Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 12:23 am
Tags:
None
Sep 21, 2015
3 posts
Markham, ON
Want to thank all of you for the all advice! It was extremely helpful.. especially for the TOJ. Does anyone know when/if we hear back regarding the supervised test?
Oct 13, 2014
224 posts
12 upvotes
QC
eastcoast91 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 9:14 am
But you didn't write the exam that a lot of people were invited to in July which tested adaptability, flexibility and ability to communicate in writing? Or did you lol there's so many exams it's hard to keep track of which ones people are talking about. Either way, congrats!
So,next week ,I am slated to TYPE the Written Communication Test for the 2016 competition.(The one that most people were invited to in July.I did not receive an invitation,just a letter stating that I did not respond to the invitation. They realized their mistake and a few of us are writing a make-up version) The invitation states it is necessary to have WORD so I assume we have to write something in the one hour time frame , attach it and send it before the 60min buzzer. This is not a good sign since I am a slow typer........give me ink and paper any day! I had thought this test was the WCPT (written communication proficiency test) but I guess I was wrong.(that one is multiple choice answers) So,is there any way to practice for this ? I am assuming we will be given a theme and then just wow them with our literary skills and our profound understanding? :rolleyes:
Last edited by fleurdamour on Nov 1st, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 13, 2014
224 posts
12 upvotes
QC
Cyellow wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 6:30 am
Well good for you!! But that means that it will probably take longer before the next step since you guys will have to take the first AND the second written exam if you pass the first. Well, a friend of mine talked to a friend of hers from the HR and said that the next step after that is the interviews. So, I guess some of us will have an invite in the early 2018.

Actually, I have to do the written exam next week at a specific hour using WORD . Is there anyway to prepare for this? Does this written communication test have a name-number? I once wrote the WCPT ( written communication proficiency test WCPT-351 ) but it was in person and multiple choice. Any pointers for this one? I am a slow typer so this will be a challenge for me.
Apr 25, 2017
57 posts
13 upvotes
fleurdamour wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 12:32 pm
So,next week ,I am slated to TYPE the Written Communication Test for the 2016 competition. The invitation states it is necessary to have WORD so I assume we have to write something in the one hour time frame , attach it and send it before the 60min buzzer. This is not a good sign since I am a slow typer........give me ink and paper any day! I had thought this test was the WCPT (written communication proficiency test) but I guess I was wrong.(that one is multiple choice answers) So,is there any way to practice for this ? I am assuming we will be given a theme and then just wow them with our literary skills and our profound understanding? :rolleyes:
There is no way to practice. When you receive the exam, just start writting your answer following what they asked you to do. I guess you will know kind of fast if you passed and then they<ll invite you to the second exam. What I can say is please check your email and your junk at the hour they say to be sure you won't miss it.
Oct 13, 2014
224 posts
12 upvotes
QC
cachapa wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 12:40 pm
Which competencies is the written test evaluating you on?
- Ability to communicate in writing?
- Adaptability and flexibility?
- Initiative and being action-oriented?

I wonder if this make-up test for the 2016 IRCC FS process will be equivalent to the first written test, the second written test, or a combination of both.
The following is what is stated in the letter:
· Adaptability and Flexibility
· Ability to communicate in writing

Nothing about initiative and action -oriented is mentioned in the invitation. I would think this exam would be equivalent to the first written test everyone else wrote last week.
May 8, 2015
2 posts
you can get the Reading/Comprehension at the public service commission library. Questions including their answers are provided in these voluminous documents. Most of the questions on the tests for second language evaluation are in those documents. There are several documents such as Writing etc
good luck!
Apr 25, 2017
57 posts
13 upvotes
GinetteG184 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 12:56 pm
you can get the Reading/Comprehension at the public service commission library. Questions including their answers are provided in these voluminous documents. Most of the questions on the tests for second language evaluation are in those documents. There are several documents such as Writing etc
good luck!
This won't help for this exam.
Last edited by Cyellow on Nov 1st, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 7, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
fleurdamour wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 12:47 pm
· Adaptability and Flexibility
· Ability to communicate in writing

I would think this exam would be equivalent to the first written test everyone else wrote last week.
You mean the first written test back in July. The second written test in October was testing initiative and action-oriented.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2742 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
It was the first test in which I ever cheated by drinking a glass of lemon juice then a spoonful of sugar....
Oct 23, 2016
13 posts
3 upvotes
You do not receive your actual results/marks for the PSEE UIT 370.

If you passed the PSEE UIT 370 TOR, then you wrote the PSEE UIT 370 TOJ.
If you passed both, you will be invited to register for in-person testing (Supervised Test [PSEE 371]). I would assume invitations will go out in the next 1-2 weeks.
hehexd2015 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 4:10 pm
Has anyone gotten their PSEE 370 exams results? If so how did you check it?
Dec 2, 2014
596 posts
207 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
fleurdamour wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 12:32 pm
So,next week ,I am slated to TYPE the Written Communication Test for the 2016 competition.(The one that most people were invited to in July.I did not receive an invitation,just a letter stating that I did not respond to the invitation. They realized their mistake and a few of us are writing a make-up version) The invitation states it is necessary to have WORD so I assume we have to write something in the one hour time frame , attach it and send it before the 60min buzzer. This is not a good sign since I am a slow typer........give me ink and paper any day! I had thought this test was the WCPT (written communication proficiency test) but I guess I was wrong.(that one is multiple choice answers) So,is there any way to practice for this ? I am assuming we will be given a theme and then just wow them with our literary skills and our profound understanding? :rolleyes:
The WCPT cannot be written in an unsupervised environment.
Oct 13, 2014
224 posts
12 upvotes
QC
OscarWilde38 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:09 am
The WCPT cannot be written in an unsupervised environment.
I wrote(in person) the WCPT ,for another job offer,so this online one is obviously not the same but it does not seem to have a specific name-number
Oct 13, 2014
224 posts
12 upvotes
QC
OscarWilde38 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:32 pm

Without going into the exam's question, my approach was pretty logical and gave benefit of the doubt to people. Primarily you approach situations for that competency like this: you recognize a change, you analyze the impact that change is having (both good and bad), you consider your responsibilities, and then you determine if there are ways for you to adapt to that change or have that change adapt to you (or your team), providing flexible and effective options to make that happen.
Would it be reasonable to assume the exam question be remotely similar to the TOJ ? Could it be a scenario without the *answer* that needs to be graded ineffective......> effective? Our written response would be our reaction to said scenario? ......or is this totally out of the ballpark?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)