Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 12:34 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 25, 2017
118 posts
28 upvotes
Cyellow wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 10:03 am
Just to make it easier to follow again. Here is the list of people that had done the first exam in july. Now I'll update to see who have been invited to the second written exam by IRCC in October.

Cyellow -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
eascoast91 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
SRees23 -->Black Question Mark Ornament
rpw_1 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
VentiMochaTRex -->Black Question Mark Ornament
Hallieliu -->Black Question Mark Ornament
Cherylin -->Black Question Mark Ornament
SW34ZY -->Black Question Mark Ornament
Jocampi -->Black Question Mark Ornament
drfeelgood -->Black Question Mark Ornament
chipy66 -->Black Question Mark Ornament
Ramsees -->Black Question Mark Ornament
cocolita -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
sonder -->Black Question Mark Ornament
S637460 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
AngelaBauer -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
OscarWilde38 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
sordili -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
publicmanservant -->Disappointed But Relieved Face
fleurdamour -->Black Question Mark Ornament
MC6003 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
danniejean -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
cachapa -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
JamieS273635 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
purpleBC -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
LiterallyBatman -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Poka123 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Scrummer2 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Tombtime -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
NicCouv -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
StephanieR088331 --> Smiling Face With Open Mouth
2871279 --> Smiling Face With Open Mouth
KAS12345 --> Smiling Face With Open Mouth
These are the ones who did the two Written exams and the ones who got an invite for an Individual Interview for the IRCC 2016 process.

Cyellow --> Received it on Dec 6th, first planned on Dec 19th in Montreal but then new invite received on Jan 4th for an interview on Feb 1st in Toronto (oversea)
eascoast91 -->*No invite yet*
rpw_1 -->*No invite yet*
cocolita -->*No invite yet*
S637460 --> Received it on Dec 4th, scheduled one week later in Ottawa
AngelaBauer -->*No invite yet*
OscarWilde38 --> Received it on Dec 4th, scheduled one week later in Ottawa
sordili -->*No invite yet*
MC6003 -->*Was not invited for an interview* Received a rejection email on Feb 13th
danniejean --> *No invite yet*
cachapa --> *Was not invited for an interview* Received a rejection email on Feb 13th
JamieS273635 --> Received it on Dec 15th, scheduled on Feb 1st
purpleBC --> *No invite yet*
LiterallyBatman --> Received it on Dec 15th, for Halifax, but then received new invite on Dec 20th, scheduled on Jan 23rd in Ottawa
Poka123 --> Received it on Dec 15th, scheduled on Jan 17th in Vancouver
Scrummer2 --> Received it on Dec 16th, scheduled on Jan 29th in Toronto
Tombtime --> Received it on Dec 16th, scheduled for Toronto, will have to travel so might not go (oversea)
NicCouv --> Recevied it on Jan 4th, scheduled on Jan 30th in Toronto (Oversea)
StephanieR088331 --> Scheduled on Jan 24th in Ottawa
2871279 --> Received it on Dec 6th, scheduled on Dec 19th in Montreal
KAS12345 --> Got an interview but didn't say where
pk1617 --> Scheduled on Dec 15th in Ottawa
Last edited by Cyellow on Dec 6th, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Nov 7, 2017
57 posts
3 upvotes
Waitingfor1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:24 am
Hello everyone.

I recently did the PSEE 371 test and wasn't very happy with my results. Is it possible to retake the test or rewrite it or do I have to wait until the next PSR period?
you have to rewrite it the next PSR period. i believe result will not count and restart from that day. There a 180 period of waiting

i dont like my result either but there not much you can do about it.
Mar 12, 2017
42 posts
6 upvotes
lyra19 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:32 pm
Did my supervised test last week too and it only took a couple of days to get back with results. I did pretty well without studying at all, save thinking through questions i found difficult on the online exam, but actually found this exam to be a lot more straightforward -- all the number series took me just a couple of seconds to figure out. I scored:

Sub-test 1: 28 / 30 (89th percentile)
Sub-test 2: 3727 / 4000 (95th percentile)

I had seen advice on this forum which I decided to follow and worked out well for me. 1. It's more effective to work things out quietly between colleagues before going to superiors and 2. Inflammatory responses are not effective. For example, firing a rude coworker might help resolve the problem because now they're gone, but think about other implications it might have e.g. effects on workplace environment or inappropriate use of power. Also someone suggested to stay away from 'highly (in)effective', which I did do as well -- I only chose those answers for 2 of the questions.

