Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 12:12 am
Tags:
None
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
cocolita wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:30 am
Congrats! Does that mean you received your invite a day after the others, or you simply hadn't seen it in your emails? I wonder if they are slowly working through a list. No invite for me so far, though I'm not holding my breath.
I received an invite 2 days after the two others. I actually thought it was dead tobe honest. But I understand that I don't have the same location then them fir the interview and mine is later. So maybe they are going by the location. Hope us not dead for you guys!

fogetmylogin wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:37 am
Are you near a Canadian Embassy? I know they let people do written exams sometimes at an Embassy not sure if they would agree to a video conference at the same. Almost certain they won't let you use skype etc.
Yep just 10 mins from one. I have done exams there already in that process. Plus, I had this morning the confirmation that I won't be able to travel. Because my doctor doesn't let me. So now that I have a medical reason, it might be easier to get the interview by videoconference at the embassy since anyway it is an individual interview.
Nov 26, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
lyra19 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm wondering if I should wait weeks or months to hear back about interviews? I applied as an analyst with Stats Can and to the Advanced Policy Analyst Program. Thanks for everyone's support in here!
I did the PSEE ostensibly for an analyst job at StatsCan; haven't heard back from them yet. Had virtually the same score as you did.

I don't think they always get in touch with people at the same time either; I remember someone mentioning they had an interview with PARDP (NRCan's analyst program) so I thought I was out of the process, then they emailed me a week and a half later saying I had moved forward too... just government things.
Mar 12, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
VacasPelota wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:09 pm
I did the PSEE ostensibly for an analyst job at StatsCan; haven't heard back from them yet. Had virtually the same score as you did.

I don't think they always get in touch with people at the same time either; I remember someone mentioning they had an interview with PARDP (NRCan's analyst program) so I thought I was out of the process, then they emailed me a week and a half later saying I had moved forward too... just government things.
From my experience last year applying for all these, APAP is usually the first to get back to people, and I mentioned it earlier that they invited me for an interview on Dec.4 (interview in January) and it was similar time last year (last year I didn't pass the interview).

PARDP have moved up their schedule compared to last year. I heard I got an interview on Nov9th and my interview was Nov 15th. We're supposed to hear in December sometime if we passed this interview.

I think the other processes (like Stats Can) are slower than these development programs (like APAP, PARDP, agriculture) that try and get their processes done first to have full access to all the people who applied before they get snapped up by other PSR processes.

That's my understanding at least :)
Mar 12, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
VacasPelota wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:09 pm

@VacasPelota did you pass the NRCan PARDP interview? I haven't heard from them since my interview, so perhaps I didn't pass this time around. :P
Nov 26, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
awagliner wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:47 pm
From my experience last year applying for all these, APAP is usually the first to get back to people, and I mentioned it earlier that they invited me for an interview on Dec.4 (interview in January) and it was similar time last year (last year I didn't pass the interview).

PARDP have moved up their schedule compared to last year. I heard I got an interview on Nov9th and my interview was Nov 15th. We're supposed to hear in December sometime if we passed this interview.

I think the other processes (like Stats Can) are slower than these development programs (like APAP, PARDP, agriculture) that try and get their processes done first to have full access to all the people who applied before they get snapped up by other PSR processes.

That's my understanding at least :)
I did apply to APAP as well, but I didn't hear back from them - I understand it's super competitive for few spots so it's not a big deal to get passed up there. My PARDP interview was on the 24th.

ugh the wait leads to so much anxiety, when I was job hunting in the private sector things moved way quicker lol.
Mar 12, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
VacasPelota wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:57 pm
I did apply to APAP as well, but I didn't hear back from them - I understand it's super competitive for few spots so it's not a big deal to get passed up there. My PARDP interview was on the 24th.

ugh the wait leads to so much anxiety, when I was job hunting in the private sector things moved way quicker lol.
Yeah, APAP is rough - I wasn't so surprised when I didn't pass the interview last year, but now that I have another interview for this year, I feel like I can't waste this chance, but who knows! Also, maybe they are letting people know this week about APAP. Not sure if they are done contacting us.

Yeah, government processes are so slow. When I interviewed with PARDP on the 15th of Nov they told me that was the first day and it would end the following week so you were probably the last day of interviews! They told me in December they would notify us so i expect this week or next week (would be weird if they waited until the week before the holidays to try and set up interviews in January). Also - good news about this is that PARDP you can apply every year and it isn't just post-secondary recruitment! And they are taking on over 30 people this year, rather than 20. APAP used to only take on 10 but now they are doing 12, I hear from friends who did the program.

Good luck to you! I'll let you know if I hear anything about PARDP!
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
Guys, I got some great news for the IRCC 2016 process.

