Computers & Electronics

Has anyone tried using Kutko before to 'cut the cord'? Any experiences?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2016 6:25 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Mar 23, 2015
8 posts
Toronto, ON
Got it. Excellent! I whole heartedly support this business then. I have been trying to do the same thing but I am not yet up and running. Seems like a reasonable price but I expect the equipment price will be substantial. If yu wish to use a TV then a Roku 3 box is probably needed. That costs $99. You can use Smart VPN but I like true VPN because that keeps the Roku box completely blind to its true location. The Roku people are actively trying to thwart any circumvention of geo-blocking If you use true VPN, the cheapest option is to buy an ASUS RT-N16 and flash it. That is about $111 at Amazon.ca. $5 per month for the VPN service such as TorGuard or make a few bucks and become a reseller and sell for $2 per month. Setting up a TV antenna is either about $150 if you do-it-yourself and upwards of $300 for someone else to install it.

I completely agree on it being to complicated for 95% of the Canadian population to comprehend never mind doing it themselves. It's a great business to get into for unemployed geeks. I am also into getting people onto Electronic Box or Start Communications for Internet and I also set up VoIP phone service that costs between $3 to $12 per month based on usage.
Jun 27, 2015
2 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks JamesA1 for jumping in there.
Everything you posted is true.

Only one small correction, we actually offer up our services to people all over Canada although we are based out of the Toronto GTA area. We've helped people from NS to BC #CutTheCord for good. We're able to do this in person and via Skype.

We are here to help people set everything up initially and we do offer the $5 a month support fee beyond our initial 3 months of support that is included with the fee.
We have yet to have one customer actually take us up on this. We only offered it in the first place based on customer feedback.

Our primary goal is simple to spread the word about cord cutting in Canada and to help anyone who wants to say goodbye to traditional cable for good.
This is the future of TV and we are tired of waiting for the oligopoly here to evolve.
May 24, 2008
759 posts
304 upvotes
Edmonton ish
Well I submitted an email today so I hope to chat soon and give feedack to everyone on RFD! Cheers
Telus Unlimited 30 5G - Unlimited nationwide talk, text, and 30GB data at 5G speed up to 250Mbps x3 lines at $38 per line and 2 lines with Unltd 150g CAN-US for $38 (yes i have rolling credits!) and 1 home phone lite $20pm.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)