Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: Haters gotta hate, so don't count it against one's score.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2018 7:42 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2773 posts
945 upvotes
Halifax

Haters gotta hate, so don't count it against one's score.

I notice on posts that thumbs down count against a post, even though a vast majority of them are thumbs up. Why is that? I can understand if the post is actually deserving of a drubbing, but let us be honest, we have more than our fair share of asshats here, myself included. At the very least, there should be a requirement to have the thumbs down crew to explain shown in the post. I understand why you need to hide the identity of the asshat of course.
Share:
4 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9309 posts
13825 upvotes
Scarborough
If someone doesn't like a deal or thread they have the option to give it a thumbs down instead of reply. Not everyone likes to or wants to reply so the thumbs up and down system give users an alternate option. We don't want to penalize users for wanting to start a new thread so this is why the votes don't count against them. It's just a general indicator of how popular (or unpopular) a thread is for other users.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2773 posts
945 upvotes
Halifax
The current setup does penalize. This is an extreme example, but I am using it to convey a point. A person puts in a post, but no one likes it or hates it. So they get a zero rating. Another person posts, and 10 people like it, but 10 people hate it. Still gets a zero rating. Same score, but not the same thing.

I not against thumbs down. It should be counted separately though, and not have an effect on the overall score, especially if it is in the minority opinion.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2773 posts
945 upvotes
Halifax
Thanks for the -2, you clowns! :D
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4189 posts
584 upvotes
bridonca wrote: