Entertainment

HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals' (Danny McBride & Walton Goggins) will only have two seasons

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 1:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5546 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Gotta say that S2 is better than 1.

King Ding-a-Ling!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4450 posts
747 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 11:15 pm
Gotta say that S2 is better than 1.

King Ding-a-Ling!
Last couple episodes have been particularly good.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4450 posts
747 upvotes
Bump - anyone else watching this? It’s actually getting pretty good. Has some unexpected depth.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26151 posts
6049 upvotes
GTHA
Series finale tonight...

"Finale of two-season dark-comedy series about rival vice principals at North Jackson High School promises a wild finish, revealing who shot and wounded Neal Gamby and the school coming to a startling end."
from https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainm ... hefs-life/
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5546 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Darkly comedic ending to a strong-2 season series!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2404 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:20 am
Darkly comedic ending to a strong-2 season series!
This Russell is alive or dead?

The ending makes it seem vague, with the glance at the empty chair.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5546 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:59 am
This Russell is alive or dead?

The ending makes it seem vague, with the glance at the empty chair.
Russell is definitely alive - his injuries were mostly to his hand and he was carried out - plus you see him talking to a staff member at his new retail job.

IMO the empty chair symbolizes the fact that Gamby has progressed on in his educational career, while Russell went into a different career field due to what happened while he was principal/his marriage ending.
Gamby and Russell are no longer friends, even though they both carer for each other - the empty chair shows the loss of their friendship
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2404 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:07 pm
Russell is definitely alive - his injuries were mostly to his hand and he was carried out - plus you see him talking to a staff member at his new retail job.

IMO the empty chair symbolizes the fact that Gamby has progressed on in his educational career, while Russell went into a different career field due to what happened while he was principal/his marriage ending.
Gamby and Russell are no longer friends, even though they both carer for each other - the empty chair shows the loss of their friendship
I think it could be that this is what Gamby envisions would have been Russel's life.

The ending was very The Dark Knight Returns.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5546 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:21 pm
I think it could be that this is what Gamby envisions would have been Russel's life.

The ending was very The Dark Knight Returns.
I don't see how that is the case b/c Gamby wasn't the one who was in trouble before the graduation/tiger ordeal - Russell and his life were.
Gamby's life was doing OK.

Either way, great show!

Loved how they brought Stevie Janowski in for a cameo :)