[Home Depot] HD Clearance: Granite Counter Kitchen Cart $379 NOW $190! YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2013 2:46 pm
Nov 4, 2003
590 posts
31 upvotes
mook32 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 11:10 pm
Any chance someone has seen any of these in Calgary?
I picked one up today at Chinook - still 3 left on the shelf. No others in the south - North Hill has 9, Tuscany has 7, Country Hills has 11 (according to their system).
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1699 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
what kind of wood? Solid? Pressed board?? Anyone know......... thanks
Jan 26, 2010
273 posts
55 upvotes
DeeWayne wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 4:40 pm
+1
Edmonton strathcona has 5 same with south common. Called an checked with a rep. Was goin to buy but a under 1000 sq ft house u gotta be super picky... For 150 this would be setup in the garage no question lol.
Nov 4, 2003
590 posts
31 upvotes
Think I'm taking out too much cross bracing if I don't install the wine rack (Part B & C)??

Would rather have an open space there - maybe for a mixer or something.

Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3021 posts
802 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'm a little late to the party but are any of these left in Hamilton?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5771 posts
749 upvotes
frankmp wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 7:56 pm
what kind of wood? Solid? Pressed board?? Anyone know......... thanks
My dad says it's both.
More of it is pressed board though.
Aug 29, 2010
94 posts
152 upvotes
Hamilton
Melkor wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:39 pm
I'm a little late to the party but are any of these left in Hamilton?
Picked one up a week ago at the Ancaster store. Not sure if they are still left. Had 5 or 6 last week.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3021 posts
802 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
jimmydean60 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 11:55 am
Picked one up a week ago at the Ancaster store. Not sure if they are still left. Had 5 or 6 last week.
Thank you sir! I went up to the Mountain HD and they had no stock, but it said 5 in Ancaster. When I left, they had the display (which was destroyed) and one box left. Great deal!!!! Thanks to you and the OP!
Dec 28, 2004
633 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal
Saw it last week at Homedepot centre Laval, 2 in stock last week ! It's worth the 190$ for sure !
Aug 29, 2010
94 posts
152 upvotes
Hamilton
Melkor wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 1:50 pm
Thank you sir! I went up to the Mountain HD and they had no stock, but it said 5 in Ancaster. When I left, they had the display (which was destroyed) and one box left. Great deal!!!! Thanks to you and the OP!
I saw the display. I think all that can be salvaged from that is the counter top. Looks like too many people have bashed their buggy into that display!
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8636 posts
603 upvotes
GTA
biznatch wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:16 pm
Think I'm taking out too much cross bracing if I don't install the wine rack (Part B & C)??

Would rather have an open space there - maybe for a mixer or something.

Based on the pic, it doesn't look like the wine rack is bearing the weight... Looks like the outer box is and the other sides... I would say it is worth a shot... If anything add an extra support on the side of those two panels.
Nov 4, 2003
590 posts
31 upvotes
YLSF wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 4:21 pm
Based on the pic, it doesn't look like the wine rack is bearing the weight... Looks like the outer box is and the other sides... I would say it is worth a shot... If anything add an extra support on the side of those two panels.
Exactly what I'm thinking now that I've opened the box and looked at the parts. It *might* be a little less supported laterally - but will just remember to not push the cart around too much by the granite.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1057 posts
195 upvotes
Edmonton
polishpirate wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 9:36 pm
Edmonton strathcona has 5 same with south common. Called an checked with a rep. Was goin to buy but a under 1000 sq ft house u gotta be super picky... For 150 this would be setup in the garage no question lol.
Edmonton Strathcona only had one box left by the display unit and I grabbed it FYI for anyone. Not sure if that's where they were keeping the rest of them. Display unit looked in pretty good shape but you'd probably need a truck without a box cap to take it home.
Jul 14, 2009
256 posts
21 upvotes
Melkor wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 1:50 pm
Purchased one last night over the phone with credit card. Just received a call asking if I picked it up already cause it was taken from the store. Think you may have my cart... #@$%in Home Depot.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3021 posts
802 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
razzel wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 7:49 pm
Purchased one last night over the phone with credit card. Just received a call asking if I picked it up already cause it was taken from the store. Think you may have my cart... #@$%in Home Depot.
That's BS! I'd complain and ask for a gift card. When I paid for mine today there was two on the shelf and the display. I pulled mine off the shelf and paid and had it put out in the green house with my name and transaction number on it. By the time I went to pick up tonight the other one they had was down and had a pick up sticker on it The junked display also had "sold" on it. This sounds to me like lazy ***** HD employees didn't want to move it for you and put a sold tag on it! You really should complain!
× < >