Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 11:36 am
Tags:
None
Nov 13, 2017
1 posts
Regarding the PSEE 370, does anyone know where to find your specific score? (not just that you passed)
Apr 17, 2015
6 posts
Guelph, ON
Does anyone know if 'Comprehensive Guide for Public Service Entrance Exam' book is helpful for PSEE 371?
I got the invitation as well, but I think I got really lucky this time as I thought I messed up the unsupervised test :D
I just want to prepare this time, but don't know what to do. Based on the invitation, the test will be similar to the unsupervised one, but the online test was really hard for me lol...
Oct 25, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
User651624 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:20 pm
Regarding the PSEE 370, does anyone know where to find your specific score? (not just that you passed)
The score for PSEE 370 will not be released. You get to know whether you passed or not.
Nov 13, 2017
1 posts
I got an invite too. Just curious, the so many great test dates and locations available, does anyone know how many applicants are competing?
Oct 25, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
Nofacenoone wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:01 pm
I got an invite too. Just curious, the so many great test dates and locations available, does anyone know how many applicants are competing?
That's a million dollar question. Only the GC knows the answer.
Nov 7, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
So on the day of the exam they want the PSRS number is that simply the applicant number?

is there any way to prepare for the PSEE 371? In my city I only have november and early december.
Oct 25, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
captaincanuck9 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:31 pm
So on the day of the exam they want the PSRS number is that simply the applicant number?

is there any way to prepare for the PSEE 371? In my city I only have november and early december.
Yes, that is the applicant number that shows on your Public Service Resource System (PSRS) account. It is my first time. I am not quite sure about the preparation but there are some websites advertising about study material for 90 CAD.
Sep 7, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Is there a limit on how many times we can re-use previous years' PSEE 271 results?

I know they currently accept PSEE 371 test results from previous PSR campaigns in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Just wondering if anyone's aware of test results somehow "expiring" after a certain amount of time (provided the PSEE 371 test doesn't change).
Nov 5, 2017
8 posts
Yay I got an invite, so I guess I passed the TOJ. I'm going to book in Montreal, but, very unfortunately for me, since I'm not a morning person, the English tests are only scheduled at 8:30am (all the 13:00 tests are French only -is this correct)
Nov 5, 2017
8 posts
BTW I got the invite, but on my PSC job account only (no email was sent). When I logged in, I clicked on My Jobs Menu, and a Message comes up, inviting you to the supervised test (if I remember correctly)
Nov 7, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Do anyone know how strict they are regarding photo identification for the PSEE 371 exam? I don't have the require govenment photo id heath care or drive license yet. I have a citizenship card it be outdated but I guess it should be enough?
Nov 5, 2017
8 posts
I'd call to check with them before you go. Soon, in case you have to get something done before the test.
Nov 14, 2017
1 posts
Hi All, just wondering if any of you know about the hiring process for 'Regulatory Professional' position.
I know it's way too early to ask this as I haven't even gone through any interview process, but if I am fortunate enough and get to the final stage of the hiring process (i.e. criminal record screening step or something similar), what happens next? The job posting says Health Canada manages and handles all the hiring processes on behalf of bunch of Government Organizations.

Does that mean if I get to the final stage, they just put me into the inventory and contact me only if there is available position? Or does final stage give you a certain position (whether it's indeterminate or term)?
I have never worked or even applied for Public Sector jobs, so I am not too sure if the hiring process is very similar to private sectors or completely different.

Any helps would be much appreciated!
Dec 2, 2014
594 posts
202 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Nofacenoone wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:01 pm
Applicants from numerous competitions are required to take the PSEE. In total, thousands of applicants. The exact number that applied and are competing for any one specific job is a different story.
SarahM315542 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 10:20 am
Hi All, just wondering if any of you know about the hiring process for 'Regulatory Professional' position.
I know it's way too early to ask this as I haven't even gone through any interview process, but if I am fortunate enough and get to the final stage of the hiring process (i.e. criminal record screening step or something similar), what happens next? The job posting says Health Canada manages and handles all the hiring processes on behalf of bunch of Government Organizations.

Does that mean if I get to the final stage, they just put me into the inventory and contact me only if there is available position? Or does final stage give you a certain position (whether it's indeterminate or term)?
I have never worked or even applied for Public Sector jobs, so I am not too sure if the hiring process is very similar to private sectors or completely different.

Any helps would be much appreciated!
Probably will produce a qualified pool of candidates which departments can draw on if and when they have positions to offer.
Apr 17, 2009
33 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Hi,

Just looking for some advice. I have previously taken the PSEE 71 exam and got the following score:

Public Service Entrance Exam: 80th percentile
Sub-test 1: 65th percentile
Sub-test 2: 95th percentile

Should I retake it (worried about getting lower on the judgement)?

Thanks!