Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Always

HD RIDGID 3300 psi Pressure Washer Model: RD80702 (RD80706) $300

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2020 12:10 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 8, 2007
277 posts
60 upvotes
White Rock BC
I assume a 80706..
markopas wrote: OK.. I'm a little baffled about this - used it once

Why are there two dipsticks on this thing, one front and one back?
the engine is used for different applications and access varies, the dipsticks read the same on a level surface
Also, do you guys turn your water on first before starting the PW?
yes, and run it through the machine by pulling the wand trigger for 30-60 seconds at least to remove any air from system

Few more things and hope you can bear with me questions.

The two switches on the side next to pull start handle are the gas on/off and choke. What positions do you have them in when you start it.
gas "on" obvious,, and if cold engine choke full (lever toward front of engine) if warm no choke or maybe half

but after running to warm up reduce choke to half then "off" (lever toward rear)
When you need to turn it off, do you just kill it by closing the choke or switch it to off?
switch "off" with the ignition on/off, not the fuel on/off
Jan 20, 2006
985 posts
357 upvotes
Montreal
Hi guys,
It's my first time using a pressure washer. Does anyone knows if "explosion sound" coming from the engine sounds normal? It is pretty random but it scared me twice when I was testing it. Does it require specific type of gas? Thank you!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
ymlccc wrote: Hi guys,
It's my first time using a pressure washer. Does anyone knows if "explosion sound" coming from the engine sounds normal? It is pretty random but it scared me twice when I was testing it. Does it require specific type of gas? Thank you!
This is called a backfire.
If coming from the *702, this is normal. Engine runs like sh1t apparently lol
Dec 25, 2009
352 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
Finally started my unit up...wow it has a lot of power. Problem though...anyone else have an issue with the water flow not stopping when the handle is released?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1398 posts
863 upvotes
Task514 wrote: This is called a backfire.
If coming from the *702, this is normal. Engine runs like sh1t apparently lol
Wow, I thought I was the only one. The backfire was pretty loud on the "702" so I returned it to HD yesterday. 1 in a million chance but there was a "706" sitting in the seasonal aisle and they did a straight exchange - "706" for $150.00. Works way better than the "702".
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
Well my EFI model started fine this season! After only 3-4 pulls!
Sep 28, 2009
468 posts
443 upvotes
Reviving an old one here but hoping some of you RIDGID PW owners may have already replaced a hose.

My included hose burst and I am having the most difficult time tracking down a 5/16th ID (inner diameter) hose with quick connect ends. Even more confusing is that my local HD has this one:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/be-pow ... 1000163148

No info on the inner diam. on the link but in store the sticker says this:
20200506_122356.jpg

I ordered it for curbside pickup and although the SKU's match the product label says it's 1/4" ID and 4000 psi (instead of 5/16" ID and 3600 psi):

20200507_091411.jpg

So my question is, is this safe?

We're talking about a difference of 1/16th" but on the other hand, with all this pressure it is handling and outputting, I am concerned it was designed to use that size hose for a reason. Obviously a smaller ID I am expecting more pressure/stress on the hose itself and the output to be a higher pressure since it is smaller.

Anyone else come across this issue?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1450 posts
1346 upvotes
Oakville
Funny.......I was referencing this thread just the other day when I tuned mine up.

The original hose is a pain as its seems too 'rigid' but I have put up with it. Would love a more flexible hose for it. Have you checked the BE website here?

Have you looked at Princess Auto?
Sep 28, 2009
468 posts
443 upvotes
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: Funny.......I was referencing this thread just the other day when I tuned mine up.

The original hose is a pain as its seems too 'rigid' but I have put up with it. Would love a more flexible hose for it. Have you checked the BE website here?

Have you looked at Princess Auto?
Princess Auto, Peavey Mart, Cdn Tire, Lowe's, Rona, checked them all!

The BE website only shows 2 5/16" hoses and they don't appear to have quick connect fittings.

I will say this though, I have hooked up the one I ended up with and it is definitely more malleable and more kink resistant than the original. Seems to operate normally so far, but again just concerned about the difference in ID size and messing with the pressure.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)