Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

HD Burlington - $0.99 Top Soil

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2009 10:09 am
Tags:
None
Apr 19, 2008
388 posts
15 upvotes
Burlington

[Home Depot] HD Burlington - $0.99 Top Soil

The Home Depot on Guelph Line in Burlington still has several pallets of the $.99 top soil that was on sale this past weekend. They are in the front entrance to the store. I was there tonight at about 9:30pm and there were at least 2 full pallets left.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2003
1325 posts
35 upvotes
I like how Rona decided to steal Home Depot's thunder... Home Depot sets a low price, makes it early on a Saturday so that everyone needs to A) get up early and B) fight with other customers to get it and C) deal with the limited number you can buy. So, Rona decides to beat the price and make it available to everyone all week long and increase the limit. End result, given the choice, I'll get it from Rona... added bonus = its a canadian company. End result, HD has stock left.

Having to go shop on a Saturday is a sure way to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day... There are no one in these stores on weekday evenings...
Apr 19, 2008
388 posts
15 upvotes
Burlington
cheap_guy wrote: I like how Rona decided to steal Home Depot's thunder... Home Depot sets a low price, makes it early on a Saturday so that everyone needs to A) get up early and B) fight with other customers to get it and C) deal with the limited number you can buy. So, Rona decides to beat the price and make it available to everyone all week long and increase the limit. End result, given the choice, I'll get it from Rona... added bonus = its a canadian company. End result, HD has stock left.

Having to go shop on a Saturday is a sure way to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day... There are no one in these stores on weekday evenings...
I was one of those getting up at 6:30 to get to HD for 7am so I could pick up the top soil as well as the patio set they had advertised. When I went back around 9am, it looked like the topsoil was sold out so I don't know what happened and why they still have these pallets. People were lined up at 7am when I got there.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
The Rona soil was marketed by Scott's and in a 28.3L bag versus the 25L bag at HD. Other places are selling 20L bags, so beware!