Expired Hot Deals

[Always] HD: Dubeau Hardwood Flooring - Maple (Royal Java) $2.99/sq ft!

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2015 10:40 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 28, 2006
517 posts
66 upvotes

[Always] HD: Dubeau Hardwood Flooring - Maple (Royal Java) $2.99/sq ft!

More offers from Always
HD Markham Rd and 14th Ave location has Dubeau Maple (Royal Java colour) on sale for $2.99/sq ft!! This looks to be a special buy in-store, so they are not always advertised.
This is a hot price IMHO, since anyone who shops for hardwood flooring knows that good Canadian maple flooring is hard to find under $5.00/sq ft.
Some might recall I raved about HD having Mistral maple hardwood flooring price-reduced to $3.29/sq ft a couple months ago, which was hot at the time.

Dubeau is a Canadian brand, so all wood is made in Canada, and easily one of HD's best brands for flooring, if not THE best. There was one box open, so I checked out some planks, and the wood quality looks excellent (easily a step up from the Mistral maple I bought myself...so I am pretty regretful, even though I got 15% off my entire hardwood purchase).

I also checked out the HD at Markham Rd and Bur Oak, and saw the same Dubeau maple on sale, but for $3.29/sq ft, so it may vary store-to-store.
21 replies
Oct 19, 2009
637 posts
43 upvotes
I install hardwood and this is one of the best hardwood brands you could buy, the other is Model. If this is select and better, this is flaming hot. Even for natural or pacific lengths, it's still hot.

Definitely call your store to see if they have this hardwood at this price.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2054 posts
234 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry, newb question -- if colour is specified as above, that means it's pre-finished, right? Does it come in individual strips?

Thanks for the post OP.
Apr 17, 2005
419 posts
25 upvotes
While far from the best hardwood flooring, at half the price of Vintage and other 'premium' brands, this Dubeau is a pretty good value while on sale. The last Debeau hardwood I installed had a lot of short pieces, but there were very few ugly/reject pieces and the finished floor looks really nice. The stuff I got is also maple and it's holding up to my kids' abuse very well.
Oct 19, 2009
637 posts
43 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2010 5:44 pm
Sorry, newb question -- if colour is specified as above, that means it's pre-finished, right? Does it come in individual strips?

Thanks for the post OP.
Yes they are prefinished
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1182 posts
194 upvotes
Calgary
anyone see this in calgary?
:lol:

Calgary, AB
Jul 30, 2003
809 posts
42 upvotes
Can this be installed in a basement?
Jul 18, 2005
728 posts
100 upvotes
What are the width of the planks?
Sep 15, 2008
55 posts
6 upvotes
Does anyone have a link for this product? I'm trying to figure out what color it is, and what the grain is like.
Jul 3, 2002
319 posts
9 upvotes
Miguel wrote:
Jun 24th, 2010 2:18 am
Can this be installed in a basement?
Not recommended....

Basement tends to be more damp...Floods,leaks will distroy it.
Hardwood and water do not mix...

If you want hardwood in the basement, bamboo/laminates are your best bet
Google for this...

I had bought some debau from HD last year.
My comments are:
-some boxes have good woods, but lots of them were not straight...So becareful.
Some wood was a bit too dry (cracked when nailing them)

I ended up wasting lots of wood, or save them for the ends...

My suggestion is to by 25%-30% more (you can always return unopen boxes)
Be more selective...Price is great.
Jul 25, 2005
364 posts
33 upvotes
Can anyone tell me how to find out what colour Royal Java is, without going into the store?
[OP]
Dec 28, 2006
517 posts
66 upvotes
hardness wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2010 10:48 pm
Yes they are prefinished
+1
Delroy666 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2010 9:49 pm
While far from the best hardwood flooring, at half the price of Vintage and other 'premium' brands, this Dubeau is a pretty good value while on sale. The last Debeau hardwood I installed had a lot of short pieces, but there were very few ugly/reject pieces and the finished floor looks really nice. The stuff I got is also maple and it's holding up to my kids' abuse very well.
agreed.

I am a big fan of the official hardwood flooring thread on RFD (with it's resident expert and thread starter, patrob), as I read that thread almost daily.
So I am well aware of the several recommendations for Vintage and Mirage. You are definitely not buying Vintage or Mirage hardwood here at Home Depot. But we aren't all rich and prepared to buy 1000+ sq ft of maple hardwood at $7-$10 per sq ft.

Dubeau is IMHO a premium Canadian brand of hardwood flooring at Home Depot (let alone any of the big box hardware stores, and even several hardwood retailers). If you ask me, u get this quality of hardwood you'll be smiling just fine :)
nuch wrote:
Jun 24th, 2010 8:08 am
What are the width of the planks?
sorry forgot to mention details: 3 1/4" width, 3/4" thickness, random lengths in box (dunno the range of the random lengths, but I assume between 12"-48" roughly)...comes in boxes of 20 sq ft of wood per box.
adiuvat wrote:
Jun 24th, 2010 9:58 am
Does anyone have a link for this product? I'm trying to figure out what color it is, and what the grain is like.
Royal Java is a dark brown basically, and grain is very fine (little to no grain).
Jul 19, 2007
153 posts
14 upvotes
Saskatoon
Quick question. When you buy prestained hardwood like this, what are the options for refinishing? I know maple doesn't stain well, so can you sand off all the old stain and have a light floor the second time, or do you have to restain or do you try not to sand it at all?
Jul 11, 2005
881 posts
27 upvotes
I checked it out at HD last night, it looks pretty beautiful but i am not sure how solid it is. I ran my fingernail through it and it did leave a mark. Can someone really confirm the quality? I mean if fingernail can leave a mark then isn't it bad quality?
May 26, 2003
161 posts
3 upvotes
I hate to poo poo this deal, but the regular price for these hardwood flooring is $3.30 so basically you are getting 10% off.

I was talking to the person working at HD and he was saying that they have this deal going on every couple weeks.

Awesome hardwood flooring though, that's for sure.
× < >