[Always] HD RIDGID 3300 psi Pressure Washer Model: RD80702 (RD80706) $300

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2013 4:19 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 11, 2010
128 posts
11 upvotes
I have been using this pressure washer for washing cars. For that purpose, I only use the white 40 degrees nozzle tip.

I was going to wash my siding of my house and driveway, and would like to use another nozzle tip. How do you remove the current tip? I had a hard time removing it.
Oct 20, 2009
418 posts
107 upvotes
Calgary
iforyou wrote:
Jun 11th, 2012 4:49 pm
I have been using this pressure washer for washing cars. For that purpose, I only use the white 40 degrees nozzle tip.

I was going to wash my siding of my house and driveway, and would like to use another nozzle tip. How do you remove the current tip? I had a hard time removing it.

Pull down on the threaded part, and it should pop out.
Jun 13, 2009
58 posts
47 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been obsessing over getting one of these since I stumbled across this thread over a week ago but didn't think I would (I've scoured everywhere)
Then the other day it hit me all the models they carry now list the RD80707 model number on the boxes but the tag on the shelf and model number on the website both list it as RD80704 and for 729.00, both of which are also only 3000 PSI, it also shows the RD80704 as discontinued on the US Site and 499.00 ( > :( Canada and US price discrepancy is another issue altogether)
So today I stopped at a different home depot (Baseline rd in Ottawa) and start looking around, and there in paint is a box on the top shelf, I get a clerk to get the model number and article number of the box, its an RD 80704 and when he entered it into the computer it came up as 300$ (did it ever make my day)

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... -00020.jpg

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... -00024.jpg

So there is still hope! you may get lucky and be able to find an RD80704 (which was replaced by the RD80707) for 300 and still save almost 500 bucks. It seems the only difference between this and the 3300 PSI version is the 169cc 5.7HP VS 210CC 7.0HP motor
this model according to the computer had even been listed at 999.99 just over a year ago. :D
Apr 4, 2008
38 posts
9 upvotes
Sweet deal for you. I just called around the local stores (BC) and they're all reporting $729 for that PW. Did yours have a different SKU than what's listed on the website? I don't know how HD does their receipts, but the only identifying part on the receipt you scanned seems to be a number that's not the SKU. Would like to be able to argue for a price match locally if it were possible.
Dec 23, 2007
679 posts
83 upvotes
Winnipeg
AlphaCanus wrote:
Jun 11th, 2012 6:51 pm
I've been obsessing over getting one of these since I stumbled across this thread over a week ago but didn't think I would (I've scoured everywhere)
Then the other day it hit me all the models they carry now list the RD80707 model number on the boxes but the tag on the shelf and model number on the website both list it as RD80704 and for 729.00, both of which are also only 3000 PSI, it also shows the RD80704 as discontinued on the US Site and 499.00 ( > :( Canada and US price discrepancy is another issue altogether)
So today I stopped at a different home depot (Baseline rd in Ottawa) and start looking around, and there in paint is a box on the top shelf, I get a clerk to get the model number and article number of the box, its an RD 80704 and when he entered it into the computer it came up as 300$ (did it ever make my day)

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... -00020.jpg

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... -00024.jpg

So there is still hope! you may get lucky and be able to find an RD80704 (which was replaced by the RD80707) for 300 and still save almost 500 bucks. It seems the only difference between this and the 3300 PSI version is the 169cc 5.7HP VS 210CC 7.0HP motor
this model according to the computer had even been listed at 999.99 just over a year ago. :D

The RD80704 is still listed on homedepot.ca website for $729 and in stock at most locations. Doesn't seems discontinued here in Canada. Im a little lost on how you got it for $300

Are you saying the website says $729, but when scanned its $300?

edit: ahh i think i got you know.

So basicly if you find a RD80704 in store it should be listed for $300
The website says RD80704 model for $729 ,but its actually the RD80707 model. (part number error on the website)

correct me if im wrong
Jun 13, 2009
58 posts
47 upvotes
Ottawa
mactalla wrote:
Jun 11th, 2012 8:21 pm
Sweet deal for you. I just called around the local stores (BC) and they're all reporting $729 for that PW. Did yours have a different SKU than what's listed on the website? I don't know how HD does their receipts, but the only identifying part on the receipt you scanned seems to be a number that's not the SKU. Would like to be able to argue for a price match locally if it were possible.
Problem is it shows up in the system, online and on the site as 729. However the stock they are actually selling for that price as the RD80704 is actually the RD80707. Even the shelf lists it as the RD80704 but the boxes say otherwise. When he entered the article number from the actual RD80704 box it came up as 300 and showed the two previous prices (729 and 999 before that) it also scanned as 300 at the cash.
Jun 28, 2004
435 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
AlphaCanus wrote:
Jun 11th, 2012 8:36 pm
Problem is it shows up in the system, online and on the site as 729. However the stock they are actually selling for that price as the RD80704 is actually the RD80707. Even the shelf lists it as the RD80704 but the boxes say otherwise. When he entered the article number from the actual RD80704 box it came up as 300 and showed the two previous prices (729 and 999 before that) it also scanned as 300 at the cash.
So you're saying that you need the sku number from the actual box instead of the skew that's listed on the label in store and on the website. So what is the sku on the box for the item you purchased?
Sep 5, 2007
693 posts
22 upvotes
i picked up one of these last week at the richmondhill location. there was one left.

