Shopping Discussion

Have you received your boxing day BestBuy.ca special delivery?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2005 12:09 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 1, 2005
34 posts
Toronto

Have you received your boxing day BestBuy.ca special delivery?

Hello, All.

For those of you who purchased stuff from BestBuy.ca on Boxing day that require special delivery, have you recived your shipment yet??

Thanks!
22 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18098 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
what do you mean by "special delivery"?
Sep 19, 2004
130 posts
big screen tv's and such
i bought the 51" toshiba, nothing yet, they said estimated by january 10th
Feb 23, 2004
223 posts
16 upvotes
I ordered the Samsung 43" DLP TV on the 25th, received a call from BestBuy.ca on 28th that the TV is going to be shipped by Purolator from Burnaby, BC to Toronto. I was given some kind of reference # and that I can call Purolator for tracking purposes. Of course, I can never track it from the Purolator web site nor by phone call becaues the number given to me was not a Purolator PIN#.
Nothing came.

Call them back on the 30th, another CS told me a different story that the TV would be delivered by Futureshop locally (forget about the shipment from BC). And that I should be receiving a confirmation email and a call to setup the special delivery pretty soon.

As of today, no call, no email, but my Order Status from BestBuy.ca now says "Completed" ?!!

Need to call them again tomorrow.
> :(
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2217 posts
75 upvotes
Ottawa
I haven't even gotten my LG GSA-4160B drive yet, and it's not that big of a package! :evil:

~V79~
May 14, 2002
105 posts
19 upvotes
Prince Rupert, BC
I also have a 'special delivery' that has an eta of a week or two. Which is odd, because I live in Burnaby. I think I'll call back and see if I can just pick it up myself. (Although, I'm sure there is some wonderful reason why I can't spend the few minutes it would take to drive to their warehouse.)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7296 posts
250 upvotes
Edmonton
I have a futureshop special delivery that I've been waiting for since Dec. 16, 2004. :(
Oct 25, 2001
97 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't received the one pack of DVD-Rs I ordered... and they might not even be the ones I ordered.
Mar 7, 2003
60 posts
Toronto, Scarborough
Hellfire wrote:I have a futureshop special delivery that I've been waiting for since Dec. 16, 2004. :(
What did you order? A big TV?
[OP]
Jan 1, 2005
34 posts
Toronto
I have ordered the Samsung 43" DLP TV too. I called Bestbuy 2 days ago and they said I should receive an email Monday. And as expected I got no email, so I called again and this time they said the scheduled delivery day is Jan12 (will be shipped by FS), and there is NOTHING they can do to change that day. All I can do is sit and wait for the email....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7296 posts
250 upvotes
Edmonton
supertrf wrote:What did you order? A big TV?
No, a $50 gift card.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2274 posts
170 upvotes
i too purchased the samsung 43 dlp tv. they said the head office should have my tv sometime this week and they will arrange delivery with me.

i used to work at future shop's head office, but this was before they sold online; this whole process is kinda disorganized to say the least.
Mar 7, 2003
60 posts
Toronto, Scarborough
drknockbootz wrote:hey im gettin my panasonic 50 inch on thursday
u are contacted by email or phone call?
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2274 posts
170 upvotes
for me, it was both

supertrf wrote:u are contacted by email or phone call?
× < >