Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 12:12 am
Tags:
None
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
eastcoast91 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:59 pm
Cyellow, you were one of the people who wrote the first test after the majority, right? Did you (or anyone) write the second test after? It seems strange that they would move forward with the competition when people are still at different parts of the process, but maybe they have a new way of doing things.
No I did the first and the second in the same time then you. It is fleurdamour that wrote the First test in the fir week of november which was around 3 weeks ago. To me it does feel strange that they move so fast like that with interviews. For sure they didn't have the time within 3 weeks to correct these exams, invite people for the second test, have the second test and correct them. All of this in 3 weeks? Unless the technical problem was only for 2-3 people.
Last edited by Cyellow on Dec 6th, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
Cyellow wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 10:03 am
Just to make it easier to follow again. Here is the list of people that had done the first exam. Now I'll update to see who have been invited to the second written exam by IRCC.

Cyellow -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
eascoast91 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
SRees23 -->Black Question Mark Ornament
rpw_1 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
VentiMochaTRex -->Black Question Mark Ornament
Hallieliu -->Black Question Mark Ornament
Cherylin -->Black Question Mark Ornament
SW34ZY -->Black Question Mark Ornament
Jocampi -->Black Question Mark Ornament
drfeelgood -->Black Question Mark Ornament
chipy66 -->Black Question Mark Ornament
Ramsees -->Black Question Mark Ornament
cocolita -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
sonder -->Black Question Mark Ornament
S637460 --> Smiling Face With Open Mouth
AngelaBauer -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
OscarWilde38 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
sordili -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
publicmanservant -->Confused Face
MC6003 --> Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Note* first week of november fleurdamour was invited to the First written exam due to technical problems that occured in july. We yet didn't hear anything about the Second written exam for the people who had these technical problems.

These are the ones who got an invite on the 4th of december for an Individual Interview that is schedule for next week in Ottawa.

Cyellow --> *No invite yet*
eascoast91 -->*No invite yet*
rpw_1 -->*No invite yet*
cocolita -->*No invite yet*
S637460 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
AngelaBauer -->*No invite yet*
OscarWilde38 -->Smiling Face With Open Mouth
sordili -->*No invite yet*
MC6003 --> *No invite yet*
Nov 7, 2017
34 posts
1 upvote
Waitingfor1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:24 am
Hello everyone.

I recently did the PSEE 371 test and wasn't very happy with my results. Is it possible to retake the test or rewrite it or do I have to wait until the next PSR period?
you have to rewrite it the next PSR period. i believe result will not count and restart from that day. There a 180 period of waiting

i dont like my result either but there not much you can do about it.
Mar 12, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
lyra19 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:32 pm
Did my supervised test last week too and it only took a couple of days to get back with results. I did pretty well without studying at all, save thinking through questions i found difficult on the online exam, but actually found this exam to be a lot more straightforward -- all the number series took me just a couple of seconds to figure out. I scored:

Sub-test 1: 28 / 30 (89th percentile)
Sub-test 2: 3727 / 4000 (95th percentile)

I had seen advice on this forum which I decided to follow and worked out well for me. 1. It's more effective to work things out quietly between colleagues before going to superiors and 2. Inflammatory responses are not effective. For example, firing a rude coworker might help resolve the problem because now they're gone, but think about other implications it might have e.g. effects on workplace environment or inappropriate use of power. Also someone suggested to stay away from 'highly (in)effective', which I did do as well -- I only chose those answers for 2 of the questions.

I'm wondering if I should wait weeks or months to hear back about interviews? I applied as an analyst with Stats Can and to the Advanced Policy Analyst Program. Thanks for everyone's support in here!
Hey - great scores! Just wanted to let you know that I applied for APAP as well and heard back on December 4th about an interview in January sometime. Maybe they're emailing people this week?
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
awagliner wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:54 pm
Hey - great scores! Just wanted to let you know that I applied for APAP as well and heard back on December 4th about an interview in January sometime. Maybe they're emailing people this week?
What is APAP? You received an invite for an interview for APAP? or for IRCC 2016?
Mar 12, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:55 pm
What is APAP? You received an invite for an interview for APAP? or for IRCC 2016?
APAP is Advanced Policy Analyst Programme that is running for this year (not IRCC 2016). Sorry for the lack of clarification earlier! :)
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
UPDATE

Just received an invite me too!!!!!! for IRCC 2016
Mar 12, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
Lentinus wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 1:34 pm
Hi,

Has anyone experience with the Policy Analyst Recruitment and Development Program (PARDP) interview? I have an interview this week for PARDP. Any help in preparing for the interview will be appreciated.

Thanks
Hey there! I also had an interview - have you heard anything from them?
Oct 4, 2015
33 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:00 pm
UPDATE

Congrats as well! Also next week?
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
eastcoast91 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:29 pm
Congrats as well! Also next week?
It is set for the 19th in Montreal. But I am asking to see if there is possibility for a video conference since it is individual interview since I might not be able to flight back to Canada.
Sep 7, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Congrats everyone who made it to the IRCC 2016 interview!
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:17 pm
It is set for the 19th in Montreal. But I am asking to see if there is possibility for a video conference since it is individual interview since I might not be able to flight back to Canada.
Just curious, did your original application to the 2016 IRCC PSR campaign state Montreal as your current address, or did you state you were living abroad and were randomly assigned Montreal as an interview location?
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
cachapa wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:52 pm
Congrats everyone who made it to the IRCC 2016 interview!

Just curious, did your original application to the 2016 IRCC PSR campaign state Montreal as your current address, or did you state you were living abroad and were randomly assigned Montreal as an interview location?
Well, my original application doesn't state Montreal nor Abroad but a different place. But in the process I changed my adress in my file for abroad and I even emailed them to be sure they had the information. So I assume that they randomly assigned me there.
Sep 7, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:20 am
Well, my original application doesn't state Montreal nor Abroad but a different place. But in the process I changed my adress in my file for abroad and I even emailed them to be sure they had the information. So I assume that they randomly assigned me there.
Oh, wow. I haven't received an interview invitation, but if I do I would likely be in a similar situation as you.
Keep us posted if they let you interview via phone or video conference!
Jul 27, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:00 pm
UPDATE

Congrats! Does that mean you received your invite a day after the others, or you simply hadn't seen it in your emails? I wonder if they are slowly working through a list. No invite for me so far, though I'm not holding my breath.
Nov 13, 2013
760 posts
255 upvotes
OTTAWA
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:17 pm
Are you near a Canadian Embassy? I know they let people do written exams sometimes at an Embassy not sure if they would agree to a video conference at the same. Almost certain they won't let you use skype etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)