Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

HOT!!! Ridgid Wet/Dry Vacuum 34L / 9 US 3.5HP $35.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2015 9:53 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
Nemrod wrote: That depends. Stronger is a relative term. If you mean stronger as in suction, that depends on a number of things. However, just looking at the volume to peak HP ratio this vacuum is slightly weaker. I wouldn't be looking at "peak HP" though to determine if this is a good vacuum.

Too many people don't give a rats patuty about using a bag in their shop vac and in a shop vac that's a huge mistake. There's no cyclone to keep debris off the filter and what you end up doing is blocking off one of the most vital parts of the vacuum. The surface area of a filter is much smaller than that of a bag. If you use a bag you'll maintain better suction and clean-up is easy.

Regardless, if I could find this vacuum I'd probably buy it, and I bought the $20 one however many years ago that was. It's still going and is strong as ever. I just change the bag every once in a while (it holds A LOT) and I've never replaced the filter. The biggest downfall of these vacuums is the hose, though- cheap crap.
Eh.. I've never used a bag in my Ridgid shopvac. . . I also clean mine out frequently.
Aug 9, 2010
515 posts
459 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote: Eh.. I've never used a bag in my Ridgid shopvac. . . I also clean mine out frequently.
Use a bag and see the difference.

Bags also help prolong the life of the motor. It adds additional filtration to prevent fine dust from making it into the motor.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
Nemrod wrote: Use a bag and see the difference.

Bags also help prolong the life of the motor. It adds additional filtration to prevent fine dust from making it into the motor.
What kind of bag are we talking about?? I'm not sure I have ever looked into it. Is it similar to a green bin bag
Aug 9, 2010
515 posts
459 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote: What kind of bag are we talking about?? I'm not sure I have ever looked into it. Is it similar to a green bin bag
It's shown in the picture for this vac. It snaps over the inlet to the vacuum bucket.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
aperturetech wrote: What's the purpose of the "M-FIT Foam" ($ 5.97) on the receipt? Is it for the vacuum? Thanks.
Frig the were still there at 130pm online. Now they all gone ;(
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1746 posts
3106 upvotes
Calgary, AB
aperturetech wrote: What's the purpose of the "M-FIT Foam" ($ 5.97) on the receipt? Is it for the vacuum? Thanks.
I was told by the salesman that if i wanted to suck up a large amount of water i would need the foam filter. at this point I think I have been misinformed. Thoughts anyone ??
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
Mahawka wrote: I was told by the salesman that if i wanted to suck up a large amount of water i would need the foam filter. at this point I think I have been misinformed. Thoughts anyone ??
I have been using the M-FIT Foam for pleasure for over a year and I can speak to the absorbing qualities it has firsthand. Unfortunately, the second hand is also mad at me because it's always working!!!
Dec 18, 2011
487 posts
226 upvotes
Montreal
DrunkenStupor wrote: I have been using the M-FIT Foam for pleasure for over a year and I can speak to the absorbing qualities it has firsthand. Unfortunately, the second hand is also mad at me because it's always working!!!
so, with this vac you can pleasure yourself with one hand, with a m-fit foam with absorbing qualities? sorry but that's what I got out of this.
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
elixer wrote: so, with this vac you can pleasure yourself with one hand, with a m-fit foam with absorbing qualities? sorry but that's what I got out of this.
I mean that I had the pleasure of using it.. I need to go back to ESL class.
Feb 15, 2010
702 posts
700 upvotes
Surrey
elixer wrote: so, with this vac you can pleasure yourself with one hand, with a m-fit foam with absorbing qualities? sorry but that's what I got out of this.
You're not the only one.
Nov 12, 2009
69 posts
137 upvotes
Halifax
The instructions that come with the vacuum state that if you want to vacuum up a large amount of water you should remove the paper filter. That's' it, no additional filter required. There is a plunger built in that will turn the vacuum off when the water level gets high enough. I'm guessing if you are concerned about water splashing around inside the tank and potentially damaging a critical component you may want a foam filter, but it's not needed.
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
SirLookout4Deals wrote: You're not the only one.
True. Married guys like me need to be innovative. This vacuum has great suction. It will make your toes curl!
Dec 10, 2014
25 posts
Edmonton, AB
Anyone know where I can find cheap collection bags for this vacuum? Mostly for general use like saw dust, dirt, etc. Thanks in advance!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote: I too picked one up for $20. Your comment was not "unnecessary". It goes to show that if one is patient, one can score a really good deal and they do come by. The one we got had 5 peak HP. This one is only 3.5 peak HP. This one has a light in the nozzle. The one we bought doesn't.

RFD is all about 'bragging" on the "LAVA hot" deals we scored. What's wrong with that???
The thread is from 2012. Are you implying we should wait years just to score a "lava hot" deal so that we can brag about it on RFD? Some of us need an item now; not 3 years ago or 3 years from now. So yes, the comment was unnecessary as it has zero relevance to the deal being discussed here.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1746 posts
3106 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I just came back from HD on 16th nw (Calgary). They still have 5 in stock. They are located at the end of the tools isle.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Apr 24, 2011
41 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Just picked one up from Pickering hd. Pretty sure it was the last one there, but didn't look around too hard.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3385 posts
441 upvotes
Montreal
OOS on their website for my store.... those who found stocks, were they showing OOS on the site ?
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Nov 30, 2006
69 posts
12 upvotes
Parts Unknown
Picked 1 up in Hamilton, last night, called the store and was told they were sold out.
I went in person and there was 1 left on top shelf