good luck
Tire Discounter Richmond Hill
raptixs@gmail.com - Toronto Raptors 2017-18 LOWER Bowl Section 105 Row 25
Jun 13, 2009
58 posts
47 upvotes
Ottawa
akuma2 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2012 9:05 pm
So you're saying that you need the sku number from the actual box instead of the skew that's listed on the label in store and on the website. So what is the sku on the box for the item you purchased?
Rushed to get to work after my purchase and the machine has been sitting in the trunk ever since. I went back the car to get the skew and just noticed this:

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... -00282.jpg :eek:

I didn't climb the ladder to get the info or enter it into the computer nor did i scan it at the cash I only just noticed this sticker on it 5 minutes ago looking for a skew as its still sitting in my trunk.

All I know is it is either a major fluke and stroke of luck for me, or it's possible many of the older RD80704 Boxes may have that article number on it to clear them out, I'm not sure anymore.

If it turns out I only had a lucky horseshoe up my ass then I apologize if I got peoples hopes up for nothing. :facepalm: :o

P.S. thanks RFD
Apr 4, 2008
38 posts
9 upvotes
AlphaCanus wrote:
Jun 11th, 2012 9:43 pm
If it turns out I only had a lucky horseshoe up my ass then I apologize if I got peoples hopes up for nothing. :facepalm: :o

Count your lucky horseshoes.

I found one 704 box amid the 707 boxes but there was no extra sticker. The UPC on the 704 and 707 match exactly so naturally they scan at the same price. My guess is someone slapped that sticker on yours mistaking it for a 702 as it even says 3300psi instead of 3000psi.

I did see a BE that looked interesting. Not awesome like a Ridgid, but it's not looking like I'll ever score one of those. Would I be wrong in assuming there should be some (good?) sales at the end of the season to clear their stock? Anyone know when those would start?
Jun 28, 2004
435 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
AlphaCanus wrote:
Rushed to get to work after my purchase and the machine has been sitting in the trunk ever since. I went back the car to get the skew and just noticed this:

I didn't climb the ladder to get the info or enter it into the computer nor did i scan it at the cash I only just noticed this sticker on it 5 minutes ago looking for a skew as its still sitting in my trunk.

All I know is it is either a major fluke and stroke of luck for me, or it's possible many of the older RD80704 Boxes may have that article number on it to clear them out, I'm not sure anymore.

P.S. thanks RFD
Yeah, someone slapped the wrong sticker on your box and that's why you got the discount. You're a lucky devil, I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time.
Mar 8, 2006
464 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
[QUOTE]

I did see a BE that looked interesting. Not awesome like a Ridgid, but it's not looking like I'll ever score one of those. Would I be wrong in assuming there should be some (good?) sales at the end of the season to clear their stock? Anyone know when those would start?[/QUOTE]

There was a BE washer on sale a few years ago that was 60 % off, it was on sale at the end of September.
Jun 11, 2010
128 posts
11 upvotes
80085 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2012 4:52 pm
Pull down on the threaded part, and it should pop out.

I will try it after work today. Do you need to apply a lot of force to do so?
Jan 28, 2008
40 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
AlphaCanus wrote:

P.S. thanks RFD

was there any more or just the one on the shelf?
Apr 4, 2008
38 posts
9 upvotes
intravino wrote:
Jun 12th, 2012 10:33 am
There was a BE washer on sale a few years ago that was 60 % off, it was on sale at the end of September.

That's encouraging to hear. Thanks.

If there's one thing I learned from this thread (aside from HD can have awesome deals for a handful of people and their inventory system is pretty pathetic) it's that the pump is the most important part of a PW despite all the emphasis on the engine. Obviously a triplex pump is ideal if you can score a big enough deal and CAT and Comet seem to be the big names even if settling for an axial pump. But it looks like BE has their own brand of pumps that they use on at least some of their models. I've never heard anything whatsoever regarding their quality. Is that something to steer away from or are they pretty decent too?