FSDP starting in September. Has anyone heard any variations to this timeline as the interviews progressed?
Oct 21, 2016
109 posts
23 upvotes
Got an interview with ISED. Tbh I'm very skeptical about getting a job in the ec division as it seems like major preference is given to those with masters/french. Still holding out though!
Mar 30, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
Was this the initial interview for the EC-02 recruitment campaign? I had an initial interview with them a few weeks ago, and they said they would be wrapping up that process by the end of the month.
Darkhorse259 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 5:59 pm
Got an interview with ISED. Tbh I'm very skeptical about getting a job in the ec division as it seems like major preference is given to those with masters/french. Still holding out though!
Apr 2, 2017
1 posts
Hey guys, any tips for the online EC-02-04 assessment? Is the Econ portion just, like, general econ and stuff? The quantitative methods, similar to the PSEE?

I just got an email inviting me for an online written exam today. I was totally surprised (and excited) because I wasn't expecting it since I'm part of the second wave (bachelor's degree).
Feb 14, 2015
15 posts
2 upvotes
York, ON
hey lukepimco and bread20! Just wanted to chime in to say that I did my ISED interview the last day of February. My references still haven't been contacted (they would be before the pool is made) so I don't know if I passed. But maybe they do reference checks in a wave after a group of interviews are concluded, who knows?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5004 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
I looked a lot of this thread (can't go through it all). Is there any info on what kind of Q being asked for SJT and how to prepare for it?

I only found this link in back pages: https://www.fibonicci.com/logical-reaso ... test/hard/
For Sale:
    Canon C100 + Canon 70-200 f2.8 + ...
Looking for: Sony Camera for video (for a good price)