Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2019 7:21 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 25, 2017
134 posts
30 upvotes
KateB95487 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2018 3:38 pm
For those of you that passed the interview for IRCC 2016 - have you been contacted yet?
I passed the interview and replied that I was interested in the position. They replied that they will contact me in the upcoming weeks but so far nothing...
NicCouv wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2018 5:39 pm
Hi Kate,

They reached back out to me last week to set up a call and then I talked with a coordinator from the program this past Friday about the next steps and potential start dates.
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you two could give us some news about the IRCC FS jobs offer? When did you finally started? And do you know how many people got hired at the end?
Dec 11, 2018
1 posts
Hi guys, i just recently did my PSR test for the graduate recruitment process. Im not sure what to think about my results since this was my first time writing it. These are my results:

58/73 (77th percentile)
Subtest 1: 20/30 (45th percentile)
Sub-test 2: 3811/4000 (99th percentile)

Im just baffled at the 20/30 being 1 point off from the 50th percentile...and im wondering if anyone has any idea about happens next or if ill just be screened out with no hope?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3782 posts
346 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Got my results too. I wrote in Gatineau last week.
Feb 5, 2016
19 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cyellow wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 7:03 pm
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you two could give us some news about the IRCC FS jobs offer? When did you finally started? And do you know how many people got hired at the end?
Hi cyellow,

So a group of people started in September since they received their clearance and completed the second language assessment before that time. Another group will begin in January. Since I am still waiting on the clearance, I don't have more information than that regarding the process and the number of people that got hired.
Apr 25, 2017
134 posts
30 upvotes
NicCouv wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 1:16 pm
Hi cyellow,

So a group of people started in September since they received their clearance and completed the second language assessment before that time. Another group will begin in January. Since I am still waiting on the clearance, I don't have more information than that regarding the process and the number of people that got hired.

Good to know! It is sad though that the clearance takes that long! If I recall you were living abroad right? It must be complicated to plan your life waiting to start.

But keep us posted please!

For my part, hopefully this year is my year :)
Apr 17, 2015
9 posts
Guelph, ON
Hello,

I did PSR supervised test last year and haven't heard back ever since.
The status for my PSR still says "Your application has been retained. You will be contacted directly if you are to be assessed further", so I thought PSR 2017 was still active.
However, since there are now many posts about PSR for this year, is it just better to lose hopes by this time? (or was I supposed to lose it already at the beginning of 2018 lol)..

Any advises would be much appreciated, thank you!
Aug 22, 2014
42 posts
14 upvotes
Rideau Ferry
cchoi9116 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 12:16 pm
Hello,

I did PSR supervised test last year and haven't heard back ever since.
The status for my PSR still says "Your application has been retained. You will be contacted directly if you are to be assessed further", so I thought PSR 2017 was still active.
However, since there are now many posts about PSR for this year, is it just better to lose hopes by this time? (or was I supposed to lose it already at the beginning of 2018 lol)..

Any advises would be much appreciated, thank you!
You should apply every year when you are eligible for the PSR. You should apply to all jobs that you are eligible for, don't just count on PSR.
Nov 11, 2018
5 posts
3 upvotes
Just got my results from PSEE 371.

76th percentile overall
ToR: 81st percentile
ToJ: 75th percentile

I genuinely have no idea how competitive this will be - hopefully it’s fairly decent?
Dec 15, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Just checked my account to see my results. Applied for this year's round of jobs at StatsCan (think there are 40 positions to be filled).

Score: 65/73 (92nd percentile)
Sub-test 1 (TOR): 27 / 30 (85th percentile)
Sub-test 2 (TOJ): 3794 / 4000 (98th percentile)

Did not expect to do this well on the PSEE - special thanks to JMoreno, OscarWilde38, Dealurker, sonder, and the many others here that I am missing. Lurked this forum for a while but thank you folks for providing all this help!
Apr 25, 2017
134 posts
30 upvotes
Hi guys!

For the IRCC 2016 process, I tried to keep an updated list of who was still in the hiring process. I will do the same for IRCC 2018. That way it is easier to follow up and to know if we should have received anything or if we can still have hope hehe.

Please, let me know if you are part of the hiring process so I can add you in the list.

List of the ones that got invited to the IRCC online exam in november

Cyellow
Elpibedelbarrio
Lashattack
Sonder
Mar 1, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
Ontario
57 / 73 (74th percentile)
TOR: 23 / 30 (65th percentile)
TOJ: 3661 / 4000 (89th percentile)

The TOR killed me. I thought I may have done worse than that on the TOR.
Dec 23, 2018
1 posts
hi! i was invited to take PSEE TOR UIT 372. what is the difference of UIT 372 from UIT 370? and any available reviewers for sale?
Nov 7, 2017
102 posts
8 upvotes
I got my test of judgement 375 for immigration and refugee board application. It did not say if I move on or not but I think I did.
Jan 4, 2019
6 posts
I am revising my post! Since writing my question, I went into the archives and found an answer to my original question.

I will instead ask a different question:
I wrote the online PSEE in October and was invited to do a secondary results-orientation/writing test in early December. But I have yet to be invited to a supervised test, at least not by email. When I did the PSEE in 2013, I was invited to a supervised test in mid-November.

I am a bit flummoxed, since I know I have been included in the inventory (no score for the unsupervised test though) and it sounds like others were invited to the supervised test. I would normally assume that I wasn't as competitive as other candidates, and therefore a lower priority for limited supervised testing spaces, but then why invite me for a results-orientation test? I assume the results test is randomly administered, but it doesn't make sense to administer the test to someone who hasn't even done the supervised test.

Thoughts?