Personal Finance

Have you cancelled your free HD Equifax Plan?

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2016 8:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2008
5754 posts
475 upvotes

Have you cancelled your free HD Equifax Plan?

Equifax said the plan will expire unless I make a payment, but didn't provide an option to cancel the plan. Have you cancelled your plan yet?
7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
Are you on your 2nd free year?
You'll be able to long on indefintely after "expiration", but won't be able to order new reports.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2008
5754 posts
475 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Are you on your 2nd free year?
You'll be able to long on indefintely after "expiration", but won't be able to order new reports.
I kind of just forgot about it until they sent me an alert recently (new credit card).

There was a message saying that they tried to charge me $15/month, but failed without payment info. Not sure whether I should just ignore them or do I have to call them to cancel the plan.
May 22, 2004
749 posts
502 upvotes
Montreal
vkizzle wrote: Are you on your 2nd free year?
You can't even view the old reports. I can log in but it's basically useless unless I pay them.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
I didn't think that one has to call them to cancel it. Won't it cancel automatically since it was activated based on a promo code and no credit card info is on file?
Dec 1, 2003
608 posts
250 upvotes
Ottawa
It will cancel automatically; usually 1-2 months after expiration as long you didn't enter a CC number.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
2005 posts
696 upvotes
Montreal
I called in to cancel and as retention offered 1 more month free.. Accepted... One month later called in and cancelled
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
It auto cancels, mine auto canceled.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!