• Mar 1st, 2018 2:07 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17524 posts
2203 upvotes
GTA West
phuviano wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:46 am
HI, i need do this. On step 3 of the form, it says i need to provide the CBSA inventory/import receipt number from the CBSA postal import form. Where do i find this number? package was shipped UPS. I have the original box, but no additional paper work is on the box itself.
To be honest, I don't remember for sure where I got that number, although it was definitely for an order received through UPS.
I do indeed still have a scan of the B2G from when I sent it, and I definitely wrote in the number. It's possible that I called UPS and asked them to provide the number.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2727 posts
343 upvotes
Vaughan
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 9:45 pm
To be honest, I don't remember for sure where I got that number, although it was definitely for an order received through UPS.
I do indeed still have a scan of the B2G from when I sent it, and I definitely wrote in the number. It's possible that I called UPS and asked them to provide the number.
Alright thanks anyways. This the only thing i need to finish the form. Did you have to send any proof that you shipped the item back? Not that i would try to scam the system, since i already shipped it back earlier today. If not, what documents did you provide besides the one for step 3?
For Sale
Banana Republic Mens Top Coat
banana-republic-mens-top-coat-1846703/#post24082895
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17524 posts
2203 upvotes
GTA West
phuviano wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:39 am
Alright thanks anyways. This the only thing i need to finish the form. Did you have to send any proof that you shipped the item back? Not that i would try to scam the system, since i already shipped it back earlier today. If not, what documents did you provide besides the one for step 3?
Yes, I sent them a tracking printout showing it has been delivered.
I also sent them a credit card statement printout showing it had been refunded.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Nov 7, 2016
57 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario
I ran into this exact same thing about 4yrs ago when I bought a video card from EVGA. It took almost 3 months of bouncing around between the carrier, EVGA, and then finally the CBSA to get it back and by then the dollar parity was different so I still lost over $75 in the exchange rate (almost $150 total in the differences in the end of the card and taxes, duties and shipping.) :(
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3574 posts
813 upvotes
Toronto
IcarusLSC wrote:
Feb 19th, 2018 1:29 am
I ran into this exact same thing about 4yrs ago when I bought a video card from EVGA. It took almost 3 months of bouncing around between the carrier, EVGA, and then finally the CBSA to get it back and by then the dollar parity was different so I still lost over $75 in the exchange rate (almost $150 total in the differences in the end of the card and taxes, duties and shipping.) :(
I would just bring that up with the CSBA next time you declare something when crossing over at a land bridge.

Sometimes they are sympathetic.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2727 posts
343 upvotes
Vaughan
To update this thread for others in the future.

Step 3 of the B2G form asks for an import receipt number. I was confused with this for the longest time. I called CBSA today. I was told this was the same as the "way bill number". Also fyi, i didn't receive any paper work with my delivered item. But UPS was helpful, and sent me a commercial invoice which has the way bill number on it.

Just posting this in case any one else in the future is confused to what an import receipt number is.
For Sale
Banana Republic Mens Top Coat
banana-republic-mens-top-coat-1846703/#post24082895