Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 4:10 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 5, 2017
8 posts
What does your application say between writing the TOJ and getting the invitation to write the 371 supervised test? Where will the invite appear in the account if it is sent?
Oct 25, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
As I remember, they will update the status of your PSEE 370 result on your online account.
Oct 13, 2014
224 posts
12 upvotes
QC
mzainw wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 3:58 pm
Do you remember how long you waited between writing the online TOJ and getting an invitation.
No,I really do not remember but it may have been weeks. I will just be using my old inperson scores so I will not have to actually go and rewrite .
Oct 25, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
anaonline wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 8:36 pm
I wrote both the online tests for the PSEE 370. So that means I passed the TOR, and hopefully the TOJ as well. If this is your case too, what does your account say? Mine just says your application has been retained (for EC at STC). Where will the invitation for the supervised PSEE 371 appear on the account if one is sent?
Same here. I guess the wording that says "your application has been retained" will show additional wording about the invitation for PSEE 371.
Oct 13, 2014
224 posts
12 upvotes
QC
Adaptability and Flexibility exam sent in for the 2016 competition. I am guessing the correction time will be short since there are not many of us( I hope) who had to write today.(due to an email glitch where we did not receive the original invitation ) Have some of you written the 2nd exam already? Or will we all write that one together?
Apr 25, 2017
57 posts
13 upvotes
fleurdamour wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 12:25 pm
Adaptability and Flexibility exam sent in for the 2016 competition. I am guessing the correction time will be short since there are not many of us( I hope) who had to write today.(due to an email glitch where we did not receive the original invitation ) Have some of you written the 2nd exam already? Or will we all write that one together?
We did it in october. so I guess you will know fast if you are invited to the second exam because they probably want to get over before christmas.
Sep 7, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
nzannat wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:15 am
Apart from researching ESDC's website, would you be able to recommend any other sources for getting ideas on socio-economic trends in Canada?
A few ideas:

- StatCan research papers, especially those related to ESDC's portfolio/mandate (search by subject)
- 2016 Census Reports
- The news, especially articles on demographic and employment trends in Canada
Last edited by cachapa on Nov 8th, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 7, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
rukialu wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 6:14 pm
A question regarding ESDC exam

I wonder if any statistical software packages will be used during that exam, as I did not install any software on my laptop expect the MS office suite. I am concerned if it is necessary to install one for data management. I have never done that exam in the past.
In my experience, the exam invitation clearly specifies the computer/software requirements for the exam. Even if all you need is MS Word, the exam invitation will usually state that explicitly. If you're really not sure, you could reply to the exam invitation and just ask?
Nov 8, 2017
3 posts
Hey guys did any of you received an invitation to write down the exam for Regulatory Professionals (SHC17J-017898-000120) ?
Oct 25, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
Seligha wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:15 pm
Hey guys did any of you received an invitation to write down the exam for Regulatory Professionals (SHC17J-017898-000120) ?
Not yet. I am also waiting for it.
Nov 10, 2017
2 posts
Has anyone got the invitation for PSEE 371?

Just wondering how long will it take to know ...

Thanks~~~ ^_^
Nov 4, 2017
3 posts
KAYYYYY wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 7:33 am

Thanks~~~ ^_^
!!! I am also impatiently waiting. Has ANYONE gotten news yet?? Please respond!
Sep 7, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
KAYYYYY wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 7:33 am

Thanks~~~ ^_^
mzaslavs wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 2:33 am
!!! I am also impatiently waiting. Has ANYONE gotten news yet?? Please respond!
In the last couple of years, those who passed the unsupervised PSEE 370 received an email invitation to the supervised PSEE 371 in the first half of November. It's possible they're running a little late this year.

Be patient. I'm sure someone in this forum will post when they receive an invitation.
Nov 7, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
I am waiting for the PSEE 371 as well. My job status has not changed it still says result included in inventory. Do you get a email to invite you for the last step?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

adreadia