Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

HBC: Medela Swing Breast Pump $140

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2009 11:13 am
Tags:
None
Oct 2, 2005
232 posts
58 upvotes

[The Bay] HBC: Medela Swing Breast Pump $140

The Medela Swing Breast Pump is on special at the Bay for $140 (regular is $190). Breast pumps hardly ever go on sale anywhere so for $50 off, it seems like a good deal.

Check the current Bay flyer. Offer ends Thursday, May 7, 2009.

And if you can not find it in store, you can always try to price match (at say Zellers?).

(Something seems to be wrong with the link posted even though the link is correct, it goes to ebay.com??? Just go to thebay.com and click "VIEW FLYER" at the top. The current flyer will be the second from the left. Go to page 18 of 24.)
28 replies
Feb 14, 2009
88 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
Looking for one.

Does anyone have any comments about this particular item?
Is it good?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
2864 posts
25 upvotes
Why does the link take me to ebay? (autolinker thinks it's ebay?)
Sep 9, 2005
298 posts
5 upvotes
a provided link to the actual product is appreciated.
btw, will it have any side effect on parent?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
2864 posts
25 upvotes
It's RFD's autolinker, it thinks the link is for ebay. Anyone know which flyer this is in? There's a few different flyers on the site.

Here's the link to Babie's R Us with reviews...

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=2690689

^^^ Edit... Doh, turk posted the TRU link already.

Does anyone know the return policy on these things if unopened? I know some places don't allow returns on breast pumps for obvious reasons. Baby's not coming for a while but this is a good price for Canada. Might buy now and think about it later. :D

Edit again: Found the flyer page. Thanks OP!

[IMG]http://thebay.flyerservices.com/cached_ ... 14AP18.jpg[/IMG]
Feb 14, 2009
88 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
Phat$ wrote: Same here, whats up with that?
The link doesn't work.
You gotta go to thebay site and look up the online flyer.
You can't really post a link directly to the online flyer....
I tried to get a better picture of it but failed...
Dec 1, 2007
507 posts
252 upvotes
Take the flyer into BABIESRUS and PM the deal and I believe they beat it by an extra 10%.... :lol: (correct me if I'm wrong)
Apr 26, 2004
611 posts
Medela pumps are generally good.

My wife have "pump in style" model, we use it since the baby's 2nd week to now 3 months old. I wish to have gotten "free style" as it free up my wife to do other things (like surfing web).

So decide what you are using it for, Swing is good for travel. Otherwise, you spend too much time.
Feb 6, 2007
760 posts
264 upvotes
The Swing is an electric single pump. It's meant for occasional pumping, but I used mine daily to pump exclusively. If you're going to pump exclusively, it's better to get a more powerful hospital grade double pump (I bought mine fully intending to BF, but it didn't work out and didn't want to shell out more money for a double). For what it is, it's actually quite a good pump. It's small and portable. It can be a bit loud, but then again, it does have a motor. Cheapest I've seen in Canada is the Birth Experience for about $160 I think. Pumps cannot be returned once the box has been opened for hygienic reasons.
Dec 8, 2001
890 posts
216 upvotes
Ancaster
WalnutCrunch wrote: "Baby's not coming for a while but this is a good price for Canada. Might buy now and think about it later."
I'd recommend holding off on getting a breast pump until your baby is born. We have a new born and have learned the hard way that breastfeeding is not such a natural experience. The breastfeeding Nazis at the hospital will likely tell you that BF is the only way to go but when if your baby doesn’t learn to latch properly and keeps dropping pound after pound in weight, like ours did, then you will likely need to go to formula. The associated guilt tripping and emotional pressure on the mother is unbelievable.

After your baby is born and has learned to latch, you can rent a hospital grade breast pump from the hospital or you local Shoppers Drugmart. I believe that they run about a $1 day.

There Are 2 things to consider also.

The Medela pumping system siphons the milk through the tubes and pump, requiring frequent and tedious cleaning.

The Ameda pumping system uses air for suction and the milk is siphoned directly into storage containers or baby bottles requiring much less maintenance and cleanup. You can also pick up and Ameda unit from Kijiji and not have to worry about somebody else’s goo being left behind.
Aug 26, 2005
411 posts
1323 upvotes
Toronto
Got the Medela dual pump for my wife (I think it's the Harmony) paid $350 for it, she used for a week and now it's just sitting collecting dust...like a true RFD'er i tried to return it (even though i knew they wouldn't)...still pissed!

Now that i let that out of my system...I think Medela pumps are one of the best in the Market and that's a good price for the Swing.
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
11102 posts
1342 upvotes
Georgetown
This thread is useless without pics :lol:
4chan melts your brain.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3467 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
This pump was crap for us. Quickly dumped it for an Ameda Purely Yours pump - less expensive and WAY better.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1074 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
Busiu wrote: you can rent a hospital grade breast pump from the hospital or you local Shoppers Drugmart. I believe that they run about a $1 day.

This is what my wife and I did in 2007. We bought a pump at first, used it for a couple of days and it sucked (no pun intended) when compared to the hospital grade pump my wife used in the hospital. When we asked the doctor for pump recommendations he told us about renting it from SDM which was right in the hospital. You get brand new steralized pieces (tubes, nipple latch etc. basically everything that comes in contact with the milk/breast) and for just a couple bucks a day you have a hospital grade unit. Works out to a lot less than buying a unit that will end up collecting dust after a little while.
Nov 24, 2006
721 posts
145 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
Phat$ wrote: This is what my wife and I did in 2007. We bought a pump at first, used it for a couple of days and it sucked (no pun intended) when compared to the hospital grade pump my wife used in the hospital. When we asked the doctor for pump recommendations he told us about renting it from SDM which was right in the hospital. You get brand new steralized pieces (tubes, nipple latch etc. basically everything that comes in contact with the milk/breast) and for just a couple bucks a day you have a hospital grade unit. Works out to a lot less than buying a unit that will end up collecting dust after a little while.

That's what I did as well. I had an avent Isis pump (hand pump, no motor) and I rented the Medela hospital grade double pump (think it ended up being about 50$ for a month). The Medela pump was great and expressed a lot of milk, but not noticeably faster or more than the Isis hand pump, which was I believe only 50$ total. I think if you're going to be pumping from time to time (for spouse to do night feedings etc) then I'd recommend the Isis manual pump over electric, it's much easier to clean and it's of course quiet.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
4684 posts
24739 upvotes
Canada
thelastknight wrote: The Medela Swing Breast Pump is on special at the Bay for $140 (regular is $190). Breast pumps hardly ever go on sale anywhere so for $50 off, it seems like a good deal.

Check the current Bay flyer. Offer ends Thursday, May 7, 2009.

And if you can not find it in store, you can always try to price match (at say Zellers?).

(Something seems to be wrong with the link posted even though the link is correct, it goes to ebay.com??? Just go to thebay.com and click "VIEW FLYER" at the top. The current flyer will be the second from the left. Go to page 18 of 24.)
Don't forget if you use your HBC Credit Card tomorrow only, you can save an additional 15% off. Its for all childrens and infants items. It's in the flyer too above the ad.
Aug 10, 2006
4 posts
I bought my wife the Mipump single electric pump by The First Years at Zellers a couple weeks ago for $74.97. Does anyone have any experience with this model?

It runs off a socket or batteries and was the least expensive electric pump I've found.

Our Baby is still in progress (1 week overdue) so we haven't had an opportunity to try it out (It's still sealed in the box...I mean the breast pump is still sealed in the box).
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
danfromwaterloo wrote: This thread is useless without pics :lol:
hahaha... i knew s/b was gonna say that eventually :lol:
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!