Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

Hausmann 7amp Leaf Blower $20 @Rona

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2014 2:50 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough

[Rona] Hausmann 7amp Leaf Blower $20 @Rona

Recently I tried unsuccessfully to have Lowes beat HD's $70 Toro leaf blower with 10% AND tax free promo. Wasn't too keen on the vacuum side of the blower....

Anyway so I found this el cheapo for 20 bux! Used it a couple of times and it's powerful enough n greeeeat! My garage floor's now spotless! :D So is the curb after the lawn mowing. You DO sweep your curb clean, do you? It's called curb appeal?
16 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
That would depend on whether you want the vacuuming or not. There isn't much of a diff between 250 and 285kph.

I use my rear bagging lawn mower to gather/mulch all the leaves effortlessly.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Picked one of these up at the Rona on Warden/Eglinton in the GTA. Still about a dozen there.

Good enough for $20 and it gets the job done when it comes to blowing. It was both louder, and less powerful, than I expected, but for $20. Goot tool to have around the house to blow things that need blowing, I guess. Deck, walkway, driveway, lawn, etc.

I have a tiny tiny lot so corded doesn't bother me.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
Yay! My first RFD sale! (lmao)

Like I said my garage floor is now spotless! So's the driveway, curb....best 20 bux spent!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
I dont really need one but you deserve a thank for the presentation :P
Mar 17, 2012
155 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
makes a good dryer after washing a motorcycle..even a car.. ;) :)
Jul 7, 2011
23 posts
9 upvotes
From my experience, it is always better to get both blowing and sucking is a must.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
blueninjabron wrote: From my experience, it is always better to get both blowing and sucking is a must.
What experience do you have?
Dec 2, 2007
511 posts
284 upvotes
I have a $90 or so gas model, and I ultimately wish I had spent more on a full sized backpack model. I guess it depends on the size of your property though.
Aug 20, 2013
286 posts
73 upvotes
N/A
I have had poor luck with Hausmann garbage. Once it is broken, good luck getting parts. But for twenty bucks, it is a throwaway.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1514 posts
1622 upvotes
Canada
I don't own a blower, but my neighbor uses his a lot and it's dam loud. Should wear ear protection when using them.
Can't go wrong for 20 bux
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2012
1172 posts
203 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Samwfive wrote: That would depend on whether you want the vacuuming or not. There isn't much of a diff between 250 and 285kph.

I use my rear bagging lawn mower to gather/mulch all the leaves effortlessly.
new to the scene. i have a rear bagging mower. never thought of crushing and mulching the leaves. good idea. so can i use the mulch as fertilizer (or they just dont disintegrate?)?
Aug 20, 2013
286 posts
73 upvotes
N/A
spiderman6 wrote: new to the scene. i have a rear bagging mower. never thought of crushing and mulching the leaves. good idea. so can i use the mulch as fertilizer (or they just dont disintegrate?)?
Mulching is absolutely the way to go to invigorate your lawn. Might have to go over it a couple of times, but who doesn't need the exercise? A blower is useful in this case if you have leaves that are in any flower beds/garden areas, unless you just rake them out of there. But mulch those leaves.

I have a friend in NY who has a couple of acres along the Hudson River, a lawn fanatic, who mulches up to 24 inches of leaves each year. His property is full of all sorts of oak/maple/other trees, so he has tons. Literally.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
heiyuu wrote: http://www.rona.ca/en/9-a-electric-blow ... m-59595082

is this one worth it for double the price?

9A vs 7A
285 vs 250kph
and vacuum too.
its not the speed its the cfm. This is argueably the most powerful handheld I have read about, comes in at 650 cfm rating
http://gizmodo.com/a-130-mph-leaf-blowe ... 1629655174

199@canadiantire

for reference the stihl 600 backpack is around 710 cfm. the echo 770 backpack is above 750 cfm and the most powerful would argueably goto the redmax which I think is just above 900 cfm. I've used a 770 echo before and thats a backpack. You actually feel the resistance from the tube to hold it straight. If that troy built could really do 650 in one hand while holding its weight as well. It would fly back on you, so i really have difficulty believing it can do what its marketed for which is equal to many mid range backpacks that run around $350.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)