Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 12:01 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 11, 2018
10 posts
4 upvotes
One quick question, Has anybody already been “referred” by the Public Service Commission to the hiring Departments for the post secondary 2018-2019?
When should we expect that? Any clue?
Dec 1, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
I wrote the English version of the PSEE 371 in the NCR for the purpose of the IRCC - FS recruitment yesterday and was rather surprised by the small number of test takers. If I recall correctly, there were only around 15 candidates there, which got me hoping that they're not interviewing hundreds of people. However, I imagine that the numbers in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver must be a lot higher than here. This is the second time I've written this exam and I felt much better prepared after having read through the relevant parts of this thread. I wish I would have known about the abundance of information a bit earlier.
Oct 4, 2015
36 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Elpibedelbarrio wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:11 pm
I wrote the English version of the PSEE 371 in the NCR for the purpose of the IRCC - FS recruitment yesterday and was rather surprised by the small number of test takers. If I recall correctly, there were only around 15 candidates there, which got me hoping that they're not interviewing hundreds of people.
Keep in mind candidates were given the option to carry over previous scores if they had written the PSEE before.

That being said, I'm sure the number of people they're interviewing at this point is quite small compared to the number of people who originally applied.
Feb 12, 2019
1 posts
Hello there guys.

So today I found that I had been screened out from the FSDP inventory because I failed the unsupervised computer test. It just said that I failed it, it did not specify which one, and it did not tell me my scores. So I have mainly three questions.
a) I had the opportunity to take both the logic & judgment tests. Now I have read some posts on this thread which gave me the impression that the system wouldn't have let me take the judgment test had I failed the logic one. Is this true?
b) Is there anyway for me to learn my test scores?
c) When can I retake this stupid test so I can reapply again?

Thank you very much in advance.
Apr 29, 2016
22 posts
10 upvotes
ebirben1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 4:59 pm
Hello there guys.

So today I found that I had been screened out from the FSDP inventory because I failed the unsupervised computer test. It just said that I failed it, it did not specify which one, and it did not tell me my scores. So I have mainly three questions.
a) I had the opportunity to take both the logic & judgment tests. Now I have read some posts on this thread which gave me the impression that the system wouldn't have let me take the judgment test had I failed the logic one. Is this true?
b) Is there anyway for me to learn my test scores?
c) When can I retake this stupid test so I can reapply again?

Thank you very much in advance.
a) Not necessarily. While this is true for the PSEE UIT 370 when taken as part of the Post-Secondary Recruitment (PSR) campaign, it's not necessarily true for the PSEE UIT 370 in general. The 2018 IRCC FSDP inventory is not part of the PSR campaign and the wording on the original job poster is unclear on this.

b) No. The PSEE UIT 370 is a pass/fail exam based on established pass marks. Candidates do not find out their exact scores, only whether they passed or failed.

c) Unlike the supervised PSEE 371, the PSEE UIT 370 does not have a waiting period before you can rewrite the test. However, I don't know if it's possible to apply for the same inventory after being eliminated. You might have to wait until the next recruitment (the current IRCC FSDP inventory is open for applications until August 2019, so presumably sometime after that).
Feb 16, 2017
3 posts
Elpibedelbarrio - And when did you apply? I just applied this week and I was wondering how long it would possibly take before we get an e-mail (if we get selected for the supervised test). Thanks!
Dec 1, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
bungo426 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 9:48 am
Elpibedelbarrio - And when did you apply? I just applied this week and I was wondering how long it would possibly take before we get an e-mail (if we get selected for the supervised test). Thanks!
I applied towards the end of November 2018. At the time, I received an email stating that a random selection of candidates would occur towards the end of November. I really can't say when the next selection will take place - only the resourcing team would know. You would expect them to pull another pool of candidates in November 2019 but don't take my word for it.
Apr 29, 2016
22 posts
10 upvotes
FYI @bungo426 you also have to pass a written test before getting invited to the supervised PSEE + interview.

In case it's of interest to anyone, especially new joiners, the timeline of the 2018 IRCC FSDP process (so far) has been:
  • September 2018 - Inventory opened (original closing date was September 2020, but that has since changed to August 2019.)
  • November 2018 - First random selection from the inventory. Selected candidates were invited to a written test.
  • January 2019 - Another random selection from the inventory. Selected candidates were invited to a written test.
  • January 2019 - Results of the written test(s) were sent out. Those who passed were notified of upcoming supervised PSEE and interviews.
  • February-March 2019 - Supervised PSEE and interviews currently taking place in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)