Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2017 4:11 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 30, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
Anyone heard anything from the Agriculture and Agri-food or ISED EC campaigns?
Apr 19, 2017
1 posts
I was given a conditional offer for an EC-02 position, however they are telling me that someone is on the priority list. Does this mean my offer is 100% going to get revoked?
Apr 19, 2017
3 posts
Haven't heard back from the AAFC EC competition yet. Last contact was a phone interview back on April 6.
Apr 19, 2017
3 posts
VacantSpace wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 6:09 pm
I was given a conditional offer for an EC-02 position, however they are telling me that someone is on the priority list. Does this mean my offer is 100% going to get revoked?
If you don't mind me asking, which competition was this offer in regards to?
Mar 1, 2017
4 posts
lukepicmo wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:36 am
Anyone heard anything from the Agriculture and Agri-food or ISED EC campaigns?
When was the last time you heard from them?
Mar 30, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
MaryAnn212 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:30 pm
When was the last time you heard from them?
I interviewed for the ISED - EC-02 campaign on February 28th. The estimate they had given me for wrapping up interviews was the end of March.
As for AAFC, I was tested on March 28th, but have yet to hear back from them. Interesting that @leeeegs interviewed so soon after that testing period. Do they do this in waves?
Mar 28, 2017
1 posts
I am wondering whether anyone has received any updates for the positions at GAC or IRCC offered through the 2016 PSR campaign. The last update I received was in January when they told me my mark for the in-person PSEE. I've been following this forum for a while and it seems that the process can take a while (interviews wrapping up in late Feb 2017 for the 2015 campaign). Has anyone heard back (either good news or bad news)?
Aug 20, 2016
22 posts
3 upvotes
I was in 2015 GAC and still am in process for 2015 IRCC, and I also applied for 2016 GAC with the same test results. No updates from IRCC since interview (although they did tell us that the decisions wouldn't be made until May 2017), and nothing from 2016 GAC.

As a frame of reference, the first peep I heard from 2015 GAC was the invitation for the intercultural test (IAA) in July 2016.
Aug 20, 2016
22 posts
3 upvotes
IMO this is a positive step towards reducing ethnic bias (the Bloc Québécois actually began promoting a similar regime in 2011 for gender bias)

One challenge with ethnic bias is that sometimes other things indicated in a CV, can indirectly identify ones ethnicity, notably languages spoken, location of schools attended, community groups etc.

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/opinio ... femmes.php
Last edited by HabsFan514 on Apr 22nd, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2011
4 posts
Has anyone heard about the physical sciences officer or the careers in engineering & technology streams?
Apr 23, 2017
1 posts
I'm actually writing the MMSE next week, so if you still have that information available, I would greatly appreciate getting any notes and help you can provide!!
Jan 20, 2016
5 posts
For everyone asking about ISED, I just got an email this afternoon confirming that I've been put in a partially qualified pool for stream 2 (Master's) - the pool is apparently good for a year.
Mar 30, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
bread20 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 5:56 pm
For everyone asking about ISED, I just got an email this afternoon confirming that I've been put in a partially qualified pool for stream 2 (Master's) - the pool is apparently good for a year.
Hi @bread20 ,
Congrats! I just got the same email and was coming to ask some questions. Firstly, what does 'partially qualified' refer to?
Second, am I now able to be pulled from the pool by agencies within ISED (ie. WD or FedDev Ontario)?
Thanks for the help.
Jan 20, 2016
5 posts
lukepicmo wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 6:00 pm
Hi @bread20 ,
Congrats! I just got the same email and was coming to ask some questions. Firstly, what does 'partially qualified' refer to?
Second, am I now able to be pulled from the pool by agencies within ISED (ie. WD or FedDev Ontario)?
Thanks for the help.
Congrats!! I think it means that there will probably be another interview with a hiring manager or some other screening is still required. Considering the PSR ad indicated several locations (not just NCR), I would assume that you can be pulled by the regional offices as well.