Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

HD Clearance: Granite Counter Kitchen Cart $379 NOW $190! YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2013 2:46 pm
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10217 posts
1634 upvotes
GTA
biznatch wrote: Think I'm taking out too much cross bracing if I don't install the wine rack (Part B & C)??

Would rather have an open space there - maybe for a mixer or something.

Based on the pic, it doesn't look like the wine rack is bearing the weight... Looks like the outer box is and the other sides... I would say it is worth a shot... If anything add an extra support on the side of those two panels.
Nov 4, 2003
701 posts
96 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Based on the pic, it doesn't look like the wine rack is bearing the weight... Looks like the outer box is and the other sides... I would say it is worth a shot... If anything add an extra support on the side of those two panels.
Exactly what I'm thinking now that I've opened the box and looked at the parts. It *might* be a little less supported laterally - but will just remember to not push the cart around too much by the granite.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1255 posts
292 upvotes
Edmonton
polishpirate wrote: Edmonton strathcona has 5 same with south common. Called an checked with a rep. Was goin to buy but a under 1000 sq ft house u gotta be super picky... For 150 this would be setup in the garage no question lol.
Edmonton Strathcona only had one box left by the display unit and I grabbed it FYI for anyone. Not sure if that's where they were keeping the rest of them. Display unit looked in pretty good shape but you'd probably need a truck without a box cap to take it home.
Jul 14, 2009
800 posts
96 upvotes
Melkor wrote: Thank you sir! I went up to the Mountain HD and they had no stock, but it said 5 in Ancaster. When I left, they had the display (which was destroyed) and one box left. Great deal!!!! Thanks to you and the OP!
Purchased one last night over the phone with credit card. Just received a call asking if I picked it up already cause it was taken from the store. Think you may have my cart... #@$%in Home Depot.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
razzel wrote: Purchased one last night over the phone with credit card. Just received a call asking if I picked it up already cause it was taken from the store. Think you may have my cart... #@$%in Home Depot.
That's BS! I'd complain and ask for a gift card. When I paid for mine today there was two on the shelf and the display. I pulled mine off the shelf and paid and had it put out in the green house with my name and transaction number on it. By the time I went to pick up tonight the other one they had was down and had a pick up sticker on it The junked display also had "sold" on it. This sounds to me like lazy ***** HD employees didn't want to move it for you and put a sold tag on it! You really should complain!
Jul 14, 2009
800 posts
96 upvotes
Melkor wrote: That's BS! I'd complain and ask for a gift card. When I paid for mine today there was two on the shelf and the display. I pulled mine off the shelf and paid and had it put out in the green house with my name and transaction number on it. By the time I went to pick up tonight the other one they had was down and had a pick up sticker on it The junked display also had "sold" on it. This sounds to me like lazy ***** HD employees didn't want to move it for you and put a sold tag on it! You really should complain!
Definitely will be. Looks like stock is low in other stores, not sure I'll have any luck getting one. I'll update with what happens, also took over 30 minutes to get someone on the phone last night to top it all off.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
razzel wrote: Definitely will be. Looks like stock is low in other stores, not sure I'll have any luck getting one. I'll update with what happens, also took over 30 minutes to get someone on the phone last night to top it all off.
There's none in Hamilton, but according to the computer they looked it up on for me today, the St. Catharines store had 18...I would try and get it delivered to the Ancaster store for free OR ask them to heavily discount it for you.
Dec 24, 2002
374 posts
16 upvotes
Newmarket had 5 boxes... I picked one up and just put it together... not bad for the price...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
jimmydean60 wrote: I saw the display. I think all that can be salvaged from that is the counter top. Looks like too many people have bashed their buggy into that display!
Yeah it was pretty much junk... I can't believe it had a "sold" sticker on it when I picked it up tonight. I wonder what the buyer ended up paying for it? Anyways, you're right the counter top is pretty much all that was worth salvaging on that.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1255 posts
292 upvotes
Edmonton
How long did it take you guys to put this together? Took me 2 hours to get to step 8.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
DeeWayne wrote: How long did it take you guys to put this together? Took me 2 hours to get to step 8.
I took mine Out of the box last night, but didn't assemble it. I think I'll tackle that this morning! I'm sure it will take me all day lol
Nov 4, 2003
701 posts
96 upvotes
No doubt, took me half an hour just to unpack the box and discard all the super soft, incredibly static cling packing foam that ended up everywhere.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1255 posts
292 upvotes
Edmonton
biznatch wrote: No doubt, took me half an hour just to unpack the box and discard all the super soft, incredibly static cling packing foam that ended up everywhere.
hahaha....that was a huge pain in the ***** . Made me reconsider the display model. Especially when I'm on step 8 now where I have to measure and insert my own screws for the doors without pre drilled holes.

Gonna be a fun finishing this thing tonight ...Beer me haha
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
DeeWayne wrote: hahaha....that was a huge pain in the ***** . Made me reconsider the display model. Especially when I'm on step 8 now where I have to measure and insert my own screws for the doors without pre drilled holes.

Gonna be a fun finishing this thing tonight ...Beer me haha
Oh I hated that part.

I found some of the predrilled holes didn't even line up well.
So when the door part came up, it didn't line up perfectly.

I had to loosen the screws on the base and push it one way to line up the doors.
Then I tightened them again.
Jul 15, 2009
619 posts
158 upvotes
Would this look good in the center of a kitchen? I.e. are all sides finished / look nice?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1255 posts
292 upvotes
Edmonton
canadiankorean wrote: Oh I hated that part.

I found some of the predrilled holes didn't even line up well.
So when the door part came up, it didn't line up perfectly.

I had to loosen the screws on the base and push it one way to line up the doors.
Then I tightened them again.
The screws on the base where you attach the base to the wine rack portion needed alot of force to make the holes line up. Maybe why this thing is on sale lol.......The finished product does look sweet though. Hope mine looks as good when I finish tonight lol
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1255 posts
292 upvotes
Edmonton
dvsrydin wrote: Would this look good in the center of a kitchen? I.e. are all sides finished / look nice?
The back is meant to be the back. Some portions are rough on the back so you'd have to sand and stain to use this in the center of a room.
Feb 12, 2012
111 posts
28 upvotes
BRANTFORD
I can not find the dimensions of this product anywhere. Could anyone help me here?

*nevermind. It appears that I missed it noted in OP*

Thanks for the details.
Nov 9, 2009
253 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
just grabbed one of these in st. catharines, inventory still said 18, I bought one
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
the granite part is 48 inches by 18inches
or roughly that size

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)