Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2019 9:52 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 1, 2018
35 posts
12 upvotes
Is it fair to say that IRCC is assessing roughly 500 candidates at this stage of the competition following their random selection early November? I recall that number being mentioned somewhere in this thread during the 2016 recruitment process.
Oct 30, 2018
16 posts
1 upvote
Hi everyone. I got an invitation for a written test for the Policy and Program Analyst competition. The description is:

The exam is designed to assess the following merit criteria:
· Knowledge of government priorities;
· Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of central agencies (Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Finance Canada, and the Privy Council Office);
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing.

Does anyone know how these exams typically look?
Oct 30, 2018
16 posts
1 upvote
Ahmedpie01 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 1:13 pm
I wrote a situtional judgement test with the government before it usually takes about a week to get results back. How did the test go was it similar to questions for the online test?
For the PSEE the judgment test was very similar to the online test. Some of the questions were exactly the same.
Dec 4, 2018
1 posts
Hi guys, I have an interview with the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission for Administrative Assistant that’s an hour long where the first 15min will be a scenario. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare?
Nov 22, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
guacisextra wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 8:30 pm
Hi everyone,

I participated in last year's PSR campaign and accepted a job offer for the role of Commerce Officer at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. I bought a study guide for the ToJ and ToR from this website for $155 + tax https://www.foreignserviceexamprep.com/ ... rials.html

I ended up with an overall score of 87th percentile (76th percentile on ToR, 98th percentile on ToJ...though I could have done better on the ToR with more practice)

I am selling my study guide for $50 (paid over $155 with tax). Please DM me if you are interested. Feel free to also ask me any questions.

Good luck to everyone on this year's campaign!

Edit - I realized I made an error in what price I actually bought it for. I bought it for $175.15 with tax. Asking for $50.
Hi, are you still selling this book?
Mar 25, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
GTA
anisaem wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 12:14 am
Are they contacting anyone yet from the two pools for chemist 2 and 3 yet?
Hi, I was in the chemist 2 pool, was contacted and had a second interview in august and started in september. From what I can tell for the scarborough location they've hired all the chemist 2s (Started in september and october) that they require for the different labs.
Nov 21, 2018
13 posts
3 upvotes
Wrote my PSEE today and got my results today:
54 / 73 (64th percentile)
Sub-test 1: 19 / 30 (39th percentile)
Sub-test 2: 3690 / 4000 (92nd percentile)
Bummed but not surprised
Nov 11, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
I did my test yesterday but i haven’t got any results yet. I did in Toronto
Dec 8, 2017
100 posts
37 upvotes
I wrote mine yesterday in Gatineau:
53 / 73 (60th percentile)
Sub-test 1: 20 / 30 (45th percentile)
Sub-test 2: 3605 / 4000 (81st percentile
Nov 21, 2018
13 posts
3 upvotes
smartfish wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 8:42 pm
Where did you take the test?
Sorry should have mentioned, I wrote it in Gatineau and on the computer.
Nov 11, 2003
217 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
lashattack wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 9:33 am
Sorry should have mentioned, I wrote it in Gatineau and on the computer.
Thank you
Dec 8, 2017
100 posts
37 upvotes
Longprocess wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 7:38 pm
Hi everyone. I got an invitation for a written test for the Policy and Program Analyst competition. The description is:

The exam is designed to assess the following merit criteria:
· Knowledge of government priorities;
· Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of central agencies (Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Finance Canada, and the Privy Council Office);
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing.

Does anyone know how these exams typically look?
I got that too. Sadly I don't have the answer to your question. Have you figured out how to prepare for this yet?
Nov 21, 2018
13 posts
3 upvotes
bubaglobalj wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 8:45 pm
I got that too. Sadly I don't have the answer to your question. Have you figured out how to prepare for this yet?
Got this as well, still hopelessly confused on how to best prepare.