• Mar 16th, 2011 1:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 6, 2007
506 posts
56 upvotes

Have not received T4E yet

My wife was on maternity leave for part of last year. I was putting stuff together to do our taxes and noted that we hadn't received her T4E yet. Should they be at the end of Feb. like T4's or March like Bank stuff?
8 replies
Mar 14, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
Hey Florch,

We got screwed on this last year - we didn't get one and filed our return without it only to get a bill later for the adjustment.

This year I went to the CRA website and downloaded it electronically - it seems that they don't send it out? Seems strange... Anyway you just have to get a Government of Canada account in order to download your T4E, but it's not a difficult process.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/online/mysca.shtml

Hope that helps!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4308 posts
1018 upvotes
VikingsFan wrote:
Mar 15th, 2011 7:59 pm
Hey Florch,

We got screwed on this last year - we didn't get one and filed our return without it only to get a bill later for the adjustment.

Let me get this straight. You got "screwed" because you didn't report taxable income on your tax return even though you knew you had to and then you're shocked that the government calls you on it? Seriously?
Mar 10, 2010
784 posts
53 upvotes
We got our T4e in the third week of February, so they are mailing at least some out. Check the CRA website as Viking said, or check the services Canada website. Conquistador, I think that Viking meant that he felt screwed, probably because he forgot to account for the T4e, and also, he could have made different RRSP choices had he the full info on time.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
56 upvotes
Burlington
Clacker wrote:
Mar 15th, 2011 9:42 pm
We got our T4e in the third week of February, so they are mailing at least some out. Check the CRA website as Viking said, or check the services Canada website. Conquistador, I think that Viking meant that he felt screwed, probably because he forgot to account for the T4e, and also, he could have made different RRSP choices had he the full info on time.

I certainly hope the OP got his T4E by now seeing as he posted in 2009.
Nov 26, 2010
68 posts
4 upvotes
sutton,on
youre talking anout a t4 from ei... if it was not mailed to you go on line and print it, if this is "dumb" advice sorry for it
Nov 26, 2010
68 posts
4 upvotes
sutton,on
Anathem wrote:
Mar 15th, 2011 9:48 pm
I certainly hope the OP got his T4E by now seeing as he posted in 2009.

ha! hope not
Mar 10, 2010
784 posts
53 upvotes
:facepalm: Man, how did this thread even get resurrected, guess I should have paid more attention before posting.
× < >