Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 12:12 am
Tags:
None
Nov 7, 2017
34 posts
1 upvote
User651624 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 10:55 pm
How did you do? I am thinking mine is too low also... but I guess we have no way of knowing
under the 50th percentile mark overall. The mark is up on the site but it still unofficial
Nov 13, 2017
7 posts
captaincanuck9 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:09 am
under the 50th percentile mark overall. The mark is up on the site but it still unofficial
Do you think 80th percentile is good enough for an interview etc?
Sep 21, 2015
8 posts
2 upvotes
Markham, ON
WhalesOnABus wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 11:42 pm
My score last year, 71st percentile, was good enough to get me to the interview stage.
what did you apply to?
Dec 3, 2017
2 posts
Great scores! Could you shine some light on how you answered the questions for the judgement test? What kind of things did you keep in mind to prioritise? I find it hard to rank from highly effective/effective/somewhat effective, even with the scoring criteria written out beside me. I chose "effective" when in doubt because I hoped it would give me an in-between scoring on the spectrum but I didn't end up with a good score on the test.
Dec 2, 2014
603 posts
211 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I have been invited to an individual interview for the 2016 IRCC FS process.

Honestly surprised this has moved so quickly. They may not be doing group interviews at all it seems as they want all the security etc. paperwork for this interview.
Dec 3, 2017
1 posts
OscarWilde38 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 2:46 pm

Honestly surprised this has moved so quickly. They may not be doing group interviews at all it seems as they want all the security etc. paperwork for this interview.
Has anyone else got an invite today? I did both the written tests for this competition, and have been silently following this forum for a while.

So far no interview invite for me :( I feel like they would generally send them all at once so I have a feeling I didn't make it to the interview stage, but here's hoping that's not the case!
Nov 7, 2017
34 posts
1 upvote
User651624 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:42 pm
Do you think 80th percentile is good enough for an interview etc?
yep it should be good enough for a interview. I not sure if the test result is the only factor in deciding whether or not you get a interview. Education and experience may also play a role.
Apr 19, 2016
11 posts
any ideas how to do this sequence? I could not solve these following
0.00, 0.00, 168, 0.296,0.206 _
89, 257, 151, -67, 26, _
Apr 19, 2016
11 posts
momoTO wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 7:12 pm
No idea how to do the first but the second one has no answer - it was made up as an example: has-anyone-taken-those-situational-test ... #p27811753
I am really bad at reasoning test, particularly those logic questions, and I do not quite understand Venn diagram and how it works....

Please do not laugh at me, but I really wonder if I needed to make a random guess, which letter grades should I picked that gives a better chance to "answer correctly" to those logic questions.....

Thanks for kind advice
Sep 21, 2015
8 posts
2 upvotes
Markham, ON
rukialu wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:00 pm
I am really bad at reasoning test, particularly those logic questions, and I do not quite understand Venn diagram and how it works....

Please do not laugh at me, but I really wonder if I needed to make a random guess, which letter grades should I picked that gives a better chance to "answer correctly" to those logic questions.....

Thanks for kind advice
Oh no, definitely not. It's a difficult test and takes some practice. Are you talking about the "flub is colder than a swap" type questions? As far as the number series ones, there are typically a few patterns and once you practice a bit you'll be able to solve those with no problem. Check out page 799 - JMoreno posted some practice number series' that are really helpful.
Dec 2, 2010
415 posts
102 upvotes
Prairies
OscarWilde38 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 2:46 pm

I can't remember, did they contact you about availability first or was this the first contact since you did the writing test? Funny, that no one else has popped on to say they were invited. Usually, you see a flurry of posts when invites go out. Just a guess, but maybe because you're in Ottawa you're part of an early group with more invites to follow once other locations are confirmed. But that would only make sense if you got the availability question first.

I went back and dug up my old email invites to the IRCC interviews (the two times I interviewed). They did ask for the security paperwork, degree, etc., but also outlined the group & individual interview format and the competencies that would be assessed. If that didn't come, perhaps they're trying something different this year. Though, on the other hand, that could be a kind of a "save-the-date" email with more details to follow. After sticking with that same format for so many years, I'd be surprised if they changed.

Either way, good luck!
Mar 12, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
Hey all - any updates for the PSR campaign?

I was interviewed two weeks ago for PARDP with NRCan and finished a take-home test with TBS for their policy and program analyst position this past week. I also was just contacted for an APAP interview coming up in January (interviewed with them last year but didn't manage to pass the interview that time around!)

Anyone hear from Agriculture on their development program?

I'm also thinking of applying for PORP with DND - anyone ever get into that program? Competition seems fierce. I didn't pass the essay portion last year.

Thanks! Best of luck to everyone!
Mar 12, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
Void93 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 6:37 pm
So I applied to a post secondary recruitment stream in October of this year. When are invitations usually sent out for exams? Or are they already over? Never done this before. Thanks!
Hey - I also applied to four of the positions in the PSR campaign. I heard back from three of the applications so far (PARDP, APAP and the program/policy analyst postilion with TBS). Still waiting to hear from Agriculture.

Have you heard anything since you last posted?
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
danniejean wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:51 pm
Has anyone else got an invite today? I did both the written tests for this competition, and have been silently following this forum for a while.

So far no interview invite for me :( I feel like they would generally send them all at once so I have a feeling I didn't make it to the interview stage, but here's hoping that's not the case!
In the same situation here.

But I am really surprised. It seems even too soon to be real honestly. The just did the first written exam for the ones who had an email problem. No news that they had done the second exam yet. So, I was not thinking they were gonna send out invite for interview before everybody woud be done with the exams.

And I don't think that the fact that somebody is already in Ottawa has something to do with that. Because they haven't asked anybody where we would be. Maybe I would be available soon in Ottawa even though I am not from there. There is no way to know without asking.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)