• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2018 5:30 pm
Tags:
Jan 22, 2017
106 posts
14 upvotes
I went ahead and cancelled. I figured $627 per person (x3) is an OK price for Sunday-Saturday (yes we are only there for 6 days/nights) on June 2019 for Winnipeg to Maui (YWG-OGG). I got $350 back in travel credits which I hope we can use in our 2020 trip. I will keep an eye on the prices and will maybe cancel and book again if the savings is worth it even though there is a cancellation fee of $25/person.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4916 posts
650 upvotes
throwawayRFD wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 4:31 am
Not really sure if this needs another new thread so I'll ask here. Cyber Monday sale is on. Is $626 the lowest price for a round trip flight YWG-OGG? Or should I wait for Boxing day sale? First time to Hawaii and unable to find airfare references for YWG-OGG.

EDIT: This is Westjet by the way. I got excited on September and booked @766 so with the $25 cancellation fee, I'll have 115 in travel credits if I get the current sale. So wondering if I should wait and hope for a cheaper fare or not. Trip is around mid June on set days.
Booked my parents with AC a few weeks ago for $540 all in. There was $500 too but was 19hr day vs 12. I did WestJet through Avion points months ago and it was around $650 with WestJet. So your deal wasn't anything special.
Jan 22, 2017
106 posts
14 upvotes
baz5 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 11:49 am
Booked my parents with AC a few weeks ago for $540 all in. There was $500 too but was 19hr day vs 12. I did WestJet through Avion points months ago and it was around $650 with WestJet. So your deal wasn't anything special.
Wow 540 all in is a good deal for YWG to OGG. There's one < $200 but was from YOW and a limited time deal. Thanks for the input, I'll see if prices go down a little bit further towards our flight dates.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4916 posts
650 upvotes
I just bought a power bank to charge phones/tablets etc on the plane. Do I even need this if there are USB ports on the plane? It says one of my planes have plugs and the other just USB. Is that enough? Power bank was only $30 but I don't know if I'll actually use it again.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31491 posts
6126 upvotes
Ottawa
baz5 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 5:38 pm
I just bought a power bank to charge phones/tablets etc on the plane. Do I even need this if there are USB ports on the plane? It says one of my planes have plugs and the other just USB. Is that enough? Power bank was only $30 but I don't know if I'll actually use it again.
Maybe it is just my bad luck but the USB ports on the aircraft just never seem to work. I would get the power bank. It comes in handy. I have used mine a lot lately. I have been using my phone as our primary camera and the battery drains fast so, the pack is useful.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4916 posts
650 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:01 pm
Maybe it is just my bad luck but the USB ports on the aircraft just never seem to work. I would get the power bank. It comes in handy. I have used mine a lot lately. I have been using my phone as our primary camera and the battery drains fast so, the pack is useful.
Yeah I think I'll just keep it. My son has his switch and hopefully can charge that too if we don't really need it for phones.