• Mar 14th, 2005 11:55 am
Tags:
None
Mar 12, 2005
3 posts
Calgary

Has anyone used vacationstogo.com?

Hello,

I've been a long time follower of RFD but this is my first post.
It's a great site.

But i was wondering where most of you guys book your cruises?
The cheapest site on the internet (cruise only) that we've found is http://vacationstogo.com/ (American site)

From what i can see on their site, they look to be reputable (in business since 1984) but we heard from various travel agents the horror stories about people getting ripped off when booking through the internet.

This site's quote in Cdn$ is almost $300 less per person compared to 3 travel agents that we've contacted here in Calgary, AB.

i was just wondering if anyone has booked a cruise through them or how you guys usually get the best deals on cruises?

cheers
3 replies
Banned
Dec 26, 2004
2987 posts
6 upvotes
"When you book your travel time, look for the TICO sign."

Use an ontario company registered with TICO and save the hassels if you get scammed
I have Vitiligo, it is there, but it is white (it = my eyebrow)

Shadow Dweller
My B/S/T:
Antenna 4 Sale: [URL]http://redfla
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
67 upvotes
I have used vacationstogo.com a few times to book cruises, and never had a problem yet. If you are more comfortable using a TA registered in Canada, try taking a printout of the vacationstogo quote and see if they'll match it.
Sep 4, 2004
22 posts
Last year I went on a Mediterranean Cruise with Royal Carribean Cruise line. We booked through Cruise Club of America www.cruise-club.com. ( :) HIGHLY RECCOMMEND) It is an American site and you pay in US cash but even with the exchange rate our canadian travel agent couldn't touch the rate. This company deals with the cruise lines directly and in high volume generating serious discounts. At the time we paid $75 above their cost price from the cruise line. I know that since then many cruise lines includiung RCCL are no longer allowing these DEEP discounts to anyone. Can't hurt to look into their prices though. I'll book with them again in a heart beat. Bill Kraus (President & CEO) was very proffessional and a pleasure to deal with. I also recommend no matter who you book with use your VISA card as they have protection for trips etc. built right into the card as insurance.

P.S. I do know of someone who uses Vacations to Go all the time. I just stumbled onto Cruise Club when doing some searches on cruises.
:twisted: JOJO