Tags:
None
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey

[Always] HD RIDGID 3300 psi Pressure Washer Model: RD80702 (RD80706) $300

More offers from Always
Just picked up the RIDGID 3300 PSI Pressure Washer at Home Depot in Greater Vancouver Model: RD80702 for $300 in store (actually they took $20 off as it was an open box, so $280) but deal is for all these units. I thought is was an error in the online price. But it is legit.

Has Subaru engine and CAT TRIPLEX with BRASS head. This is a higher end unit.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/3300-ps ... her/916018

The lower model 3000 psi version is $729.
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/3000-ps ... her/986386

The Model: RD80702 was $989 (though I am not sure, found this HD price on net) and sells for $699 in the US.

US online
http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Outdo ... reId=10051

They had 2 stuck up on the top top shelf and the employees didn't know they were even there, so you have you look up inventory online and dig for them (though online inventory isn't always accurate). Some geographic areas have very few left and others have many. So, it is hit and miss depending where you are.

Act fast. When I was getting mine from the top shelf another guy jumped on another one they had. He has a PW business and he claims his Subaru units are better than his Honda ones. " Though I don't know"

I have just assembled it and it seems like a quality unit. Warning though there is 4 oz of oil in the unit from factory, so don't fill entire bottle that comes with it.

Happy hunting... Basically a $1000 unit for $300

BREAKING BREAKING although this is a RD80702 efi in the HD description it is actually an RD80706 carb, a newer and higher model, the box states RD80706 and scanned at $300

585 replies
Apr 29, 2011
46 posts
16 upvotes
Thanks will check it out. Very limited quantities in the Ottawa area according to HD website.
Nominated most helpful poster for 2012.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
I called the store with sku to confirm inventory and price. Online inventory said 1 but when i got there, they actually had 2.

Model: RD80702 | Store SKU: 1000659760 for $300
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
rp_guy wrote:
May 4th, 2012 11:10 am
a few reviews say that the EFI isn't suited well for pressure washers. stutters/stalls often

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t40831/

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t39810/

i would avoid this even though it is so cheap. you will save in headaches later on

I talked to a pro that has one and he claimed it is excellent and bought a second one for $300.

The efi criticism in the forum you linked are from the same single person. ONE

When I researched it, most had excellent reviews with a few having restarting problems after warm, likely due to efi starting techniques differing from carb, but just return it if you have an issue.

I'll be trying mine out in the next few days and I'll test it thoroughly and report back.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1134 posts
229 upvotes
The online stock for Ottawa shows that there is 1 in South Keys and 3 at the Baseline location.

1) I went to the South Keys location and there were none. I asked the CR to check the system and he confirmed that there were none. I was looking at the screen when he checked. He checked the Baseline location and he said that there were none there as well.

2) Since the South Keys and Baseline location are just 10 mins apart, I figured it couldn't hurt to check. I drove to the Baseline location and found that there was only 1 left but it was an open boxed RETURN and it's missing parts. The guy said he said he could give me a 10% discount if I bought it but I declined because it's not worth the hassle to save a couple of bucks.

For the $299 price point, HomeDepot has a pressure washer with a Honda Engine. I don't remember the brand, but it was in a grey box, 3100 PSI.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Nov 26, 2008
815 posts
271 upvotes
Oakville
This is a good deal for the triplex pump alone.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
kennyt18 wrote:
May 4th, 2012 4:26 pm
The online stock for Ottawa shows that there is 1 in South Keys and 3 at the Baseline location.
When I went to get mine 3 employees denied they had them, I found them on the top shelf on a skid.

Those online numbers are not reliable, call around first, and get them to go and check visually

Ottawa

1 IN STOCK
GLOUCESTER
Store # 7025

2 IN STOCK
ORLEANS
Store # 7118

3 IN STOCK
BARRHAVEN
Store # 7079
Jun 11, 2010
113 posts
9 upvotes
I saw this online too and was going to check if it's a price error. Great to see this is legit. Will buy it if they have it in stock today after work! Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1134 posts
229 upvotes
03terminator wrote:
May 4th, 2012 4:44 pm
When I went to get mine 3 employees denied they had them, I found them on the top shelf on a skid.

Those online numbers are not reliable, call around first, and get them to go and check visually

Ottawa

1 IN STOCK
GLOUCESTER
Store # 7025

2 IN STOCK
ORLEANS
Store # 7118

3 IN STOCK
BARRHAVEN
Store # 7079

Yes, we all checked visually on the top shelves and none of us could find it. I only checked South Keys and Baseline/Nepean because those two are the closest for me. I'm not bothering to go out to the other stores to look for it. I'll just wait for end of season clearance.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Nov 26, 2008
815 posts
271 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP

You need to mark this as tres hot. Bought the BE a few weeks ago and that's going back now....this is 10x the machine with the Subaru motor and Cat pump.

Mississauga/Britannia had at least one left that I physically saw.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
BREAKING NEWS, BREAKING NEWS,,,

I went out and filled it with gas and ... noticed a choke. WAAA. this is not EFI,,

checked the box, it is an upgraded carbed RD80706 not EFI RD80702 as the HD description online.

Now at the checkout the box was scanned and came up $300

RD80706 HD US online is $749

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/ridgid-3-3 ... 84621.html

This is a newer higher model than the RD80702.

Maybe I lucked out but everyone should check the boxes, this is a SCREAMER of a deal.
May 21, 2002
292 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks for the deal OP!

I went to the Ajax location seeing that online stock showed 2. In store, their systems show they had three but no luck finding them on the floor. The manager and store associate were very helpful and actually looked around with me for about an hour.. no luck.

They did however have a display model which the manager let go to me for $150!

As far as I can tell its missing a hose for the wand and possibly the extension bit at the end.. No box was included, so no instructions, oil, etc.. I'm assuming I can source all these things out..

Hopefully it works out..

Whitby North can't find their one unit, and Ellesmere/Warden say they have three but are all sold
Oct 20, 2009
378 posts
95 upvotes
Calgary
no stock here in Calgary, but luckily a good friend checked out Home Depot Leila for me in Winnipeg. They had 4 left, she grabbed one for me and her husband. If it's that great of a deal, I could care less about the extra sales tax.

Nov 26, 2008
815 posts
271 upvotes
Oakville
03terminator wrote:
May 4th, 2012 1:51 pm
BREAKING NEWS, BREAKING NEWS,,,

I went out and filled it with gas and ... noticed a choke. WAAA. this is not EFI,,

checked the box, it is an upgraded carbed RD80706 not EFI RD80702 as the HD description online.

Now at the checkout the box was scanned and came up $300

RD80706 HD US online is $749

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/ridgid-3-3 ... 84621.html

This is a newer higher model than the RD80702.

Maybe I lucked out but everyone should check the boxes, this is a SCREAMER of a deal.
Yup, mines the 706 too!
× < >