Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[HD] MAKITA 4.8V Cordless Screwdriver with 80 Piece Bit Set $20 + shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2014 9:22 am
Tags:
None
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Thanks OP. I wish it came with Lithium ion battery, but it has a NiCad battery.
Aug 23, 2004
349 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
NiCad good enough for occasional home use, one with a lithium battery will be a lot more expensive. It was saying back order but after i placed order it said 1 item in stock under status, hopefully it ships. Came out to 30$ including tax and shipping. Thanks OP
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12211 posts
2948 upvotes
excellent brand but like ahoroba, I will not buy another NiCad. The problem of NiCad for occasional/casual users is when you need it, you need to charge it. THANKS op for another great deal though.

topdwnloudsound wrote: NiCad good enough for occasional home use, one with a lithium battery will be a lot more expensive. It was saying back order but after i placed order it said 1 item in stock under status, hopefully it ships. Came out to 30$ including tax and shipping. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1300 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
I have the exact same set for at least 1.5 years now. Works great and going strong.
Flexible arm and built in flash light are great. Only flaw is that plastic head holders fall out easily and becomes a mess. Im not handy man but I dont understand why the 80 piece bit set does not include square heads. (i get away by using flat heads in square screws :S but it isnt pretty)

Drill itself does the job for Ikea furniture wthout issues (thank you octabits that are included)
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
This is my favorite cordless screwdriver.

[IMG]http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDe ... mary_4.jpg[/IMG]

If you keep an eye on it, it sometimes goes on sale, though I don't remember how low. I bought it during a hammer drop, it was part of a package (with flashlight and ear protectors).
It has a torque and speed setting, which is useful for when you want to screw/unscrew quickly/slowly and not damage the object by lowering the torque.
The battery lasts forever and it is interchangeable with other Ryobi 4V gadgets.
I'm still shopping around for a drill bit attachement for that thing because it's just so darn convenient. It has a LOT of torque too.

I never liked the bits that come with tools. They are usually flimsy and you end up with too many duplicates when you combine your already existing kits.
I pick the bit kits I want separately (Long necks, strong magnetic strenght).
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2206 posts
312 upvotes
Montreal
I totally agree. I bought that Ryobi for $35 about a year ago and it's my go-to tool. It's invaluable for drilling pilot holes in larger projects or just odd jobs around the house.

I love the TEK-4 stuff and wish Ryobi would expand the range.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
SKYMTL wrote: I love the TEK-4 stuff and wish Ryobi would expand the range.
They already have the ear protection headphones with a microphone that picks up non-powertool noises so you aren't completely deaf when wearing them, and they have a few flashlights.

I can't think of anything else that can be done with just 4V.
If you want a similar quality level to the TEK-4, look into Ryobi One+ tools.