Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 9:43 am
Tags:
None
Aug 9, 2005
730 posts
255 upvotes
OscarWilde38 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 9:57 am
They make everyone do the online one every year because they pilot new questions on that test. You're just a guinea pig helping them keep the test fresh.
Not sure if anyone can give a definitive answer, but do the (re-used) 371 scores supersede our current 370 scores?
In other words, would it be the case that no matter how bad we do on the yearly 370, as long as we pass, would our application be based solely on our 371 score (and essentially disregard the 370)?
It would seem that would make sense given the testing conditions of the 371.
I don't downvote. Why? Karma.
Aug 8, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Yeah...I have completed UIT 370 subtest 1 but hyperlink of subtest 2 test of judgement shows that not required .....What about you?
Aug 8, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
hallieliu wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 8:10 am
just received the invitation to write the UIT PSEE 370 a couple of minutes ago.
Hey,
Completed UIT 370 sub test 1 but Sub test 2 test of judgement 's hyperlink shows that it is not required.....Is that same for u?
Aug 8, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
I think I did well in uit 370 Sub test 1......but not able to attain sub test 2 test of judgement becoz hyperlink shows that It is not required.....Any one here who can help me ? ....It means I failed sub test 1 reasoning ? So Sub test 2 not required? or what?
Dec 2, 2014
595 posts
202 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
dokechi wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 6:37 am
Not sure if anyone can give a definitive answer, but do the (re-used) 371 scores supersede our current 370 scores?
In other words, would it be the case that no matter how bad we do on the yearly 370, as long as we pass, would our application be based solely on our 371 score (and essentially disregard the 370)?
It would seem that would make sense given the testing conditions of the 371.
You do not get a "score" for the unsupervised 370 per say. You never know how well you did. All you will know is if you passed or failed, based on where they set the cut-off. We are still not clear if the cut-off can vary depending on the process you applied for or not. Below is the scoring:

Sub-test 1: The minimum pass mark is 13/30 (10th percentile or better), which means applicants must place in the top 90% of a large group of previous test takers (normative sample).

Sub-test 2: The minimum pass mark is 3400/ 4000 (35th percentile or better), which means applicants must place in the top 65% of the normative sample.

At the hiring manager's discretion, the pass mark may be set as high as the 50th percentile for both sub-tests. In other words, to pass a sub-test, an applicant would have to place in the top 50% of the normative sample for the sub-test. This corresponds to a score of 21/30 for Sub-test 1 and 3461/4000 for Sub-test 2.

What is clear, is that a score above the 50th percentile is guaranteed to pass. Otherwise, the pass mark could be anywhere from 10th to 50th percentile for Sub-test 1 and 35th to 50th percentile for Sub-test 2.

So, to answer your question, yes, aside from needing to pass 370 annually, it is irrelevant how well you do beyond the pass mark on 370 every year since the score that matters is your score from 371.
brijeshpharm wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 7:30 am
I think I did well in uit 370 Sub test 1......but not able to attain sub test 2 test of judgement becoz hyperlink shows that It is not required.....Any one here who can help me ? ....It means I failed sub test 1 reasoning ? So Sub test 2 not required? or what?
It usually means you did not meet the cut-off for Sub-test 1, yes. I cannot recall anyone on here ever verifying that they were still invited to in-person testing after not getting the link to Sub-test 2.
Oct 29, 2017
2 posts
new to the thread
i got an invititation to write the UIT PSEE 370 (REGULATORY PROFESSIONALS)
CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ON HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS
Oct 29, 2017
2 posts
So I did my PSEE 370 online test today and it was rather difficult for me. When will I know if I passed it or not? And If I didn't pass it when can I do it again??
Oct 29, 2017
2 posts
OscarWilde38 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 10:30 am
You do not get a "score" for the unsupervised 370 per say. You never know how well you did. All you will know is if you passed or failed, based on where they set the cut-off. We are still not clear if the cut-off can vary depending on the process you applied for or not. Below is the scoring:

Sub-test 1: The minimum pass mark is 13/30 (10th percentile or better), which means applicants must place in the top 90% of a large group of previous test takers (normative sample).

Sub-test 2: The minimum pass mark is 3400/ 4000 (35th percentile or better), which means applicants must place in the top 65% of the normative sample.

At the hiring manager's discretion, the pass mark may be set as high as the 50th percentile for both sub-tests. In other words, to pass a sub-test, an applicant would have to place in the top 50% of the normative sample for the sub-test. This corresponds to a score of 21/30 for Sub-test 1 and 3461/4000 for Sub-test 2.

What is clear, is that a score above the 50th percentile is guaranteed to pass. Otherwise, the pass mark could be anywhere from 10th to 50th percentile for Sub-test 1 and 35th to 50th percentile for Sub-test 2.

So, to answer your question, yes, aside from needing to pass 370 annually, it is irrelevant how well you do beyond the pass mark on 370 every year since the score that matters is your score from 371.

It usually means you did not meet the cut-off for Sub-test 1, yes. I cannot recall anyone on here ever verifying that they were still invited to in-person testing after not getting the link to Sub-test 2.

So when I completed sub test 1 of reasoning, the second link to access test of judgement was not activated. Does this mean that I failed test 1? and if so when can I do it again in the future? how soon?
Oct 25, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
brijeshpharm wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 7:30 am
Hi Brijeshpharm,
I imagine you got the invitation to write the PSEE UIT 370 for Regulatory Professionals. Did you?
I got an invitation to write the PSEE UIT 370 for Regulatory Professionals. I completed it on the same day. After the Subtest 1, it prompted me to take the Subtest 2. So I did complete it a day later. Not sure what happened in your case.
Oct 29, 2017
1 posts
New on this forum. I'm wondering if any of you applied, assessed, found partially qualified and made it into inventory for #iwantasciencejob campaign. Got into the inventory myself but haven't heard back for 2 months now.
Aug 8, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
So It clearly mentions that I failed in TOR.....becoz our application were same for Regulatory Prof....I will try again next year...This thread is goldmine truly..Thank you everyone
Dec 2, 2014
595 posts
202 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Cyberj24 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 7:28 pm
So when I completed sub test 1 of reasoning, the second link to access test of judgement was not activated. Does this mean that I failed test 1? and if so when can I do it again in the future? how soon?
The next Post Secondary Recruitment process will be in a year. The PSEE (or one of the two subtests that are part of it individually) is a tool sometimes used by other job processes, so you may be invited to take the online one again if you apply for jobs in the future. But as far as the Post Secondary Recruitment positions you applied for that require it are concerned, you'd be screened out if you do not pass and that's the end of those processes for you. There's no proactive way to take the test on it's own, it has to be associated with a job you applied for. The online version has no re-test wait period so in theory you could take it whenever. The in-person version has a 180 day re-test period.
Oct 30, 2017
1 posts
Hello, everyone!
So where and when could we learn whether we passed or failed (both tests were taken)?
Thank you!
Oct 19, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
"Sub-test 1: Applicants must place in the top 90% (10th percentile or better) of a large group of previous test-takers (normative sample).

Sub-test 2: Applicants must place in the top 80% (20th percentile or better) of the normative sample."

is the standard for PSEE UIT 370.

"Sub-test 1: The minimum pass mark is 13/30 (10th percentile or better), which means applicants must place in the top 90% of a large group of previous test takers (normative sample).

Sub-test 2: The minimum pass mark is 3400/ 4000 (35th percentile or better), which means applicants must place in the top 65% of the normative sample."

is the standard for PSEE 371.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

testerA