Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Husky 1.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Jack $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2016 9:43 pm
Dec 26, 2006
306 posts
161 upvotes

Husky 1.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Jack $69.99

Price:
Looks like a fairly good deal. 1.5 Ton low profile aluminum jack. Only 1 year warranty though.

Seen at Leslie/Elgin Mills HD. Not sure if it's nationwide.

146 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4966 posts
13385 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
link

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.15-t ... 37732.html
Aluminum & Steel Racing Jack is perfect for use around the shop or for your vehicle, with minimal ground clearance height reaching the undercarriage of any vehicle is easy. This jack features a light weight feel and racing personality. Precision manufactured to an enthusiast satisfaction with a quality drive product. The fast acting dual pistons take only 10 pumps to full rise and the carrying handle makes for easy portability. The two-piece 47 inch long handle snaps together for quick and easy setup and is fitted with a foam bumper guard to help deflect dings on body panels. The jack also has a built-in safety overload system that prevents use beyond its rated capacity.
•Quick Lift reaches maximum lifting height 14-3/4" with just a few pumps
•Low profile stance makes it ideal for enthusiasts that work on lowered cars
•Constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum
•This jack also includes a side-mounted handle for quick and easy carrying
Lifting Range 3-3/8" to 14-3/4"
•Weight 34.98

the HD jack has the same model number as Big Red 1.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Jack (T815016L)

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Red-Aluminum- ... B011CZ88GE
Feb 14, 2005
825 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
This does look like a rebadged Torin jack. Even on HD's site, there's a reference to www.torinjackusa.com for warranty terms.

My only concern is that it's Made in China (which is not a problem on its iwn) and not CSA certified.

Anyways, despite that, I picked one up as I could use the extra 1" of lift range on the low side compared to my old steel jack.
Jul 24, 2005
409 posts
693 upvotes
GTA
It's also the same jack sold by crappy tire branded as motomaster. Harbor freight brands it as Pittsburgh. They all come from the same manufacturer.

That being said I have had the motomaster version for nearly 10 years now and it's been flawless.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
I've had the CT version of this for many years. It's performed well for tire changes, oil changes, etc. for my fleet of cars. Some may be worried that 1.5 ton is on the low side, but it's been a workhorse for me and I have a full size car and minivan. I've looked at the Torin one that Costco sells (I think it's 3 ton), and it looks great and appeals to my masculine side (insert Tim Allen grunt), but it is WAY bigger and heavier making it more difficult to work with in a cramped garage. For the average guy like myself I think the 1.5 ton is better, and at this price it's a great deal IMO. I think I paid $100 at CT (on sale) about 6 years ago.
Oct 7, 2008
7 posts
3 upvotes
Its a good deal but pay attention to the lifting range: 3-3/8 to 14-3/4. So max height is only 14-3/4, may not be enough for some cars or SUVs. CT has a much better 2 1/4 ton jack currently on sale for $150. The range is 4 to 18-1/4. I have this one and it can lift whole front or rear of my sedan with ease and high enough to put two jack stands under the car and replace two wheels at a time.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
oleg55555 wrote: Its a good deal but pay attention to the lifting range: 3-3/8 to 14-3/4. So max height is only 14-3/4, may not be enough for some cars or SUVs. CT has a much better 2 1/4 ton jack currently on sale for $150. The range is 4 to 18-1/4. I have this one and it can lift whole front or rear of my sedan with ease and high enough to put two jack stands under the car and replace two wheels at a time.
It's the lifting range and lowest height that really matter, not the height. If the height isn't high enough you can just place a block of wood between the jack and car (I use a piece of 2x4 or 4x4 depending on the height needed).
Mar 19, 2003
664 posts
310 upvotes
As a good habit, you should always use a piece of wood so your jack point doesn't get chewed up.
Jul 2, 2008
459 posts
215 upvotes
2kaccordcoupe wrote: I use a hockey puck
Good tip, hockey pucks were also used in the early 90's as permanent car parts for a body lift. And they'd fit well in the jack cup.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19412 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Are other jacks typically made of steel as opposed to aluminum?

What does it mean to be a "racing jack"
Jul 2, 2008
459 posts
215 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Are other jacks typically made of steel as opposed to aluminum?

What does it mean to be a "racing jack"
Normally jacks are made from iron or steel.

A racing jack will fit under the jack points of a low-slung car, such as a Honda Civic.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
stovetop wrote: What does it mean to be a "racing jack"
It's for jack racing. Take it to the top of a big hill and sit on it. You and your friends will have loads of fun.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
jbpriede wrote: Good tip, hockey pucks were also used in the early 90's as permanent car parts for a body lift. And they'd fit well in the jack cup.
This jack seems to come with a rubber "cup" already installed. Would make it less likely to slip if you're jacking under and axle or other round underbody part.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Choosy wrote: +1
+1

Check out salvation army or value village if you don't have any, they're $0.50 - $1.00 piece.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1771 posts
1666 upvotes
Vancouver
vodka wrote: +1

Check out salvation army or value village if you don't have any, they're $0.50 - $1.00 piece.
Canadian tire is 99c each.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Never saw them at CT for $0.99 but I'd still give the same amount to SA as they help the less fortunate, and I'd rather reuse/recycle than create more waste (especially when I use them to my car in which case I don't need new ones). No judgement, just saying. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8469 posts
4465 upvotes
Canuckland
Isn't the one at costco better? 3ton low profile $100

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)