Expired Hot Deals

[Always] HD: HDX 5 shelf resin storage unit $25 black version (white/grey version $37)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2013 5:57 pm
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14252 posts
580 upvotes
Scarborough

[Always] HD: HDX 5 shelf resin storage unit $25 black version (white/grey version $37)

More offers from Always
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/5-shelf ... nit/940368

I just picked this up from my home depot for $25. It's not listed on the website as being on sale but it is in the eflyer. It took me a while to find it instore because it's not stocked with the rest of the shelving aisle, it's in the front near the entrance along with all the other sale items. There were still two skids in stock when I went.

This is a great shelf for putting in a condo storage locker to get organized. it's size is perfect i'm actually going to be using it to store my winter tires since this is the most efficient use of space in that tight space. For people living in houses, this could serve well in the garage also.

The resin material was not as strong as I hoped but it should still hold up to about 150lbs per shelf. If not I can always return it.

This is a great deal considering I was about to spend $100+ at Costco for a steel/cardboard shelf of similar size.

I'm replacing this with a $80 shelf I bought from Canadian Tire about 2 years ago that has now failed due to its flimsy shelves.
MOONBOX M3S:Group Buy | User Thread
H.TVBox 3 Group Buy | User Thread
TVPad4 | User Thread

ONE PLUS 3 GRAPHITE VERSION $650 obo

22 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14252 posts
580 upvotes
Scarborough
unfortunately, my race tires are too think and the shelves are too thick for me to put 2 wheels per shelf... but it still does the trick, much stronger than the alumnium shelf I had before!
TVPad4 | User Thread

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14252 posts
580 upvotes
Scarborough
simplylgg wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:38 am
which store you saw them at?
mine was scarborough on ellesmere near warden
you can go on home depot and enter postal code to pull up the eflyer which will show you whether your store has it on sale or not
TVPad4 | User Thread

Oct 24, 2005
884 posts
14 upvotes
Winnipeg
Something similar is regular price $29 or a few bucks less at Costco.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1551 posts
424 upvotes
Prince George
The Canadian Tire one listed is 75 lbs per shelf, 32"w x 14"d. The one in the OP is 36"w x 18"d and is rated for 150 lb per shelf. The bigger one is a much better value if you can get it for $25 IMHO. It's $37 at my location.

I have bought the Costco ones before and they're pretty good too.
May 11, 2007
482 posts
229 upvotes
Kitchener
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 2:49 am
The Canadian Tire one listed is 75 lbs per shelf, 32"w x 14"d. The one in the OP is 36"w x 18"d and is rated for 150 lb per shelf. The bigger one is a much better value if you can get it for $25 IMHO. It's $37 at my location.

I have bought the Costco ones before and they're pretty good too.
You have to go and look for them in seasonal session. I had hard time finding them, till i got hold of someone working there. Anyways the one's that is listed for $25 bucks, doenst look that strong, so ended up buying the HDX white for $37 which are very duty.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9348 posts
2769 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for the post, OP. I am looking for a couple of these to organize my garage and will try to price match Rona tomorrow when they have the 15% off any item promo

No wonder Rona is struggling, who wants to pay $89.99 for this?

http://www.rona.ca/en/rack---5-level-shelf-rack
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2020 posts
1468 upvotes
Paradise
Picked up two of these tonight at the St John's, NL location, they had 3 remaining. Not in the home location, they are out front of the appliance section.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6684 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
CT has a 5 shelf resin for $25 plus min $5 off for scratch & save Saturday. Costco as mentioned has it for $30ish
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9348 posts
2769 upvotes
Ottawa
matdwyer wrote:
Jun 14th, 2013 8:21 pm
CT has a 5 shelf resin for $25 plus min $5 off for scratch & save Saturday. Costco as mentioned has it for $30ish
Just a quick note that while the CT one is a good deal (with the scratch card), it's a smaller unit and each shelf can only handle 75lbs. As opposed to 150lbs for the HD/Rona one

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3 ... ?locale=en
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
× < >