I'm wondering if I should wait weeks or months to hear back about interviews? I applied as an analyst with Stats Can and to the Advanced Policy Analyst Program. Thanks for everyone's support in here!
Hey - great scores! Just wanted to let you know that I applied for APAP as well and heard back on December 4th about an interview in January sometime. Maybe they're emailing people this week?
Apr 25, 2017
118 posts
28 upvotes
awagliner wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:54 pm
Hey - great scores! Just wanted to let you know that I applied for APAP as well and heard back on December 4th about an interview in January sometime. Maybe they're emailing people this week?
What is APAP? You received an invite for an interview for APAP? or for IRCC 2016?
Mar 12, 2017
42 posts
6 upvotes
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:55 pm
What is APAP? You received an invite for an interview for APAP? or for IRCC 2016?
APAP is Advanced Policy Analyst Programme that is running for this year (not IRCC 2016). Sorry for the lack of clarification earlier! :)
Apr 25, 2017
118 posts
28 upvotes
UPDATE

Just received an invite me too!!!!!! for IRCC 2016
Mar 12, 2017
42 posts
6 upvotes
Lentinus wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 1:34 pm
Hi,

Has anyone experience with the Policy Analyst Recruitment and Development Program (PARDP) interview? I have an interview this week for PARDP. Any help in preparing for the interview will be appreciated.

Thanks
Hey there! I also had an interview - have you heard anything from them?
Oct 4, 2015
33 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:00 pm
UPDATE

Congrats as well! Also next week?
Apr 25, 2017
118 posts
28 upvotes
eastcoast91 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:29 pm
Congrats as well! Also next week?
It is set for the 19th in Montreal. But I am asking to see if there is possibility for a video conference since it is individual interview since I might not be able to flight back to Canada.
Sep 7, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
Congrats everyone who made it to the IRCC 2016 interview!
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:17 pm
It is set for the 19th in Montreal. But I am asking to see if there is possibility for a video conference since it is individual interview since I might not be able to flight back to Canada.
Just curious, did your original application to the 2016 IRCC PSR campaign state Montreal as your current address, or did you state you were living abroad and were randomly assigned Montreal as an interview location?
Apr 25, 2017
118 posts
28 upvotes
cachapa wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:52 pm
Congrats everyone who made it to the IRCC 2016 interview!

Just curious, did your original application to the 2016 IRCC PSR campaign state Montreal as your current address, or did you state you were living abroad and were randomly assigned Montreal as an interview location?
Well, my original application doesn't state Montreal nor Abroad but a different place. But in the process I changed my adress in my file for abroad and I even emailed them to be sure they had the information. So I assume that they randomly assigned me there.
Sep 7, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:20 am
Well, my original application doesn't state Montreal nor Abroad but a different place. But in the process I changed my adress in my file for abroad and I even emailed them to be sure they had the information. So I assume that they randomly assigned me there.
Oh, wow. I haven't received an interview invitation, but if I do I would likely be in a similar situation as you.
Keep us posted if they let you interview via phone or video conference!
Jul 27, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:00 pm
UPDATE

Congrats! Does that mean you received your invite a day after the others, or you simply hadn't seen it in your emails? I wonder if they are slowly working through a list. No invite for me so far, though I'm not holding my breath.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1146 posts
416 upvotes
OTTAWA
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:17 pm
Are you near a Canadian Embassy? I know they let people do written exams sometimes at an Embassy not sure if they would agree to a video conference at the same. Almost certain they won't let you use skype etc.
Apr 25, 2017
118 posts
28 upvotes
cocolita wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:30 am
Congrats! Does that mean you received your invite a day after the others, or you simply hadn't seen it in your emails? I wonder if they are slowly working through a list. No invite for me so far, though I'm not holding my breath.
I received an invite 2 days after the two others. I actually thought it was dead tobe honest. But I understand that I don't have the same location then them fir the interview and mine is later. So maybe they are going by the location. Hope us not dead for you guys!

fogetmylogin wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:37 am
Are you near a Canadian Embassy? I know they let people do written exams sometimes at an Embassy not sure if they would agree to a video conference at the same. Almost certain they won't let you use skype etc.
Yep just 10 mins from one. I have done exams there already in that process. Plus, I had this morning the confirmation that I won't be able to travel. Because my doctor doesn't let me. So now that I have a medical reason, it might be easier to get the interview by videoconference at the embassy since anyway it is an individual interview.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)