Yesterday, I asked them if it was possible to have a videoconference interview. They answered me today. They asked for my current location and they said that they are planning the Ottawa and Montreal interviews right now and soon I will receive my new invite for the candidate that are outside of Canada.

So, guys, if you haven't received and invite yet, it doesn't mean that you won't get one. they are going by location, from what you had first written in your application (the closest evaluation place). So, if you are abroad, let them know as soon as you receive your invite so they can plan a session closer to you.
Nov 13, 2013
760 posts
255 upvotes
OTTAWA
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:22 pm
Guys, I got some great news for the IRCC 2016 process.

Yesterday, I asked them if it was possible to have a videoconference interview. They answered me today. They asked for my current location and they said that they are planning the Ottawa and Montreal interviews right now and soon I will receive my new invite for the candidate that are outside of Canada.

So, guys, if you haven't received and invite yet, it doesn't mean that you won't get one. they are going by location, from what you had first written in your application (the closest evaluation place). So, if you are abroad, let them know as soon as you receive your invite so they can plan a session closer to you.
So they said yes to a video interview or they will have overseas locations? In the past they have done London and Hong Kong interviews but I don't think recently this has been the case.
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
fogetmylogin wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 2:07 am
So they said yes to a video interview or they will have overseas locations? In the past they have done London and Hong Kong interviews but I don't think recently this has been the case.
They haven't answered yes or no. They asked for my current location and they said they will send me a new invite soon when they are done planning the interviews for overseas candidates. I assume there will have overseas locations.
Nov 13, 2013
760 posts
255 upvotes
OTTAWA
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 5:23 am
They haven't answered yes or no. They asked for my current location and they said they will send me a new invite soon when they are done planning the interviews for overseas candidates. I assume there will have overseas locations.
Hopefully yes but I wouldn't assume as it is not always done and even when it has been done has been very limited. It might just be London for example.
Apr 25, 2017
75 posts
20 upvotes
fogetmylogin wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 5:57 am
Hopefully yes but I wouldn't assume as it is not always done and even when it has been done has been very limited. It might just be London for example.
Well, I can assure you that this will not be only London. If not they would have said to me that it was better for me to go to the Montreal interview I was first invited. They said they would send me a new invite. So I assume that they will not send me to London because it would make sense to make me cross an ocean. They might not have 100 locations but probaby ore then one.
Dec 7, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
awagliner wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:50 pm
@[VacasPelota] did you pass the NRCan PARDP interview? I haven't heard from them since my interview, so perhaps I didn't pass this time around. :P
Fwiw, I also applied for the Stats Can Analyst position and wrote the PSEE. I also had very similar scores (92nd percentile (29/30) for reasoning, and 95th percentile for judgement), and have not heard anything else yet. I did also apply for PARDP and the Agriculture Canada development program but have not been contacted by either, although it seems that lots of people have already been interviewed for PARDP. I thought I was pretty competitive there, but I suppose I will assume that I didn't progress. I'll hold out hope for Agriculture Canada as it seems like others are waiting on that one too.

Thanks to everyone here for all the great information. It's been helpful, and makes job hunting/competing a little less isolating for me.

I'm curious, to the people in the 2016 IRCC competition, was there a requirement to be bilingual or were there english essential positions?
Nov 7, 2017
34 posts
1 upvote
have anyone go through CRA process? I finish the test got the result. I just waiting to get contracted..
Mar 12, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
ShortDistanceRunner wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 2:39 pm
Fwiw, I also applied for the Stats Can Analyst position and wrote the PSEE. I also had very similar scores (92nd percentile (29/30) for reasoning, and 95th percentile for judgement), and have not heard anything else yet. I did also apply for PARDP and the Agriculture Canada development program but have not been contacted by either, although it seems that lots of people have already been interviewed for PARDP. I thought I was pretty competitive there, but I suppose I will assume that I didn't progress. I'll hold out hope for Agriculture Canada as it seems like others are waiting on that one too.

Thanks to everyone here for all the great information. It's been helpful, and makes job hunting/competing a little less isolating for me.

I'm curious, to the people in the 2016 IRCC competition, was there a requirement to be bilingual or were there english essential positions?
Hey there! If it helps last year Agriculture didn't send out a response until mid-January asking for certain documents. As I decided not to move forward with it, I'm not sure what followed that. :) best of luck!
Nov 5, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
awagliner wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 4:37 pm
Hey there! If it helps last year Agriculture didn't send out a response until mid-January asking for certain documents. As I decided not to move forward with it, I'm not sure what followed that. :) best of luck!
The PSEE tests are being written until Feb 5. They won't start arranging interviews for the Stats Can recruitment until after that date, because ppl are still writing the 371 test.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)