• Jan 7th, 2023 3:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1803 posts
851 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
jerryhung wrote: Poor EQB, -23% as well (day range $57.44-$45.01)
I think this has some to do with the fact Cohodes was right about CXR and HCG...so now EQB shareholders are worried
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
7113 posts
9300 upvotes
Good day to test temperament. I'm not doing anything. Risks are mounting, but I don't sell on news, so I'll need more than that to sell and move on. Obvioisly that adds extra risk, but that's what a diversified is for (and why I have 62 Canadian companies and about 100 US companies).

Like C or BAC, HCG might never recover, but I will take more time to decide what to do.

Time will tell the importance of cash flow, and another example of how a company growing earnings can sill go bankrupt. Time will tell.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:
Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Going all in!!!!.... for another big150 shares @ $7.0 lol
Jun 28, 2016
284 posts
151 upvotes
Started HCG and EQB. Both are about 2% of portfolio now. Let's see how this goes.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
7113 posts
9300 upvotes
Sanyo wrote: Hey guys what did I say two weeks ago -- this is the Lehman of Canada

Rod brac didnt believe me... everyone should listen to me now on this board you could have made A TON OF MONEY shorting this.

If your long get out it's going to... ZERO

Thanks
It's not a question of believing or not believing in what anyone says. I built my wealth by looking into numbers and never made a decision on news. Investing is a business, and like every business, there will be losses. This won't be the first one and won't be the last one. I've always said that there were risks, and 2008 showed me that numbers are more important than opinions.

This might go to zero indeed, but I don't agree with making decisions on news. More often than not it would be driven by emotions and locking unecessary losses.

Since this was a trading opportunity... do you
have a methodology for consistently making a ton of money?

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:
Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
298 posts
190 upvotes
Next excitement: how low will EQB go today?
Banned
Jul 18, 2016
2014 posts
786 upvotes
boyohboy wrote: Going all in!!!!.... for another big150 shares @ $7.0 lol
Yes, me too. A whopping 200 shares at $7.1
Jul 11, 2015
371 posts
195 upvotes
edmonton, ab
u guys think first national dropped today cause the spillover from this? quarterly results say revenue is up.....
~You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.~
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
jointedhornet wrote: u guys think first national dropped today cause the spillover from this? quarterly results say revenue is up.....
Definitely overall sentiment
Banned
Jul 18, 2016
2014 posts
786 upvotes
bewiseman wrote: Yes, me too. A whopping 200 shares at $7.1
Damn! 15 minutes and I've already lost a case of beer. Not fair! Not fair! :)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2009
1370 posts
381 upvotes
HOLY EQ is down 20% really??? Do we think this is real?
Dec 12, 2016
135 posts
115 upvotes
Greater Canada
PunPryde wrote: HOLY EQ is down 20% really??? Do we think this is real?
It's real. The fraud at the alternative lenders is endemic. This is Canada's Lehman.
Advocate For The Removal Of Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) From Canada's Water Supply
Jul 23, 2007
187 posts
37 upvotes
York
What is the inter-relationship between EQ bank and HCG?
KhalidA wrote: It's real. The fraud at the alternative lenders is endemic. This is Canada's Lehman.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1939 posts
2939 upvotes
Burlington, ON
KhalidA wrote: It's real. The fraud at the alternative lenders is endemic. This is Canada's Lehman.
Why do you feel this way? AFAIK this situation is caused by a bank run due to HCG's depositors losing faith in their ability to remain liquid, and that seems to spill over to EQB. Do you have a different take?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2280 posts
991 upvotes
Toronto
Equitable Group Inc.
TSE: EQB - Apr 26, 1:13 PM EDT
40.10CAD Price decrease 19.52 (32.74%)
What are the chances that the "regulator" forced the same kind of deal as HCG got on them?
Dec 12, 2016
135 posts
115 upvotes
Greater Canada
Gungnir wrote: Why do you feel this way? AFAIK this situation is caused by a bank run due to HCG's depositors losing faith in their ability to remain liquid, and that seems to spill over to EQB. Do you have a different take?
The fraudsters who worked at HCG (including some SENIOR mortgage originators) now work at EQ bank. They aren't doing any income verification. People with little-reported income are getting fat mortgages. It's completely endemic.

They are inextricably linked.
Advocate For The Removal Of Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) From Canada's Water Supply

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)