Students

Have you considered an online US or International University?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2017 11:34 am
[OP]
Jul 29, 2007
338 posts
89 upvotes
North America

Have you considered an online US or International University?

Hey, just curious, for those of you who are wanting to continue your education, have you thought about an online US or International University? I am currently finishing up my BSBA degree from an US state university even though I am a Canadian Citizen without dual citizenship or US PR. For the cost, I am also going to be applying for Masters degrees from other US institutions as well, like an MBA or MIS... what about you?
Need advice on anything (college education, flight deals, technology, etc) - PM me

Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
1 reply
Nov 19, 2014
730 posts
199 upvotes
UCLA extension is excellent. Great school, world-class Professors. It's a public university with the resources of a top-notch private university.

Also, tons of name recognition in Canada. University of Toronto and UBC have some name recognition, but people in Ontario aren't that aware of UBC. UCLA has tons of name recognition globally from Toronto to Shanghai to Mumbai. You sit at the bar with Earls King Street with a UCLA hat or shirt on, or an airport bar people won't fail to comment (especially USC alumni).

Even if you're sitting at a Toronto bar there with a UofT shirt, no one will say anything. No one outside of Ontario knows what Schulich is. People outside Ontario will wonder why you spell "Ivey" with an "e". People know what UCLA is though.

I'm At The W, But I Can't Meet You In The Lobby, Girl I Gotta Watch My Back, Cuz I'm Not Just Anybody, I Seen Em' Stand In Line, Just To Get Beside Her, That's When We Disappear, You Need GPS To Find Her, Oh That Was Your Girl? I Thought I Recognized Her."