• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2013 4:19 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 30, 2009
187 posts
13 upvotes
GTA
I also tried to find a RD80702 or RD80706.

I did find a "RECON RIDGID 3300 PSI/3.0 GPM" with a SKU of 663400 and a price of $581.40 @ 14th avenue & Markham Road store. Up high in the paint section.

HINT: HD used to sell pressure washers in paint until recently. Look at the racks in the paint department for old stock, often old display units.

And that's when I found something better.
BE 13hp 3600psi 4gpm
HD version of this model: http://bepressure.com/items?model=P4013HCS
Has a Comet ZWD-K 4040 Triplex piston pump, not cam or cam axial. Details of pump here

Original price was $1498, reduced to $998, reduced to $500
SKU is 101962

Same Markham east store has one (display unit, again up high in paint department).
Morningside store (Toronto) may have 1 or 2.

I bought 1 from Brampton North. They have one more, but the picker said it was dropped a lot and very damaged.
Paid $400+hst; because I asked for a discount.
It was missing the nozzles (but nothing else), so I convinced them to give me the 4000psi hose from the other (damaged) one.
Paid $20 more for 4 CAT 4000psi nozzles (0,15,25,40 degrees). No, I can't see using the 0 degree for anything at that pressure.

All 175 lbs of it. Dusty, but unused. It was a display.

Model number.

Pump.

Happy hunting...

...karl
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1904 posts
410 upvotes
Surrey
Called HD none in GVR price is $500. I think you can't rely on HD inventory system.
Sep 5, 2005
501 posts
95 upvotes
I missed the 300$ one, there is none in my local HD, but managed to get a brand new one reserved in another HD! just in time i needed a new one for my home, my old electric karsher i about to die.
Sep 9, 2008
380 posts
16 upvotes
Ok guys , UPDATE

I manage to start it today but only with help of my wife pulling on a throtle body wire :) , seriously. When it runs I had to increse the RPM's so it can keep running but I do not have a high pressure output when trying to wash. Everytime I squize the trigger the engine bogs down to the point where it almost dying but when I let go the trigger engine comes up to a running rpms. I check the pump, it has oil above a dot, I've seen the shaft from the pump into the engine also running but still no pressure. I have to check the engine manual because I think that I'm missing a spring on a throttle body side. There is a wire and a spring connected together to the "throttle body (plastic moving part on top of the TB) but I can see another "L" shaped metal thing that should of have a spring conected to it bc the end of it should of be touching a specific screw. I know a little confusing. Anyway, any advice or a sugestions are really apreciated.

Thanks.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
ap2s2k wrote:
May 31st, 2012 9:12 pm
Ok guys , UPDATE

I manage to start it today but only with help of my wife pulling on a throtle body wire :) , seriously. When it runs I had to increse the RPM's so it can keep running but I do not have a high pressure output when trying to wash. Everytime I squize the trigger the engine bogs down to the point where it almost dying but when I let go the trigger engine comes up to a running rpms. I check the pump, it has oil above a dot, I've seen the shaft from the pump into the engine also running but still no pressure. I have to check the engine manual because I think that I'm missing a spring on a throttle body side. There is a wire and a spring connected together to the "throttle body (plastic moving part on top of the TB) but I can see another "L" shaped metal thing that should of have a spring conected to it bc the end of it should of be touching a specific screw. I know a little confusing. Anyway, any advice or a sugestions are really apreciated.

Thanks.

Can you post a pic that part of the engine, maybe some with a 702 can compare to theirs..

Sep 9, 2008
380 posts
16 upvotes
03terminator wrote:
May 31st, 2012 9:27 pm
Can you post a pic that part of the engine, maybe some with a 702 can compare to theirs..

