Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Garage

HD: Clopay Premium Series 9x7 Garage Door 2000SP - 179$

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2012 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal

[Garage] HD: Clopay Premium Series 9x7 Garage Door 2000SP - 179$

I bought this a month back, was a Special Buy at 299$ and a pretty good price already.

This garage door is now down to 254.15+tx$

3-layers construction
2-inch
R6.5 insulation
This door is the same as their Model 2050 which sells for 339.15$ (originally 399$)
The only difference is the sheet metal gauge used... one is 28gauge and the other 26gauge I believe.

8x7
9x7

EDIT: the 9'x7' door is now 179$
the 8'x7' is dead
9 replies
Jul 14, 2005
673 posts
154 upvotes
Task514 wrote: I bought this a month back, was a Special Buy at 299$ and a pretty good price already.

This garage door is now down to 254.15+tx$

3-layers construction
2-inch
R6.5 insulation
This door is the same as their Model 2050 which sells for 339.15$ (originally 399$)
The only difference is the sheet metal gauge used... one is 28gauge and the other 26gauge I believe.

8x7
9x7
I think these come with extension springs right? (not torsion springs)
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
2266 posts
325 upvotes
London
Remember saw it in local store yesterday for even cheaper. Can't recall the price but must be cheaper than online. Just like RYOBI tools for $59 in store but $79 online.
No external links in signatures.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2256 posts
652 upvotes
I also looked into these a month ago but did not purchase them. Although at $299 I though it was good price, it is HD reg price so I felt I could wait.

OP Did you install these yourself, or did you hire someone and how much did they charge? Maybe you could also comment on the quality etc. I had inquired with a HD sales person about the type of springs these doors use and other questions but he really did not know anything about the doors.

Thanks
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
These have the extension springs...

I haven't installed them yet... but will be doing it myself.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
fatpiggy wrote: Is the instruction manual good enough for DIY? Any special tools needed?
Depends on the DIY-er... instructions are good for people that are somewhat handy.
Yes there are some tools needed. Your can checkout the Clopay's website for a sample installation instructions (they don't list the 2000SP model).
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2256 posts
652 upvotes
Task514 wrote: These have the extension springs...

I haven't installed them yet... but will be doing it myself.
This Clopay Youtube video may be helpful.
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Dec 5, 2006
19 posts
1 upvote
Oakville
I bought one and installed it. The big issue is to remove the old one. In my case is read some on the web about removing torsion springs. A lot of warnings about that. But it was easier than I thought. Important tool for me was a cordless driver; helped a lot removing old door, hardware, rails, etc, also very useful for assembling and installing new door. The manual advise about 9 hours total for removing old one and installing new door; is not too unrealistic. It can be done quicker. I removed the old onein say 2-3 hours (Sat morning), preassemblied section in other 2-3 hours in afternoon. Temporary secured bottom 3 section in the opening for overnight. Sunday morning in2-3 hours I had the rails up, screwed, adjusted. Then Monday afternoon in 1-2 hours i had the springs installed, adjusted, old opener connected to new door, and installed one of the handles. Compared with my 19 years old wooden door, this one is light, less noisy, way better. I just have to paint the exterior now.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
The 9'x7' door is now 179$

This is a steal really!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)