Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2019 9:52 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 7, 2017
105 posts
9 upvotes
I got my test of judgement 375 for immigration and refugee board application. It did not say if I move on or not but I think I did.
Jan 4, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
I am revising my post! Since writing my question, I went into the archives and found an answer to my original question.

I will instead ask a different question:
I wrote the online PSEE in October and was invited to do a secondary results-orientation/writing test in early December. But I have yet to be invited to a supervised test, at least not by email. When I did the PSEE in 2013, I was invited to a supervised test in mid-November.

I am a bit flummoxed, since I know I have been included in the inventory (no score for the unsupervised test though) and it sounds like others were invited to the supervised test. I would normally assume that I wasn't as competitive as other candidates, and therefore a lower priority for limited supervised testing spaces, but then why invite me for a results-orientation test? I assume the results test is randomly administered, but it doesn't make sense to administer the test to someone who hasn't even done the supervised test.

Thoughts?
Jan 4, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Elpibedelbarrio wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 11:42 am
Did anyone else also take the results orientation and written competency test for Foreign Service Development Program at IRCC? If so, do you have any further information on next steps, a rough timeline of the recruitment process, and chances on landing an interview?
I did that test too. May I ask whether you were invited to the supervised PSEE before or after you did the written test?
Dec 1, 2018
35 posts
12 upvotes
Elleanon wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 2:13 am
I did that test too. May I ask whether you were invited to the supervised PSEE before or after you did the written test?
As far as I understand, the supervised PSEE isn’t part of this cycle of the IRCC Foreign Service Devlopment Program recrtuitment process. For those of us who wrote the results orientation and written competency exam, we should probably hear back from the resourcing team on next steps during the next few weeks.
Jan 4, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for your insight!

I thought that the 371 (supervised test) was specifically mentioned in the IRCC FDSP posting that I applied for in October, but I guess they have changed processes.

In any case, I am glad that I didn't miss a step.
Oct 19, 2017
26 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
54 / 73 (64th percentile)
Sub-test 1: 25 / 30 (76th percentile)
Sub-test 2: 3466 / 4000 (51st percentile)

Got completely slaughtered. The only good sign was that for the Test of Judgement, I actually improved my results compared to the unsupervised test. Still abysmal though.
Dec 1, 2018
35 posts
12 upvotes
Elleanon wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 10:33 am
Thanks for your insight!

I thought that the 371 (supervised test) was specifically mentioned in the IRCC FDSP posting that I applied for in October, but I guess they have changed processes.

In any case, I am glad that I didn't miss a step.
Did you also get an email saying that you’re application for the FSDP position is about to expire, and that you have to re-submit within 20 days? First time I receive a note of this kind.
Jan 4, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Elpibedelbarrio wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:19 am
Did you also get an email saying that you’re application for the FSDP position is about to expire, and that you have to re-submit within 20 days? First time I receive a note of this kind.
I received the same email. It is not clear why this has to be done or how one should re-submit the application. Thinking Face

It seems like a mistake, but I will email them and ask. I will let you know if I hear anything.
Nov 21, 2018
13 posts
3 upvotes
sonder wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:02 pm
Just checked. The original job post only specified the unsupervised online test. Phew... one less thing to worry about :-)
Hi, so I'm so super confused. When I looked at the original posting it says:

COMPETENCIES:
C1. Integrity and Respect
C2. Comprehensive Analysis
C3. Judgment*
C4. Reasoning*
C5. Results Orientation
C6. Change Leadership

*Applicants must demonstrate these skills by successfully obtaining the required pass mark for the Public Service Entrance Exam 371 (PSEE 371).
My understanding is that PSEE 371 is the supervised test. In a later section, it does mention that we have to take the Unsupervised test (UIT 370) (which is done with the submission of the application). I was under the impression that both would be done, with the unsupervised test being used to screen out applicants.

With that being said, I was invited to do the results orientation and written exam but not PSEE 371. The only reason why I took the PSEE 371 is because of a PSR campaign. But that score has been added to my application file for FSDP. Nonetheless, I was surprised to have gotten that written exam prior to doing PSEE 371 and I wonder if I hadn't done it for PSR would IRCC have looked at my application with only my UIT 370 score (which is only like pass or fail?).
Dec 12, 2017
16 posts
6 upvotes
PORP - any responses back yet? My application was accepted but so far that's it.
Feb 2, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
Hey guys, I did the UIT 370 for FSDP last week and just yesterday they got back with a date next week for the Results Orientation and Written Competency Exam. I have no clue about the content/format of this exam except that it will be on a Word document. For those of you who have done it already, what can I expect on this?
Apr 25, 2017
134 posts
30 upvotes
ohrazasaurusrex wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:04 pm
Hey guys, I did the UIT 370 for FSDP last week and just yesterday they got back with a date next week for the Results Orientation and Written Competency Exam. I have no clue about the content/format of this exam except that it will be on a Word document. For those of you who have done it already, what can I expect on this?
Interesting. So they are making a second round of invite for that exam. Hopefully they will give us news (second exam invite) in not too long from now.

Unfortunately, we all sign a paper saying we won’t talk about what’s in that first exam (result oriented). And honestly, since we all want that job, I don’t think it would be good for any of us to help you prepare for it since ee are in the same process and will be competing for the same job at the end.
Feb 2, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
Cyellow wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 5:52 pm
Interesting. So they are making a second round of invite for that exam. Hopefully they will give us news (second exam invite) in not too long from now.

Unfortunately, we all sign a paper saying we won’t talk about what’s in that first exam (result oriented). And honestly, since we all want that job, I don’t think it would be good for any of us to help you prepare for it since ee are in the same process and will be competing for the same job at the end.
Agreed. Not fair for me to ask. And yeah I had doubts about getting an invite now since i thought it was quite late into the process, but it worked out. So I’m assuming you’re referring to the ‘second exam’ likely being the PSEE 371?
Apr 25, 2017
134 posts
30 upvotes
ohrazasaurusrex wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:54 pm
Agreed. Not fair for me to ask. And yeah I had doubts about getting an invite now since i thought it was quite late into the process, but it worked out. So I’m assuming you’re referring to the ‘second exam’ likely being the PSEE 371?
No the second written exam. In 2016, the last ircc hiring process there was two written exams. They were after the 370 unsupervised and the 371 supervised. Then came the interview. I beleive this year there will be two online written exams too.
Jan 15, 2019
11 posts
5 upvotes
Hello all,

I'm in the selection rounds for the IRCC 2018 FS-01 position. I did the UIT tests last month, and just finished the results based and written competency test today.

Currently waiting for the results and next step in the process.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)