• Jan 25th, 2015 3:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19106 posts
5993 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I work from home so I don't have this problem but I can see how it could get nerve wracking to have a valuable parcel sitting outside unattended all day.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6949 posts
2912 upvotes
Interesting.... reminds me of BufferBox, the University of Waterloo startup that Google bought and shut down.
Jun 28, 2008
25 posts
14 upvotes
Used it for Amazon.ca lighting deal, routed to closest SDM as I am rarely home for delivery. Received 3 emails: one when Amazon shipped it, second from Canada Post with estimated delivery time and third when it arrived to SDM. Very simple and satisfying process, they store it for 15 calendar days and someone else living at your address can pick it up as well with ID.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4322 posts
6628 upvotes
Ontario
SoroSuub1 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 3:06 am
Interesting.... reminds me of BufferBox, the University of Waterloo startup that Google bought and shut down.
Yes, that's what I thought.

Ancaster Walmart Superstore has the blue wall of lockers-service is provided by Bybox? Touch screen setup-sounds like the Amazon lockers discussed on the thread. Walmart needs the 6-digit code to open the locker. I happened to touch the screen as a family with two small kids walked by. Of course the youngest one paused at the outer edge of the locker wall to see what I was doing to the screen.
The locker wall is in the better lit section of the exit aisle by the cashiers; short steps to customer service area if anyone has a returns issue, I assume. I'm going to feel sorry for any H&R Block mini office setup under the bulkhead/poorly lit section if it does return for tax season. It does seem the Red Box for movies is moved/gone as it was there in December.

Walmart calls the service Grab & Go. http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/checkout/grab-and-go
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