I went thru Subaru engine manual and I can see that Im missing a Governor Spring (propably gold one), I do have a governor wire with spring on it but there is a second separate spring that I need. I`m thinking if that could couse the symptoms with low pressure and engine not going higher into RMP`s. Btw, when I run the washer and I incresed the rpm`s by hand I squized the trigger and it incresed in pressure meaning pump is good.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
ap2s2k wrote:
May 31st, 2012 10:16 pm
I went thru Subaru engine manual and I can see that Im missing a Governor Spring (propably gold one), I do have a governor wire with spring on it but there is a second separate spring that I need. I`m thinking if that could couse the symptoms with low pressure and engine not going higher into RMP`s. Btw, when I run the washer and I incresed the rpm`s by hand I squized the trigger and it incresed in pressure meaning pump is good.

If you are certain, here is a parts list and diagrams for the ex21 efi (governor spring is in there)

http://robinamerica.com/media/manuals/1 ... 357500.pdf

You could try to fix yourself or call Ridgid but they may send you to a service center as they don't have the engine parts..

not sure if this is right spring, there are two,, but you can look it up by part number here..

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/govern ... 15782.html
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1036 posts
72 upvotes
03terminator wrote:
May 28th, 2012 11:28 pm
Nice, 706s,

they could be anywhere in the store... but I am surprised you guys are still finding them after 3 weeks, makes me want to go look some more.

I was in HD Regina NW yesterday evening (9.00pm), looking for something and found two on the PW section just beside with current 3000 psi Ridgid model, grabbed one. BNIB and no sign of oil leak or damage. HD has a promotion and got $50.00 off as well. $250+taxes. I am quite happy. There is one left. GO Roughriders' fans.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
tetris wrote:
Jun 1st, 2012 11:00 am
I was in HD Regina NW yesterday evening (9.00pm), looking for something and found two on the PW section just beside with current 3000 psi Ridgid model, grabbed one. BNIB and no sign of oil leak or damage. HD has a promotion and got $50.00 off as well. $250+taxes. I am quite happy. There is one left. GO Roughriders' fans.

That is a killer deal... congrats...

I used my 706 with the turbo nozzle, bought extra for $20, all I have to say is WOW. cut the time for doing aggregate in half again...

"Say hello to my little friend"

Tony Montana

//
Aug 19, 2009
13 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Having called almost every store in Southern Ontario I basically gave up. Yesterday I was in Aurora looking for a run flat wheel barrow tire, in the same aisle and took a glance ... the 3300psi caught my eye and low and behold ... the elusive RD80706. BNIB, no damage and the only one there!

Even though I had already spent the money I had set aside for a new Dewalt 20V LiIon set, this one COULDN'T be missed ... or at least that's what I told my wife. :D

If it weren't for the 25 - 30mm of rain today, she'd be all unpacked and ready to clean my trucks.

There's always tomorrow!

BE as above is also a great deal ... just a little more than what I was looking to spend and I already have a motor off my old karcher with the dead pump that will be going on my kids go cart ;)
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
kzj78 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2012 11:41 am
Having called almost every store in Southern Ontario I basically gave up. Yesterday I was in Aurora looking for a run flat wheel barrow tire, in the same aisle and took a glance ... the 3300psi caught my eye and low and behold ... the elusive RD80706. BNIB, no damage and the only one there!

Nice, did you get the $50 instant savings off $300 spent..

Calling is not reliable you have to physically check the stores thoroughly... some people have checked stores and still missed them.. but there couldn't be many left by now..

Aug 19, 2009
13 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
03terminator wrote:
Jun 1st, 2012 12:09 pm
Nice, did you get the $50 instant savings off $300 spent..
$50 instant savings???

The girl at the cash said there is a promo for outdoor items on right now but when she scanned the coupon it didn't register a discount. Is there a thread on this somewhere that I can read about? I can go back but I want to be armed with the details first.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
238 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
kzj78 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2012 12:22 pm
$50 instant savings???

The girl at the cash said there is a promo for outdoor items on right now but when she scanned the coupon it didn't register a discount. Is there a thread on this somewhere that I can read about? I can go back but I want to be armed with the details first.
Power into Summer event

$50 instant savings for 200-499 purchase... on all outdoor power equipment and pressure washers

http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDe ... uponEN.pdf

The scan may have failed...
× < >